Interview: Kentaro Muira, creator of Berserk

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

To2fPic
Mastered PM

Post by To2fPic »

Well since you guys think that having no life = being a loser then i can understand why you guys misunderstand my point of view. But just to clear things up I DON'T think that Miura is a loser ok?
A wise monkey never monkeys around with another monkey's monkey
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

dos.azn wrote:well looks like someone doesnt have a heart here :twisted:
Ya this steel pump in my chest really gives me warm fuzzy feelings...... when I kill stuff.... :roll:
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I finaly read the interview and its made drool when i heard that Miura would like to make a Dracula manga. I mean Dracula manga with the art,style,story and the darkness like in Berserk would be so awesome.

And about the Goezt guy in Germany who sounds like Guts was strange how similer he is to Guts the name the looks and everything.

Come on finish Berserk and write a Dracula manga :D
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Didn't I say japanese artists like germany before, even if the didn't knew about it. :lol:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Libaax wrote:I finaly read the interview and its made drool when i heard that Miura would like to make a Dracula manga. I mean Dracula manga with the art,style,story and the darkness like in Berserk would be so awesome.

And about the Goezt guy in Germany who sounds like Guts was strange how similer he is to Guts the name the looks and everything.

Come on finish Berserk and write a Dracula manga :D
He has already mastered the torture art so he is part way there. :twisted:
To2fPic
Mastered PM

Post by To2fPic »

I'm appalled! Why, I happen to know that German people are efficient, smart, and very polite. How dare you throw that kind of stereotype onto these great people?!

HELL HITLER!!!!
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yep those jews were in strait lines on the way to the shower, but never seemed to leave. Wonder what happned. Oh well. :?
To2fPic
Mastered PM

Post by To2fPic »

Jews are very clean people. It just takes awhile for them to finish their showers. Just wait awhile longer and they'll come out.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Thats good, wonder why the people hated the Nazis they were helping clean out the jews. :P
To2fPic
Mastered PM

Post by To2fPic »

Yea... so much misdirected hate in this world. We live in sad sad times.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

True true. We shoudl all shave our heads adn join the Nazi party. :evil:
To2fPic
Mastered PM

Post by To2fPic »

They'll probably make me take a shower as well since i'm not white
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Well you are from Compton, you should get clean. :smoken:
To2fPic
Mastered PM

Post by To2fPic »

Haha from your location it looks as though you already got cleaned :P
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Nope, I was born here, now my job is sorting through the dead to make sure everyoen ends up at the right place. You, know how it goes, Jews go to heaven, and christians go to hell. Hell even Jesus was sent to hell, he lied to so many people. Shame shame, though he did try and help. 8)
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Tof be careful with Nazi jokes. A lot of people don't take kindly to them, and that doesn't exclude the Germans. Some of us don't like to be called a Nazis, and others don't need tasteless comments made on terrible things that happened.
Brainpiercing
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Never called any Germans Nazis. We just started taling about Nazis. I konw the Germans really take offense to it. It was a sad time in your history, but its not like the US has not done its fair share of dirty deeds. Hell during that time we had concetration camps for Japanese immegrants, though we did not execute them, we did ship them off to camps. Also until pearl harbor was bombed we were neutral, helping supply both sides. But sorry for anyone who was potentially offended. I mean no harm.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Not to be disrespectful, but I do hope that everyone can take a joke. Sorry to sound like grandpa here, but nothing on this BB should be taken seriously. ^_^

Speaking of which, typically a discussion ends when someone mentions Nazis or makes a comparison. So either steer back on topic or clean & lock.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Arresty wrote:Never called any Germans Nazis. We just started taling about Nazis. I konw the Germans really take offense to it. It was a sad time in your history, but its not like the US has not done its fair share of dirty deeds. Hell during that time we had concetration camps for Japanese immegrants, though we did not execute them, we did ship them off to camps. Also until pearl harbor was bombed we were neutral, helping supply both sides. But sorry for anyone who was potentially offended. I mean no harm.
lets not forget about the indigenous holocaust of the american indians, or the people that died due to the slave trade. Hell of a lot more than the nazis killed. With that said

^^ mirua pwns you all. You guys think they'll ever make an oav ob berserk?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah, that is true, the slave trade was really bad, if they ever had to lighten the load on the ship they just threw one slave off and the rest went with him cause they were all chained together. Bad stuff.

Miura does pwn all. He is just a badass. Also a OAV would be cool because then they would not have to lighten up on the violence and stuff. They could be as graphic as they want.
Ramirez
imanewbie

Post by Ramirez »

I came today here because I rumour I heard yesterday. I though I could share it with you guys because I can't sleep properly right now.

Supposedly, there's another interview with Kentaro Miura that was published on NewType Magazine numer 20 (If this interview we have here was not the one I am refering) were he says that Berserk will end with volume 32. Due to some argues with Matsuhiro Abe. The one who (I don't really know about this) bought Berserk's Rights.

On that interview, NewType comments the fact that the biggest Japan studios have hired him (Kentaro Miura, I suppose) to be the Creative Director of the most expensive overproduction up to now. So this may have had some influence with this decision.

I don't know if believe this. I hope it's not true. I prefer Berserk rather than any overproducion.

This is the magazine cover. If someone is able to focus some light to this matter I would be very grateful.

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ah man, I really hope that isn't true. It can't be, Miura still has so much to do with Berserk. Rushing it will ruin it. He's going to have a lot of work to do. *Gulp*
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Well, if it's true it wouldn't be first time that great art is hampered by people who "buy the rights".

It would be a sad fate if he were to suddenly cut it short because of this. Although I can't really blame him for wanting to get a better job. He's been drawing all his adult life basically, some people like a change now and then.
Brainpiercing
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, but hopefully he won't sell out, if he can avoid it. Otherwise, there will be many disappointed people. He may be forced into something though. *crosses fingers*
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

If that is the magazine cover, I found it weird that news this big is not even mentioned on the cover of the magazine, in big bold letters or something. I've looked around, and I don't see any kanji of Berserk or Miura's name anywhere on the magazine cover. Instead they have Tsubara or something by Clamp as the picture, and some texts about FMA movie news and Gundam Seed Destiny shit. Why is news of such importance to the manga community omitted from the cover? That I don't understand. I know Newtype mainly focuses on anime, but Berserk is a classic in Japan, it's strange that they don't make news of it in the cover. I'd buy it immediately if the cover had 'Interview with Miura, Berserk future uncertain' in big shiny texts.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am