The Berserker Armor and the Beast

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

hax
imanewbie

The Berserker Armor and the Beast

Post by hax »

rereading the later chapters of the manga, I'm a bit confused about something. While its quite obvious that the armor and the beast are linked, there is something I'm not sure about.

Is the reason the Beast took over the armor because of the wound Slann gave him? Schierke noticed the ethereal wound, but is that what allowed the Beast to enter into the armor? I'm aware the armor is cursed, but it seems Guts has made the usual curse even worse.

What I'm not sure about is if this was due to Slann or would have happened anyways. Alternatively, if the armor did bring out the dark side of people normally, would it only do so once the armor was willingly put on, rather than Guts having to fight off the Beast's urges to kill everything. I'm aware the fact that the armor pierces Guts has nothing to do with the Beast.

Sorry to disappoint the forum noob-bashers
Knowledge is power, power is corruption. I am absolutely corrupt and I corrupt absolutely
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Here we go again.... first post, new thread, first n00b mistake :LOL: the only thing that save you from some more flaming from me is the fact that the Subject is OK. :smile: Do what you will with him OH Mod Hand... :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

The demon/beast is always within Guts, he's fighting with it all the time. It consists of his inner feelings like anger etc.
If you are wearing the berserker armor your brain and senses are "offline" and the emotions take all over and so release the inner demon. We don't know if it always takes the form of the inner demon or it's just because of Guts. Maybe we'll know someday.

*Waits for the flaming*
I'm to nice to start it.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
hax
imanewbie

Post by hax »

Necromancer wrote:The demon/beast is always within Guts, he's fighting with it all the time. It consists of his inner feelings like anger etc.
If you are wearing the berserker armor your brain and senses are "offline" and the emotions take all over and so release the inner demon. We don't know if it always takes the form of the inner demon or it's just because of Guts. Maybe we'll know someday.

*Waits for the flaming*
I'm to nice to start it.
I did a search before I posted, created a topic that wasn't littered with spelling errors or l33t, read the whole new person post stuff & faq, had a legitimate question that could be discussed, and have browsed here for a while (mostly looking for release status, I'll admit). If anyone still feels the need to flame - their choice.

I'm not questioning that the Beast hasn't been in Guts since at least his branding (possibly started with the 100 man slaughter, but unlikely becuase his goal was really to protect Casca there) but whenever the armor/beast takes over, there's usually a scene that shows his chest with his wound and nervous system emphasized. At first I thought this was merely meant to show the strain on his body, but now I'm not sure if it's meant to show the the Beast escaping through the wound and/or taking over. I'm wondering if anyone else had any opinions or insight.

Something I just thought of -we have confirmed the Skill knight wore it, and when Guts first recieved it, it bore a skull-like resembelence. He also said that Guts was following him and the old witch (though she disagreed slightly). Could the Skull Knight have suffered though an inner skull-like beast as well? well, like you said, Maybe we'll know someday. :)
Knowledge is power, power is corruption. I am absolutely corrupt and I corrupt absolutely
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Okay the thing is, some of this has been discussed, though maybe not thoroughly. The adaption of the beast onto the beserker armor is an aspect of the armor. it represents the inner "demons" what-have-you of the person donning it. However i do find some of the things you brought up do have potential for some fresh conversation.

as for him protecting Casca during the hundred man fight, Im pretty sure he wanted to fight that either way, and with out her there he could fight without caution just the way he likes.

hopefully you only get 3rd degree burns from any flaming, and first you shoudla introduced yourself not made a thread :roll:. welcome to Evil Genius.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I dont think youll be flamed at all. Sure bits and pieces have been discussed. But you presented it in great manner. And if im wrong and somene does decide to flame you. Then oh well. Apologize and conitnue posting.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Re: The Berserker Armor and the Beast

Post by Femto »

This thread is retarded.

The first post is very vague and unclear and, aside from the Slan question, I'm not sure what the starter of this thread is trying to accomplish here. He asks questions and states facts in response to those questions so I don't understand what the point of this thread is, you seem to be answering these questions by yourself. Of course, there's also the fact that this has been discussed a million times over. I understand that not everybody might have talked about this topic before, but there's no need to start a thread about it, specially when you are an unknown here and the topic itself is something that can be killed with one reply.

I don't think this is Interstice material though. I vote for a lock.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

aww buz you are so nice :P.

EDIT: and femto you arent :twisted:
Last edited by MrFelony on Wed May 25, 2005 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shade
This is my new home

Post by Shade »

*edits*
Actually.. I guess it wasn't very specific.

I agree with MrFelony.
I was under the impression that the armor reflected the inner demons of the user also..

And yeah, you probably should have introduced yourself first. Welcome all the same. :)
Last edited by Shade on Wed May 25, 2005 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
~http://www.thecenternetwork.com/forum/~
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

change teh name of the thread to "Hi Im Hax, nice to met all of you." heh :P
hax
imanewbie

Post by hax »

aw, but I'd so much rather remain a mystery man :D

Anywho, maybe I'm blind, but I didn't notice any topics devoted to it. I'm asking in part to hypothesize the future, and to make sure I'm understanding the situation right. To rephrase and perhaps simplify a question: to what extent did the wound Slann inflicted influence the current situation with Guts' armor.

For exapmple *throws hypothetical* Lets say Guts' etherreal wound heals. Will the Beast still exhibit the same amount of control and presence in the armor?
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I've created a thread where you can take this discussion to: http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=806

This thread is locked.