Manga characters that you like most

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

Libaax, check this link http://www.bleachportal.net/raw17_hires_large.jpg :D

Starzinger, I've never heard of it. Is it good and how many volumes does it have?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Oo i like Aoki so much that i dont know why i choosed Kurano before him.......

[Update list]

1. Guts[Berserk] the coolest hero of all manga with the craziest fighting face that i thought he was the bad guy in the manga,cause he looks so evil when he is in a fight.

2. Takamura[Hajime No Ippo] funny,pervert and a awesome boxer a very good combination

3. Onizuka[GTO] he is the same as Takamura funny,crazy,pervert.

4. Ippo[Hajime No Ippo] a little to good sometimes but he is a very real character,nice,the only hardworking type that isn't a cliche. A very rare character in manga.

5. Rock Lee[Naruto] very special fighting style, he is a geek most of the times with his nice guy pose, but i like that in him.

6.Ogami Itto[Lone Wolf and Cub] He is a very samurai like character that you think he was a real person not a manga character.

7. Miyamoto Musashi[Vagabond] Glory seeking samurai that is perfect for Vagabond.

8. Sakuragi Hanamichi[Slam Dunk] He is Takamura in high School nuff said.

9. Light[Death Note] He isn't a good guy,he doesn't feel guilty about anything would kill his mother if he had to,i like his goal in life to make criminals pay.

10. Aoki and Kimura [Hajime No Ippo]
They aren't great boxers like Ippo or Taka but they are funny and their story is so great,their matches are often more emotional to watch,specially when they have important matches. Everyone who have read HNP knows why they are so great.

You can see my love for Hajime No Ippo when i have all four main characthers in my top ten.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Libaax wrote:Yourichi isnt that the cat?

Man i wish i didnt ask since now i know how the cat looks in her human shape.....
I mean I only had her in my sig an avatar for like a couple of months. lol I felt I give it a break with Murrue for awhile. XD
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Next time you have an av like this one who is a spoiler dont tell me what it is if it hasnt been shown in the anime yet.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

the anime?? bah She has been shown in the anime where do you think I got the pick from lol.

Sorry but you asked and I told, I'll remember for next time.
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Which ep was she shown? I have seen up 31 and you have had this pic for months long before ep 31.

Nah it was my fault for asking.
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

RedEyes wrote: Starzinger, I've never heard of it. Is it good and how many volumes does it have?
It's an really old one from the 70th's ;p it's based on "A journey to the west" but instead of taking place in ancient china it takes place in space ;).

The anime is known as Spaceketeers in the us. I basically just chose that serie and that character because I saw it when I was like three years old ;p still my fav anime =]
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Three years old?? Sounds like your parents brainwashed you to like anime so early. You have great parents :)

When i get a kid i will only buy anime for her/him no disney crap ;)
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

here he is! ;] http://www.comune.modena.it/glamazonia/ ... img005.jpg

Ah yeah Libaax mum always bought those jap animes like

Genshi Shounen Ryu - ( Rai Grottpojken )
Silverfang
Tigermask etc ;)

all classics!
Last edited by isse-pisse-päron-pung on Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Looks lika a ninja ;)
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

I also like oldies, but they're hard to find and first you need to get names from people :)

I'm currently watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Central Anime is subbing it. Recently, I've finished Irresposible Captain Taylor, I'll check it's OVAs later. We might have an oldies thread maybe...
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Oldies thread is a good idea cause i have been watching anime only since 2003 so i might have missed some great oldies.

Since you and Isse knows so much about the old ones,maybe you can tell them to us,the good ones that is.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I think D (Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust) is also a very cool character.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

one of my favorite manga characters:

take a good look at the avatar xD
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

Too bad that Hitsugaya couldn't get more air time in the manga. now that SS is left behind, I don't know when we'll see those guys again...

D is good, D & talking hand combo is very funny. I wonder whether they'll adapt another book from the series. Vampire Hunter D is a 17 book series and they've adapted just 2 of those...
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

So there is Vampire D manga that is 17 vols, is it scanned?

Also no spoilers about any manga or anime in this thread cause it ruins for people,like me i only watch Bleach anime and it would boring if you guys told what is happening in the manga now.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Libaax wrote:So there is Vampire D manga that is 17 vols, is it scanned?

Also no spoilers about any manga or anime in this thread cause it ruins for people,like me i only watch Bleach anime and it would boring if you guys told what is happening in the manga now.
Now, that is a crime, plain and simple. The Bleach anime is extraordinary in and of itself, but not reading the manga... Damn.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

As far as I know Vampire Hunter D is not a manga, it is a novel series. Frankly, I don't know whether all of them are translated to English.

I agree Lordmune... You should definitely check the Bleach manga if you're watching the anime
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Kakihara from Ichi the Killer

dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

RedEyes wrote:Too bad that Hitsugaya couldn't get more air time in the manga. now that SS is left behind, I don't know when we'll see those guys again...
sadly, prolly not for a while :(
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

RedEyes wrote:As far as I know Vampire Hunter D is not a manga, it is a novel series. Frankly, I don't know whether all of them are translated to English.

I agree Lordmune... You should definitely check the Bleach manga if you're watching the anime
If its a japenese book then it most likely it isnt translated.

I'm gonna still look if there is a translated version.

About Bleach if it was one of my fav animes then i would read the manga cause i know that most mangas are better than anime versions but bleach is an ok shonen for me.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Guts
&
Alucard

these are equal for me.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Alucard is cool and everything but a characther with so little development will find it hard to be in my fav list.
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

But sometimes you just want a character that is totally pointless, that is just ridiciously strong, like Alucard ;]
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah he is a fav just not in the top ten, he is at number 11 or 12 cause of his badassnes.