Newbie Berserk Discussion Thread

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Newbie Berserk Discussion Thread

Post by Istvan »

fujinsan wrote:@quanjose: teh b1g!!1!111 Teh sec0nd seas0n 1s be1Ng m@d3 @5 W3 Sp3@k.
Um. Does anyone have a newbie-to-english dictionary, by any chance?
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Hey guys, no need to bash on this guy. He didn't make a new thread!
quanjose wrote:mhe o well i know the answer to my question no one knows when it will be :( o wells just gotta wait it out wish they would have finished the tv show tho would have been sick
I'll try to help you out. Usually the guys who do all the work in making a release don't know when a new chapter will come out if its not listed in the end of the previous one.
So therefore.... *drum roll please*
No one knew for months and its been a pain in the ass. I believe it has been confirmed the next chapter will be out on the 24th. Mind you this will be the RAW (japanese langauage and all) Then you have to give these awesome guys several days to do a QUALITY translation. They're always on top of things with putting out. I mean putting out the translated material.

Also, there will never be a second season to Berserk unless I win the lottery and fund the project myself.

and... just if you plan on sticking around this forum. Most of the people here write very well unless they're trying to be intentionally funny or doing something stupid. Try to take advantage of the red line under your misspelled words. Punctuation can i haz sum plz :thumb:

Guess I'm in a good mood tonight.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

lon3vvolf wrote:They're always on top of things with putting out.
I'll try to live up to your statement that the people around here write very well while commenting on that phrase:

That jovial misadventure of yours is most uproariously jocular. :lol:
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Istvan wrote:
fujinsan wrote:@quanjose: teh b1g!!1!111 Teh sec0nd seas0n 1s be1Ng m@d3 @5 W3 Sp3@k.
Yes here

"It is so awsome! The second season of berserk is being made as we speak."
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

fujinsan wrote:
Istvan wrote:
Yes here

Ah, thanks. That makes sense, then. Blatently untrue, of course, but at least it makes sense.
Also, there will never be a second season to Berserk unless I win the lottery and fund the project myself.
Probably not even then. Copyright.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Istvan wrote:
If you got money to burn, you can pay the royalties, no big deal.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Istvan wrote:
fujinsan wrote:
Istvan wrote:
Yes here

Ah, thanks. That makes sense, then. Blatently untrue, of course, but at least it makes sense.
Yes it's quite untrue but couldn't you've waited another day or two. The guy might've come back and seen it, and been all surprised like, "Omg! Really?!!!"
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

War Machine wrote:
Istvan wrote:
I'd have said "People with money can take a shit on copyright. So what if someone sues them, just buy yourself a get-out-of-jail-card and do it again."

Yeah, money stinks :D
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

War Machine wrote:
Istvan wrote:
Problem being I'm pretty sure that Miura is refusing to sell them. If it was just a matter of money there are probably plenty of studios which would pay him a lot for the right to do another season of Berserk.
Fradener
imanewbie

Post by Fradener »

OK I'll bite.. why doesn't Miura want a season 2?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, nice way to make your first post, unlike some people. :wink:
Fradener
imanewbie

Post by Fradener »

Starnum wrote:Heh, nice way to make your first post, unlike some people. :wink:
Aw crap, what did I do? :?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Nothing, you made a decent first post in the Newbie thread, good work.

To answer your question, I don't really know how Miura feels, but I don't think he'll want to make a second season until he finishes the manga at least. I don't know how they'd do it though with all the things they left out of the first, unless they just wing it and gloss over the stuff anyway, or redo the first season. A second season still seems like a long shot regardless of Miura's feelings, so we usually don't get our hopes up. *shrugs*
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Don't scare them, Starnum. Poor little newbie, come over here *strokes his head*. :lol:
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

War Machine wrote:Don't scare them, Starnum. Poor little newbie, come over here *strokes his head*. :lol:

Don't trust War Machine!

He attracts little childr'n to his candy house 'n the woods dat way, only to t'rtur them 'n the most horribly inhuman ways.......like forcing 'em to watch NARUTO non-stop! And they aint regular episodes, nay......he forces 'em to watch filler episodes.

