Newbie Berserk Discussion Thread

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Your sig is too tall Sykes, height size on this forum is 160 pixels.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I always thougth that the first crusades was a failure for the christain forces. And that they won the second and lost the third.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Joeki
notanewb

Post by Joeki »

Well its just a matter of interpretation then . If you see the People's Crusade as a seperate one like me : the first one was a failure .

If you see it as being only part of the larger first crusade , it was a failure but turned out into brief victory a bit later .

i'm just going to leave it at that .

On a sidenote : I believe Wikipedia lists it as a seperate crusade but doesn't name it the first crusade , just the peoples Crusade . After that its the official First crusade . :) .
Darkshine
imanewbie

Post by Darkshine »

Ayanami wrote:Your sig is too tall Sykes, height size on this forum is 160 pixels.
Isnt the height 300 :roll:
When the light is out, there will still be a Dark little shine out there(or will it?)
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Darkshine wrote:
Ayanami wrote:Your sig is too tall Sykes, height size on this forum is 160 pixels.
Isnt the height 300 :roll:
That is for avatar.

160 for just pic siggy, or 140 w/ additional text. Read the guidelines.
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

Wikipedia entry for the People's Crusade:
The People's Crusade is part of the First Crusade and lasted roughly six months from April 1096 to October.

Wikipedia entry for the First Crusade as a whole:
After Byzantine emperor Alexius I called for help with defending his empire against the Seljuk Turks, in 1095 Pope Urban II called upon all Christians to join a war against the Turks, a war which would count as full penance. Crusader armies marched to Jerusalem, sacking several cities on their way. In 1099, they took Jerusalem and massacred the population. As a result of the First Crusade, several small Crusader states were created, notably the Kingdom of Jerusalem. Following this crusade there was a second, unsuccessful wave of crusaders; see Crusade of 1101.

You can check the summaries of each Crusade from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusade#The_major_crusades
Sykes
imanewbie

Post by Sykes »

Ayanami wrote:
Your sig is too tall Sykes, height size on this forum is 160 pixels.
Fixed

"The darkness in my soul is the only thing yet to be consumed by the fire."
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Oh boy...

my internet gets screwed up for half a day and look what happens: the Gr. thread is locked :cry: :x :oops: :roll: :evil:

I was gonna post an ironic observation:

Gr. never really considered Guts his friend while they fought alongside.
Now that Guts is his sworn enemy, he suddenly meets all requirements that Gr. needs to consider someone his friend...what a whacko...
:wink:
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

actually i think he met all those requirements during his stay with the raiders. thats the reason griffith was able to form a relationship with him unique from the rest of his army.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

He found him unique (is it true this word has an alternative meaning?) when they first met.

Well, there's truth there, and maybe that was sth Guts was able to achieve: get beyond those ideals and rules that Gr, had in his mind...it was probably what brought him down after Guts left.

:sleep: sorry

too drowsy to explain anything
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

He always met griffiths friend requirements and he completed it when he left and griffith realized it at that point.
He wasn't just a precious sword like Casca, he was always at his side.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

If Guts would have said somthing to Griffith about hearing him on the stairs with the princess I sure Griffith would have been like..."I didnt mean you Guts you are uniqe" Guts would have been satisfied and stayed. Ha there is soemthing that would blow your mind two men talking about there feelings. :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
martyr3810
Mastered PM

Post by martyr3810 »

I think Griffith MEANT it. I think it was one of those "didn't realize he needed him until he lost him" deals.
I am without a home and in that I find my place in it all.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Does he have a sword?
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

martyr3810 wrote:I think Griffith MEANT it. I think it was one of those "didn't realize he needed him until he lost him" deals.
That's exactly what I think.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

but from the way things unfold, loosing Guts was a step to get his kingdom... so he also needed to loose Guts for his dream to come true
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Yeah because there may not been another way for him to join the angels or whatever call themselves. Godhand or something.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Sandman wrote: Ha there is soemthing that would blow your mind two men talking about there feelings. :twisted:
no two guys with swords :P
RedEyes wrote:but from the way things unfold, loosing Guts was a step to get his kingdom... so he also needed to loose Guts for his dream to come true
no he was probably gonna get his kingdom fine and dandy, or aleast eventually, if he still had guts by his side. anyone think that he originally planned to go fuck charlette that night and that guts really didnt havent anything to do with that? i just thought "what if guts was only responsible for the wierd look in his eyes while he did it" also, what if he accidentally called charlette guts while screwing her...that woulda just been plain awkward.
martyr3810
Mastered PM

Post by martyr3810 »

I'm still curious if things would've turned out differently if Griffith's sword hadn't been broken when they turned out to arrest him (stop me if this has already been discussed)
I am without a home and in that I find my place in it all.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

martyr3810 wrote:I'm still curious if things would've turned out differently if Griffith's sword hadn't been broken when they turned out to arrest him (stop me if this has already been discussed)
Griffith is skilled with a sword, but there is no way he could have defeated that completely armed troop by himself.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Float like a butterfly sting like a bee, he could. I have a feeling serpico(or whatever) could with his old sword and no doubt with the new feather.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

martyr3810 wrote:(stop me if this has already been discussed)
That is exactly what this thread is for. Read the first post. :wink:

I don't think it's been discussed though. It's rather pointless anyway.
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

If Griffith had his sword, he would have been able to fend them off long enough to escape at least...but he still would have lost his chance at being king so the eclipse still would have happened
:wink:
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

thats debateable, the people loved him. the people and the aristocracy are the key to a kingdom. he had already eliminated almost all of his oposition, the brave ones atleast, in the aristocracy and he was in position to win the people's hearts. though it would have made him act fast, probably kill the king and marry charlette.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Yeah, right...

Hey baby, now that your dad's dead, let's get hitched!