Berserk 2 ?

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh, I wouldn't go there. I totally got flamed for this subject way back when I first joined EG. *Shrugs*
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

...for those in the know, you'd probably agree that GACKT would be the best candidate for a Griff' model--aesthetically (stupid shit for trading cards or something...I can't think live movie...I'm allergic to the notion & will puke cones of combusting organs or...something lol)...
"Your father sucks the flaking cocks of lepers in the lowest circle of HELL!!!"

..."Does he swallow?" ~Hellblazer

"Imagination is intelligence with an erection"~Victor Hugo

"Life is a disease...Sexually transmitted & fatal"~Neil Gaiman
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Starlore wrote:...for those in the know, you'd probably agree that GACKT would be the best candidate for a Griff' model--aesthetically (stupid shit for trading cards or something...I can't think live movie...I'm allergic to the notion & will puke cones of combusting organs or...something lol)...
I actually thought Gackt was a girl...and I saw him in a video game that was based on him. Then I went to the net to try to find out if this Gackt guy looks anything like the video game, and to my surprise, he looks exactly like the video game, and has the weirdest fashion sense. Yep, he's the perfect 'candidate' for Griffith, because he has his traits.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

He is extremely feminine. I didn't know who he was so I just looked him up. Damn. He could play a woman better then he could a man. He just has to be able to pull off the white hair.
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

Brad Pitt should play Guts!!!!

*oh nooooo pleaseee nooooo flamessss!!!!!* :D
RUDNICKI'S NOBEL PRINCIPLE
"Only someone who understands something absolutely can explain it so no one else can understand it."
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I think I'm just going to stay out of this.
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

*I think I am going to stop suggesting ridiculous names for the actors of any notion of a live adaptation*
(hmmm... wouldn't it be interesting to see some sort of uncensored live version though? feels like it would be kinda cool, blood hacking and all... like the new ps2 game... -oh well-)
RUDNICKI'S NOBEL PRINCIPLE
"Only someone who understands something absolutely can explain it so no one else can understand it."
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Would be cool, but probably would suck royal ass. I don't think there is a director alive who could make it look good. Nor could they part of the series and compress it to 1.5 hours or 2 hours, and have it look like something more than just a hack and slash flick. It just couldn't get the proper respect in a movie form.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I've seen some terrible live series of manga...H2, Sailor Moon (yes I watched it for the cheesiness...although there was one chick that was worth checking out), Blackcat, etc. The only live series I liked was GTO.

Well, a Berserk live-adaptation would be shit because they probably won't have to budget to supply the special affects, and also because there really isn't a suitable character to play Guts. So budget's a problem, along with casting. A 'real' version of the Dragon Slayer would look shit.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Live action version of GTO was one of the biggest shows in Japan. Apparently its series finally was the most watched show in Japanese TV history. I need to watch it sometime, cause I like GTO.

And back on topic. I would love to see someone wielding the Dragon Slayer, it would be the shit, but I am not sure about the rest of the show. It would be better done as a series than as a movie, just because then you can make the story have more depth, because that would be the biggest thing the movie would lack. Now casting for Guts I could not think of anyone for him. Other characters are much easier to cast for.

As far as budget you could get Sam Raimi to direct it, using his old Evil Dead techniques. Would be gory and cheap, only problem it would look cheap. Now he could do a great berserk parody though. But that is a side not.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Arresty wrote:Live action version of GTO was one of the biggest shows in Japan. Apparently its series finally was the most watched show in Japanese TV history. I need to watch it sometime, cause I like GTO.

And back on topic. I would love to see someone wielding the Dragon Slayer, it would be the shit, but I am not sure about the rest of the show. It would be better done as a series than as a movie, just because then you can make the story have more depth, because that would be the biggest thing the movie would lack. Now casting for Guts I could not think of anyone for him. Other characters are much easier to cast for.

As far as budget you could get Sam Raimi to direct it, using his old Evil Dead techniques. Would be gory and cheap, only problem it would look cheap. Now he could do a great berserk parody though. But that is a side not.
GTO's pretty good. The casting of the characters were pretty good. It was like, the most watched show in Japan's history. And no doubt why, considering Japanese TV's usual drama quality :wink: .

Well, I like Sam Raimi as a director. I'm not too sure about a movie though, I hate movies that squeeze good plots and rewrite material in 2 hours. How can they compress a plot like Berserk which has layers of complexity within movie time? They'll probably have to make it an open ending, which I hate :evil: . And if they make a parody of it, why don't they just make omakes instead :wink: ?

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Eldo wrote:Well, I like Sam Raimi as a director. I'm not too sure about a movie though, I hate movies that squeeze good plots and rewrite material in 2 hours. How can they compress a plot like Berserk which has layers of complexity within movie time? They'll probably have to make it an open ending, which I hate Evil or Very Mad . And if they make a parody of it, why don't they just make omakes instead Wink ?
Good point.

