How much Diffrent do you think?

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Damien
Dirty Sennin

How much Diffrent do you think?

Post by Damien »

The Eclipse would have turned out if Guts had the Berserker Armor and the Dragon Slayer?

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

not any different. gutts prolly couldve used the dragonslayer, but not the armor. he didnt really have that berserker rage in him yet, only after the incidents of the eclipse and hence, we only see the armor in use when gutts rage overpowers him
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Guts would have killed everything except the Godhand and then get killed by them. 'Cause even Skullknight wouldn't been able to save him in his anger state.
dos.azn wrote:not any different. gutts prolly couldve used the dragonslayer, but not the armor. he didnt really have that berserker rage in him yet, only after the incidents of the eclipse and hence, we only see the armor in use when gutts rage overpowers him
I think he is in some kind of berserker rage when he tries to get to Femto in the Eclipse and kills everything with that horn of a monster and without his second hand.
Last edited by Necromancer on Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

dos.azn wrote:not any different. gutts prolly couldve used the dragonslayer, but not the armor. he didnt really have that berserker rage in him yet, only after the incidents of the eclipse and hence, we only see the armor in use when gutts rage overpowers him
Im pretty sure he had that berserker rage. I mean look at him when he was escaping the tower... Judeau even brought up the story of the berserkers then.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

OK, well the Dragon Slayer I think wouldn't make a difference, because Gutts had it when he attacked Femto after the God Hand was summoned by The Count. Didn't do him a lick of difference. The only thing that might have chaged because of the Dragon Slayer would have been that Gutts would have killed more Apostles. Now the Berserker Armor I don't know for sure. Let's assume that the Berserker Armor has the potential to make Gutts about as powerful as Skull Knight. When SK attacked Void, he didn't do a thing, so I think it's safe to assume that fighting the God Hand-wise (at that point in time at least), the Berserk Armor would not have made a lot of difference. Basically with both these items, Gutts would have just killed more Apostles. In the Berserker rage, I doubt he would care to try and save any Hawks, even Casca.
ImageImage
zodd4271
imanewbie

Post by zodd4271 »

Considering that Gutts barely kept his sanity because of his experience during the Eclipse, I think that he would have been completely lost to the Beserker rage if he was wearing the Beserker armor (and would no longer be Gutts but consumed by the beast within). :(
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

well atleast tempest thinks as smart as me :twisted:
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

It would be interesting to see Gatts in action with both hands using the dragonslayer.

That said, if he could have taken down more apostles he could have been able to get to Casca before Griffith came down. At this point, Gatts has seen enough to be a little bit peeved.

If he was lucky, he'd be able to stall long enough for SK to get through. Unlucky, well... you know where that goes. :cry: Also, this all on if he just had the dragonslayer. Berserker armor doesn't take him anywhere friendly.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

if any of you recall, the count was there in the eclipse too. remember gutts grueling battle with the count? ya, the dragonslayer wouldve have done squat
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

I think that he might have prevented losing his arm and his eye, but on the other hand Guts wouldn't be half as cool as he is now without a handcannon :-)
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I don't know if the Count was in the Eclipse can't remember if I saw his shape before. But like Roshinu he was one of the Apostley who prepared it.
isse-pisse-päron-pung wrote:I think that he might have prevented losing his arm and his eye, but on the other hand Guts wouldn't be half as cool as he is now without a handcannon :-)
Yeah without the cannon he probably would have lost some fights.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Lel
notanewb

Post by Lel »

Best case scenario he saves Casca and MAYBE a few Hawks (if somehow he gets out of Berserker mode when SK rescures him).
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Well Guts doesnt even use the hand cannon or arrow thingie with the Berserker armor.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

What if a frog had wings? Would it still bump its ass when it leaps? Who cares? I swear, another fucking useless speculation thread. No one can truthfully know what exactly would have happened, had the circumstances been changed. Haven’t you guys ever heard of the theory of random chaos? There are millions of different possibilities, so why bother with this bullshit?
No, there definitely would’ve been a difference, no matter how small. If you alter the situation at all, you’re almost guaranteed at least a slightly different turn of events. Also, there is nothing that signifies that one must have rage to use the Berserker Armor. The only thing Gatts has to do to activate the armor is put the helmet on, while wearing the entire suit, of course. ;)
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Starnum wrote:What if a frog had wings? Would it still bump its ass when it leaps? Who cares? I swear, another fucking useless speculation thread. No one can truthfully know what exactly would have happened, had the circumstances been changed. Haven’t you guys ever heard of the theory of random chaos? There are millions of different possibilities, so why bother with this bullshit?
I was going to say that when I first started reading it, I actually thought it was a n00b thread.

Also on topic:
It doesn't matter whether it needs rage to activate or not, he was in a rage when he was there. You remember how nuts he went with just a knife til he hacked off some apostles horn so he could use it as a weapon. I would say he was pretty pissed from the moement Griffith sacraficed him.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

hmm damien did you read up on jurassic park before making this thread

only askin cuz it resembles so much of ian malcolm's interpretation of the chaos theory :lol:
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

If you don't find the thread useful, why post in it? starnum, arresty? etc :]
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

isse-pisse-päron-pung wrote:If you don't find the thread useful, why post in it? starnum, arresty? etc :]
To say how useless it is maybe? At least that's what I'm doing here.
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Ah well... 'Normal people' wouldn't bother to be honest if they didn't find it interesting. It's childlish behavior to go whining about everything that doesn't suit them.

I mean if you find it useless, I for one wouldn't even care to post in that thread.

No offence =0

Oh were getting out of topic. This thread will die out soon anywayish no need to waste energy.
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Dude, the whole internet is about whining, bitching and complaining. I actually avoided this thread until you asked why somebody would post here. I was just answering your question, so don't try to imply that I'm not normal or childish please.

And I'm here for the +1's too. Image
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

:P No worries mate.

Didn't mean to offend if you felt it was directed towards you because that was not my point!
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

No prob. I did kinda miss the "No offence" in your post.

Well, what do you know? More +1's! Image
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

It's almost like chatting on irc!

Isn't it kinda late now in the u.s? :F over here it's 10.00 in the morning
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Yeah, it's like 4 AM here, but I've been working on my finals, so I have my excuse. :P
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

It's 6 pm here, and I just got back from Uni...

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am