Berserk 2 ?

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Post by InsaneNoodlyGuy »

raziel wrote:Heh, im at around ep 35 (of one piece) or so and im noticing that a lot of people are letting loose with the water works. I really don't know if this is intended to be humorous, but damn is it funny when they cry. I guess they should ease down with the crying. Then again, they're kids (most of them at least).
Oh you poor doomed child.
Meow! Meow! Meow! Cat chow!! Cease your flatulent winds and hear my mind numbing expulsions of wicked noise!! Grrr!! Cheese!!!
Ishi-dono
Mastered PM

Post by Ishi-dono »

One Piece? How does that relate to a thread about a 2nd season of Berserk... Oh, nevermind. :?
Choose your own destiny, no matter the cost.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Ishi-dono wrote:One Piece? How does that relate to a thread about a 2nd season of Berserk... Oh, nevermind. :?
it doesn't

another thread has quickly gone off-topic again, EG tradition :lol:
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

Berserk 2? Doesn't have to be a sequel to the other one (since it left out too many things). An OVA would be good though... but would seem to be really too short considering where the manga is.

Oh, somone also asked about boxset of Berserk. Check out DVD Planet (thats where I got mine) - their US Licensed version was selling for like $65. As for manga - try Buy.com they sell it for around $8 i think. If you guys know of cheaper plz tell me (for the manga and PS2 game that is)!
RUDNICKI'S NOBEL PRINCIPLE
"Only someone who understands something absolutely can explain it so no one else can understand it."
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

There are two sets; one comes in a fat dvd case, the other comes in the cool Box of War and an individual case for each dvd.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

Wow, guess they raised the price... and something else I just noticed that might have been covered already - the fat one is labeled as "Season 1"... is Media Blaster impying a season 2, or is it just one big typo?
twister_x
imanewbie

Post by twister_x »

Hey there,

I want to ask those who read the manga from the beginning

Did the anime released after the manga reached volume 14 I mean after the eclipse

So that the anime doesn't give us any thing new but only voices for the characters

And some other changes in the story line but it wasn't so different from the manga

So if the second series of the anime will be the same like to stop at volume 27 for

Example so I don’t think that I will watch it ….. or you guys got another opinion ?
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

twister_x: http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=121

Hope that helps, if not, start another thread.
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

I've been teetering back & forth on the brink of this, 'would I want a second season of Berserk', notion, for sometime. IF they made it an OAV series, which would give it the raw, uncut-ness, it deserves as well as ample time in which to develop the story further, perhaps. But ONLY if the original production company, VA's etc, were utilized...Otherwise HELL no.

As for the US release of the DVD set...ugh, learn from my experience...UGH

Since I was lacking in the money department & unable to buy toys & goodies such as the Box of War, my friend bought me the "Complete" collection, which, is as mentioned previously, the "skinny", packaging...or, one case, containing 6 discs.

Now, you can imagine my damn near joygasm for getting it...yes? (of course, I wanted the Box of War, more than anything, because...well, its much nicer, but I wasn't gonna be picky about it! It's BERSERK for fucks sake!! lol). Yeah, well, imagine my utter dismay, when I started watching w/my bf....we were both overly excited & decided to watch the dub...now before you all fly off the handle about the English version, relax, we planned on watching BOTH, just cause we're obsessive like that. English first was a random roll, lol.

Anyway, I've seen the original, English version & this was FAR from it...The VA's remained the same in some cases, but Anime Works got a hold of the series & botched the fuck out of it...I'd guess they rerecorded certain portions. For example, not only was translated content different/cheesier in some cases, which REALLY fuckin irked me...like, Pippin talking...ALOT...far too much, in fact....as well as the dialogue being shittier...but some voices were changed. Like, as far as I can recall, Gaston did NOT have GOKU's fucking voice in the original English go round. AGH...I was so upset...even some of the outtakes were changed.

All in all, I'll still be dropping the money on the Box of War. This one will be purely collector's item, for simply having, both releases...ugh...don't go for the cheaper, single case/slim packaged, Complete Collection. All its good for is a nice, shelf piece or dust collector
"Your father sucks the flaking cocks of lepers in the lowest circle of HELL!!!"

