Vagabond

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

Quest your sig and ava reminds me, i need to get back to reading some of the Ultimate series again.

Anyway, you guys are very welcome. If all goes well, which it has to this point, the rest of volume 22 will be out within a week (chapters 195-197). I plan on releasing both the chapters and the whole volume at once. The only advantage to having the volume is that i didnt put in the little drawing at the end of chapter 189, so you can get it now. Scans for volume 23 shouldnt take much longer. The cover for volume 23, alone, is worth it.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

well you better!!!
its getting good but the releases are too damn slow! ultimates is only up till 11 after soooo long.
and catch up on ultimate FF as well, i love the art/esp. the colouring and the story arcs twists and moves so fast.

and thanks for the updates on the scanlations. i hope to read vagabond again.
and again!!
=)

though libaax will be disappointed at my "piracy"....
=P
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

simply because i am too lazy ill post this link: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=4941.0 that has all our releases including 195-197 and the entire volume if you prefer it.
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

huh, had no idea anyone read and loved this manga but me.
What's been scanlated? I own vol 21.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

all of volume 22 and chapters 207-212 (the latest raw) (by KO-Scans. Everything before was scanned from the vix edition by m-s). why?

1. Where's volume 23? Why do you guys have scanlations for volume 22 and 24, but not 23?

Well, here's why: we started scanlating the newest chapters (207 at the time) and at the same time, we tried to fill the gap between the newest and the last releases from Manga-sketchbook (volume 21). Volume 23 will be coming soon as well, don't worry.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Thanks to K.O. Scans you can now read volumes 23 and 24, if you haven't already. Pretty good shit, so go check it out. I think that bit about "The Way" reminded me of something as well, heh. Poor Denshichiro doesn't stand a chance. :P
inkthinker
Found the Edit button

Post by inkthinker »

AUUGH!!!

SUCH a cliffhanger! But I'm glad to read ahead, just the same. I've read the novel that this is based on, but he's really not following that so much anymore... this story has a life all its own, and Inuoe's art has never looked better.

I espescially like that the story takes a real focus on the mortality and the drives of men who live to master the sword. Can't wait for another... espescially with the ending of 215.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, but you know Denshichiro is going down. I mean, we already know he loses an arm. I really do love this manga though, one of my favorites. You can't really look to it for historical accuracy though. I don't think it would be as exciting if he stuck to the history books though. I wonder why he decided to make Kojiro deaf though, because he certainly wasn't. I sure hope he learns how to talk at some point though, because I've heard about some of the great lines he had in the novel. I really love the philosophy in Vagabond as well. It's a very important element to the manga.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, but you know Denshichiro is going down. I mean, we already know he loses an arm.
Do they say it in the manga or did you just spoil it to many? I might be wrong, but I dont remember something about Den losing an arm in the manga.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, but you know Denshichiro is going down. I mean, we already know he loses an arm. I really do love this manga though, one of my favorites. You can't really look to it for historical accuracy though. I don't think it would be as exciting if he stuck to the history books though. I wonder why he decided to make Kojiro deaf though, because he certainly wasn't. I sure hope he learns how to talk at some point though, because I've heard about some of the great lines he had in the novel. I really love the philosophy in Vagabond as well. It's a very important element to the manga.
I think being deaf is much more interesting than him being the avreage rival who says "good" lines.

Its interesting seeing a guy with a handicap surviving by his skill.

Also the novel wasnt too histrorical correct iether cause nobody knows everything for sure about Musashi and his life.

I think he should make this manga exactly as he wants. Also i am sure he wont jump over important part of his life.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Finito wrote:
Starnum wrote:Yeah, but you know Denshichiro is going down. I mean, we already know he loses an arm.
Do they say it in the manga or did you just spoil it to many? I might be wrong, but I dont remember something about Den losing an arm in the manga.
Yeah, it shows it at the beginning of volume 21, chapter 180. Pay closer attention. :sweat:
Libaax wrote:I think being deaf is much more interesting than him being the avreage rival who says "good" lines.
I agree, it's interesting. I didn't say I didn't want him to be deaf. I just hope he learns how to talk, but it's not terrible important.
Libaax wrote: Also the novel wasnt too histrorical correct iether
I never said it was.
Libaax wrote: I think he should make this manga exactly as he wants. Also i am sure he wont jump over important part of his life.
I agree.
Finito

Post by Finito »

Yeah, it shows it at the beginning of volume 21, chapter 180. Pay closer attention. :sweat:
I think its more becuz of my bad memory(which isnt that bad...) than my attention used to read this manga. Great series deserve greater attention to me.

