Basilisk

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

panasonic
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by panasonic »

well... thats the thing w/ subbers. they tend to do super popular mainstream stuff even though the anime fans that have been around dont watch most of that... stuff..... *cough* naruto *cough*
"Education is the foundation upon which you build your entire lust for cash"-Onizuka

http://www.striporama.com/edits/main.html
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Exactly!!

I mean 90% of the animes that are subbed by more than one group is shonen like Naruto.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Groups rise to fame more quickly if they do mainstream and popular anime. It's all about the massive demand. I thought that Basilisk was a pretty popular anime, I didn't think there would be any subbing problems.

One Piece has a few but not many sub groups for it. It's still a popular anime too.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
panasonic

Post by panasonic »

hmmm... maybe the language in basilisk is a bit too hard for the average translator?
"Education is the foundation upon which you build your entire lust for cash"-Onizuka

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Eldo: Thats because OP is pretty old and nobody wants to start it from the start or compete with HK subs.

Spoiler!!

If you havent seen the first 10 eps

I hope Koshiro who is my only fav who is alive stays alive longer than my other fav Yashamaru.
I have only seen up to ep 12 so far so dont tell me when Koshiro dies ;)

Spoiler end
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Umm, the small reason that there are so few groups is simple: Basiliks is licensed by funimation I think. Now it's only obscure little groups still doing it.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Hehe Naruto,Gundam Seed Destiny has been licensed a while there is atleast 7,8 groups still doing those animes.

The reason Basilisk dont have several sub groups is simply that it isnt as maintream as Naruto,GSD etc even Basilisk is very popular.
panasonic

Post by panasonic »

ya, what we think is mainstream runs at like midnight+

durin normal primitime stuff like naruto, gsd etc run

Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Finally episode 18 has come out.
But after seeing this part it cant be many at all left

Tenzen is so not dead yet, but then again I first thought he would be dead after cutting off his own head.
But it just seems it was such an easy way to die to be him.

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Am I going senile or where the heck did Saemon go in episode 18?
did I miss his death in episode 17 ?
I liked Hyoma though

panasonic

Post by panasonic »

it s obvious he is dead, and did anyone else see tenzen in the preview for ep 19? i think he is plotting w/ that chick that kills dudes by sleeping w/ them cos they were together talking or sumthin, and the most important part, not killing each other. and the name of the ep kinda reveals it too

Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Crap i have to re watch episode 17 then cause I missed his death.
Maybe shes plotting against Tenzen to get close to Oboro so she can kill her and finally have Gennouske to herself

panasonic

Post by panasonic »

by its obvious hes dead i mean that he will is/dead. its just how the story goes, cos its a deathmatch style thing. theres usually only 2-3 ppl left by the very end. so its safe to assume he'll die since hes not really a main character

Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Haha, of course I know that hes gonna die. But I havent seen it.
He just vanished into thin air.
I wanna see him die thats the thing

isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

THIS SERIE ROX! ;)

btw im pretty sure he didn't cut his own head off. He was about to but didn't do it properly I believe.

I really like Hyoma too bad he will be gone now I bet :xxx
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yeah Hyoma is toast, I liked him too.
I still hope that next episode wont be the last. Way to soon for a series this good to end. But there arent anymore people left on the fighting sides Sad, But true :(

isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Hehe well I bet there will be atleast 25 episodes of this serie. Would be odd to end it this soon.

Still we haven't found out what the true intentions are really :o).
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Man Hyoma is one of the few that i really like in Koga he is great.

This anime is so rare cause there are many great characters and the sick thing is that they die all the time :P

Loevis don't worry this anime will be alteast 24 eps according to animesuki and the fact that the anime is 5 vols and you cant put in 5 vol in less than 24 eps.

I really liked ep 18 cause Hyoma's flashback. My fav Koshiro isn't useless at all despite not seeing his opponent.

One thing i know for sure is Tenzen isn't dead until we see his body rot or get buried that guy has died too many times and came back to not think he will get up again.
Last edited by Libaax on Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Hope animesuki is right about this.
Cause in the preview to next episode the name off next episode is called
"The final ending".
Furthermore they also show one off my hate objects still alive (You can guess this one).
I knew Hyomas power was kickass. But I was guessing that he was "lending" powers from everyone else at will. Boy was I wrong.

isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Tenzen only got one life left. If you noticed he had four earrings and after each time he died he lost one. So this should be his final death hopefully :).

What I don't get is what the two spoiled fat children and their overweight mum's has to do anything with it. I guess we'll learn soon.

EDIT: Earpearls or whatever ;).
Last edited by isse-pisse-päron-pung on Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Dang, havent noticed those earrings at all actually.

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

One of the fat kids will become the next shogun it depends on which ninja clans wins. The women dont know about that so they try to kill thier kids to become the mother of the next shogun.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yupp that about sums it up.
Would be kinda ironic tough if the one thats supposed to be the next shogun (through having the last man standing of course) gets assassinated, then the whole things been fot nothing :mrgreen:

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Finally had the chance to catch up

Also sad to see Hyoma die, but well, that's what this show is about. I was a bit surprised that he could not beat Koshiro even though he has been blinded all his life, and Koshiro was basically uselessly staggering around. Also, I don't get that he just didn't keep his eyes open in that fight, he can't kill a blind person, but at least he could see. Since there's noone else around there would be no danger of killing someone by accident.

Well, I hope this show will end up with a few more eps, and I believe we have been seeing some buildup for that with the shogun children.

Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Hyoma had to open his eyes to kill Koshiro cause if he tried to kill without using his power Koshiro would hear him coming. He only panicked when he couldnt hear him anymore cause Hyoma stood still.

Also i dont think Hyoma knew that his power wouldnt work cause he wasnt in IGA and saw koshiro get blinded for life. He was suprised that Koshiro coulndt open his eyes again.

Anyway ep 19 is out. Yay for Nonamewinners speed.