..."Does he swallow?" ~Hellblazer

"Imagination is intelligence with an erection"~Victor Hugo

"Life is a disease...Sexually transmitted & fatal"~Neil Gaiman
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

Well for the second season (i think this has been mentioned.... but oh well :/ ), it should only be do-able if they re-did it all over instead of continue off of the original because the original left so much out. For example, Puck was left out - I guess they could create a whole new story juz so that Puck still meets up with Guts but then...
"Only someone who understands something absolutely can explain it so no one else can understand it."
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

They coudl have Guts meat puck precount instead of presnake guy(who I think was the count in the Anime)

But to me one of the key elements missing is SK. He needs to meet Guts before the eclipse for him saving Guts to make sense. But iif you think about it you could just start it precplipse somewhat and jsut kinda excellerate through it all.

But I think if they did do a 2 it would be best in OVA format. Can be much more Graphic and show stuff it otherwise couldn't show. But also then ti could jsut do a smaller portion. Only do maybe 13 eps or something and maybe have it start with elf girl and go on to when he saves Casca. That is one of hte better stop points I think. But who knows.
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

that too, but both are important - i mean, how the hell is Guts suppose to heal from all those injuries without Puck???? (dont answer that question -_-)
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

I say, rerelease the original, w/ammendments. Wouldn't take much to toss in SK & Puck. It'd simply be edited to contain a tad more footage. Hell, overall, it'd be pretty cheap to do, considering that they wouldn't need to add much to the original 25 eps. It'd be the second season that would contain more of them. First season, would be very introductory for them, so it wouldn't be a big deal overall. It'd at least be a good way to milk more money outta us geek ass fans, cause you know, we'd all have to rush out & buy this new & improved upon (while they're at it, they may as well make it a Creator's UNcut version lol!)box set

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Damn Berserk Junkies. Oh wait I am one. Damn. But I am broke so I would probably by the cheopo slim box that you were complaining about before. That or rent and rip, which is probably more likely.
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

UNCUT... ohhh more complete with all the pre-eclipse apostles... *wow*
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

If it airs on TV again there will be no Wyld period. You can't censor him enough to get him on TV in any country. But OVA's they may do it, but I doubt it since he has no real imporance in the story. Other than being involved in one of Guts best fights.
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

Arresty wrote:Damn Berserk Junkies. Oh wait I am one. Damn. But I am broke so I would probably by the cheopo slim box that you were complaining about before. That or rent and rip, which is probably more likely.
Ahh a junkie of my own standing...yay! :D

NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

Arresty wrote:If it airs on TV again there will be no Wyld period. You can't censor him enough to get him on TV in any country. But OVA's they may do it, but I doubt it since he has no real imporance in the story. Other than being involved in one of Guts best fights.

Hmmm, it did give more insight to the mission of the Apostles, as well as setting up Zodd as an indiscrimante figure, capable of cutting down those on his side too.

Also, the manga defined the actions of all the characters (aka better character development - even for minor characters that get wiped out) a bit more too - like the king of midland. U dont get to see y Charlotte is still unmarried and y the king is so pissed off in the anime as u do in the manga.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

But still couln't air Wyld or the Princess nearly being rapped by her dad on TV. I mean Berserk is graphic enough as is. Though they are not as strict on censorship there are they are here, it stil aired late at night and removed many things that are grphic, like the donavon thing. Which is also important in explaining why Guts hated being touched at the beginning. Also adds more to the scene where he killed Gambino.
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

yep - oav is the only way to go. Censoring Berserk is juz bad... actually worse than bad - its a crime >_<
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

Aye, this is why OAV would be the only way to go. Otherwise, I couldn't at all go for it. Censored any moreso than the anime was, is deadly to the story...period. It would have to be straight to DVD OAV (well, could pass for theatrical release if rated I guess).

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Theatrical release woudl probably suck. Too mcuh story to cram into short time. They obviously have to take jsut a small part of the story adn convert it to movie, but I could not think of a short enough part of the story that woudl be worth going to theatre.
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

Arresty wrote:Theatrical release woudl probably suck. Too mcuh story to cram into short time. They obviously have to take jsut a small part of the story adn convert it to movie, but I could not think of a short enough part of the story that woudl be worth going to theatre.
Ewww! I didn't mean that as a singular, release...sorry! More along the lines of a series of OAV's. No WAY in HELL it'd ever fly as a single. That'd suck a big hairy, Wylde like one...*heaves*

NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

Actually - on the note of milking us for money - how popular is Berserk right now??? Is it just a niche, or is it reallly big. Casue if it is just a niche - then any sort of project to animate Berserk in any way (or make it live with Halle Berry playing Casca) is just simply not going to happen. (its all about $$$$ T-T)
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Halle Berry = Casca = Hot :D

I like that casting. But who would play Guts. Please noone say the Rock, but who could play him. Now Griffith you could maybe use Orlando bloom since he looks like a woman, or some other feminite yet attractive male.