I dont mind Inoue doing the way he wants, but hed have to keep the standards hes been doing. I think hes mostly already doing it the way he wants it, I mean he must think the story is already great and when he sees a chance to make a part greater, he just does and I think it's the best way Vagabond can turn out. Unless you really think hes a genius and could rewrite the whole story his own way and make it better or as good as keeping the greatness of the novel and adding his special touch. Maybe he could, but id prefer not risk it and cause abobinations. Exactly as he wants could end up being samurais fighting with basketballs and headbutts.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Thats a cheap shot against one of the best writers in manga.

He is one of only three writers in manga i believe fully in thier skills.

I am sure he could write Musashi's history totaly and make it great IF he wanted to.

This waiting is killing me.

Since i read the books and the fact the scans are 3 vols ahead are soo annoying :twisted: :P

What do you guys think about his art, i think he is by the far the best artist now.

Only Miura's Berserk art in the first 20 vols of Berserk could compete with it. Thats it before the art in Berserk became to white and shiny ala RPG fantasy. Loved the dark brutal art of earlier Berserk.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I definitely think Inoue is one of the best, but Miura is still my favorite. I think the art in Berserk has only improved over the years, but that's me.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Starnum wrote:I definitely think Inoue is one of the best, but Miura is still my favorite. I think the art in Berserk has only improved over the years, but that's me.
Quoted for truth.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Starnum wrote:I definitely think Inoue is one of the best, but Miura is still my favorite. I think the art in Berserk has only improved over the years, but that's me.
The art has improved.

But sometimes its too "light" for Berserk.

Inoue annoys me in one big way, his fricking lame ending of Slam Dunk.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Lame ending of Slam Dunk? Do you mean the last couple of episodes in the anime, because I heard those were filler that he didn't write. Perhaps you mean the manga, hm. Oh well, don't tell me. I'll be seeing it soon I think. I just finished the match with Ryonan to see who goes to the nationals. The matches can be pretty long, but damn that was some awesome shit. I'm on episodes 85 now.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The anime is good but it ends way before the manga.

Also the manga is awesome artwise. The animation is like ten times worse than his art for some reason. It shouldnt have been hard to copy his art.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I know the anime ends before the manga. Were you referring to the anime or the manga, when you said it had a crappy ending?
Finito

Post by Finito »

Manga obviously,

*Could spoil*
but the anime also kinda have an incomplete ending, so it feels wrong to stop after the anime, you just have to read the manga to know what happens and when you decide to read the manga, it ends in a dissatisfactory way. Its pretty deceiving when your hoping it will end in a successful or accomplishing way.
inkthinker
Found the Edit button

Post by inkthinker »

I think Kojiro is possibly the character that Inoue's made deviate the most from the novel... not only is he now deaf and childlike in his innocence, but I don't seem him using an odachi, either (and The Drying Pole was such a great name for a sword, too)

I don't mind much that he's changed the characters, but at this point it seems that having foreknowledge of the book is no guarantee against the manga, because he's off the rails for sure. I expect it will still climax with a showdown between Musashi and Kojiro on Ganryu Island, but beyond that... hard to say.

I kinda like that, though... makes this a much more interesting and suspenseful tale.

As for Denshichiro's fate in this fight we've stopped on... again, nothing is writ, and it seems like it would be just like Inoue to make that moment he foreshadowed in 21 only a small part, and not even necessarily an accurate part, of the events as they unfold.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, I know the anime ends before the manga. Were you referring to the anime or the manga, when you said it had a crappy ending?
Let me know when you have read the real ending in the manga.

You will definitly have strong opionions about it.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ok, I'll be sure to let you know. ;)
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

Libaax wrote:

This waiting is killing me.

Since i read the books and the fact the scans are 3 vols ahead are soo annoying :twisted: :P

I just had to say that 215 is the latest chapter out in japan, so unless you know of something that i dont then you are as caught up as the rest of us
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah its only you leechers that have caught up with the book in japan ;)

Fpr us who buy the book from Viz aka the english version of the books, the latest vol is 21.

They are of course atleast one year behind Japan. Like most english versions of the manga books are over here and in the west.

OP books are on vol 33 what are the manga on in japan vol 42,43?