Aye, me lad, I know it sounds imposibly evil, but ye cannot underestamate da Intarweb......now RUN! Run as fast as you can, and, no matter what happens, never look back! RUUUUUUUNN!
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Rolos wrote:
War Machine wrote:Don't scare them, Starnum. Poor little newbie, come over here *strokes his head*. :lol:

Don't trust War Machine!

He attracts little childr'n to his candy house 'n the woods dat way, only to t'rtur them 'n the most horribly inhuman ways.......like forcing 'em to watch NARUTO non-stop! And they aint regular episodes, nay......he forces 'em to watch filler episodes
That's just cruel.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

From what I've heard, the reason the Berserk anime ends the way it did (and in fact the reason for its entire structure) is that Miura saw it as a way to advertise his manga. The entire anime was a way of making people want so desperately to know what happened that they'd run out and by the manga. Completing the story in the anime would thus seem counterproducive. As Starnum says, maybe there will be another season after the manga is finished (though probably not) but that won't be for a long time.
He attracts little childr'n to his candy house 'n the woods dat way, only to t'rtur them 'n the most horribly inhuman ways.......like forcing 'em to watch NARUTO non-stop! And they aint regular episodes, nay......he forces 'em to watch filler episodes.
NO! That monster! Not even Miura depicts such a horrible torture method! War Machine, how could you?!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I need to feed, you just cost me my dinner. :evil:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Istvan wrote:From what I've heard, the reason the Berserk anime ends the way it did (and in fact the reason for its entire structure) is that Miura saw it as a way to advertise his manga. The entire anime was a way of making people want so desperately to know what happened that they'd run out and by the manga. Completing the story in the anime would thus seem counterproducive. As Starnum says, maybe there will be another season after the manga is finished (though probably not) but that won't be for a long time.!
I know that's what I did, I ran out and started looking for the Berserk manga, and that eventually lead me to EG, after I had read all the Hawks had released, which at the time was up to Volume 26! 8)
War Machine wrote:I need to feed, you just cost me my dinner. :evil:
:lol:
Fradener
imanewbie

Post by Fradener »

Istvan wrote:From what I've heard, the reason the Berserk anime ends the way it did (and in fact the reason for its entire structure) is that Miura saw it as a way to advertise his manga. The entire anime was a way of making people want so desperately to know what happened that they'd run out and by the manga. Completing the story in the anime would thus seem counterproducive. As Starnum says, maybe there will be another season after the manga is finished (though probably not) but that won't be for a long time.
That makes a great deal of sense. Damn that clever fiend. I swear, if he slips in the shower before the story is done I will strap on a Proton Pack, hunt down his ghost and put him in a containment grid for all eternity.

That said.. couldn't they just make a second season with the same ARGH CLIFFHANGER structure? They could end it right before the climax at the end of the second arc.

People watch, want to know what happens next, it renews interest..
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

But there's no other point in Berserk as cliffhangery as that. And really it would have been better if they had just left off the first episode, as well as the little thing at the end of the last, then people would be completely going crazy for the manga.
War Machine wrote:I need to feed, you just cost me my dinner. :evil:
"Ah, no. You wouldn't want to eat me, I'm nothin but skin an bones."
_______________________________________________-Ancient newbie proverb
_______________________________________________Image
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

DrPepperPro wrote:But there's no other point in Berserk as cliffhangery as that. And really it would have been better if they had just left off the first episode, as well as the little thing at the end of the last, then people would be completely going crazy for the manga.
I dunno, I think then a lot of people might have been under the impression that Guts and Casca died along with everyone else.
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

hbi2k wrote:I dunno, I think then a lot of people might have been under the impression that Guts and Casca died along with everyone else.
ok how about they just show a big yellow smiley face after guts' screaming at the end.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

DrPepperPro wrote: ok how about they just show a big yellow smiley face after guts' screaming at the end.
Giving the impression that Guts goes to heaven, where every day is happy happy joy joy day? 8)
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Aetherfukz wrote:
DrPepperPro wrote: ok how about they just show a big yellow smiley face after guts' screaming at the end.
Giving the impression that Guts goes to heaven, where every day is happy happy joy joy day? 8)
I dunno if that would be my impression. Yellow smiley faces can be kind of scary. After all, what are they smiling about?