Yeah I agree with you. A movie would suck. That is why I think they would have to do a miniseries or a series with it, but either way I think anything live action would suck. The only reason I would like to see it is so I could see someone wielding the Dragon Slayer, which is also why I was thinking Sam Raimi cause thinking his old school style would be perfect for just that. But otherwise he nor anyone else could make a quality Berserk movie. Its exactly what you say, the plot is too deep to compress into 2 hours.
andyfr
imanewbie

Post by andyfr »

I thought about a movie that can be done...
I think a serie would cost too much money... I dont know.. I think something can be done... But it has to be a big production... and there is only hollywood who can afford money... LOTR movies are great... Berserk movie has to be as great in all that implies visual effects... pictures... etc..
BDD
imanewbie

Post by BDD »

A good idea would be to make a trilogy out of it. I could write the script and compress it into three 2 to 2 1/2 hour movies. It would kick ass. Budget wouldn't really be a problem in Hollywood. The hardest part would be to cast Guts though, I can't really think of someone. Brad Pitt is a good actor but he's just not big enough. A perfect cast for Casca would be Halle Barry though, I couldn't see anyone else playing that part.
Quotes that are fun,
"Pray for a quick death, my sword is growing dull," Guts - Berserk

"Just call her Smithajones again or something, it don't matter.... none of this matters" Carl- Aqua Teen
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, a movie is totally possible. With enough money, and the right special effects team, it could be done nearly perfectly. However, the chances of that actually happening are astronomical. I mean we have the technological means in which to pull it off, easily, but more than likely they would screw it up. The acting would probably suck, the plot would blow, and the special effects would be lame. It’s like a curse on the genre. *Shrugs* As for casting Gatts, it’d be best to find some unknown talent who suits the part. I like the idea of that Gackt guy for Griffith though. Never heard of him until he was mentioned here, but he looks pretty close. However, does he speak English, and is that a factor here?
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Should be done in Japan. They work better over there for these types of movies. And Gackt guy does look the part, and I didn't here of him til he was mentioned here. Also for Guts I agree you need some unknown to play the role. But in my opinion anyone is better then Brad Pitt. Halle Berry as Casca is just hot.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, but if it's a live action movie done in Japan, I can't guarantee they'll have the special effects team necessary to pull it off. I haven't seen a lot of J-movies though, but the ones I have seen looked sub-par in comparison to our special effects quality. *Shrugs* The action scenes would be better though. :P
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well, the CGI stuff would be awesome. And there'll be a better, haunting atmosphere if it's a J-movie. Not sure about Brad Pitt though :? Halle Berry sounds about right for Casca. The kid in Sixth Sense could play Rickert though. :P

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, but if it's a live action movie done in Japan, I can't guarantee they'll have the special effects team necessary to pull it off. I haven't seen a lot of J-movies though, but the ones I have seen looked sub-par in comparison to our special effects quality. *Shrugs* The action scenes would be better though. :P
Yeah but the action is much more important then special effects. Properly choreographed fight scenes can take a movie a long way. Good special effects, many times leave stuff to be desired. Plus bigger budget Japan has CGI that is just amazing. Plus Hollywood ruins things. They would ruin the feel of the movie.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

The idea of a live-action Berserk movie makes me want to cry...

And not for good reasons...
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Halle Berry is fricking 38 and looks it, Casca starts out around 15? How the fuck does that fit? Admittedly I can't think of anyone else who could fit, but I'm sure there ARE more fitting actresses you COULD cast as Casca.

And yeah, if hollywood makes a berserk movie it will blow, and if Japan makes it it might not blow script-wise, but probably execution-wise.

However, a well done anime movie would be nice, with a little more production value in it than an average series.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Umm I think the best person to play Gutts would be the guy who played Colossus in Xmen2. Or Ivan Drago from Rocky IV
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Azrael
notanewb

Post by Azrael »

I don't really remember what Colusses looked like, probly cause he was shown for like 6 seconds.
"For you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly."
- From Alan Moore's The Watchmen
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Picture Gutts without scars, with both eyes, and a little tiny bit less buff and you got him.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Concealed_Rage
imanewbie

Post by Concealed_Rage »

Buzkashi wrote:Umm I think the best person to play Gutts would be the guy who played Colossus in Xmen2. Or Ivan Drago from Rocky IV

ah damn dont say that "Ivan Drago from Rocky IV" daulf lungrin "cant spell it" he made enough bad movies already. with him in it the best score you could get would be 2 out of 5 stars rating
"He appeared right in front of me, and he wasn't a demon... but what looked like a human. As if he'd been yanked from before into the present unchanged. I gazed at him and for a second... I forgot to kill him."
- Guts from Berserk