About Griffith...

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Lel
notanewb

Post by Lel »

Ah, I don't know.

When I looked at the folder form Mangaviewer it just had a cover picture and that was it, never thought there'd be three of the most influential chapters hidden inside of it.

Man... now I must say, I really understand Griffith, Judea, and Corkus a lot more...

I mean, heck, even Corkus comes off as more human and though he may be a jerk, his end was unfitting. Call it pity or sympathy, I don't know, but I see him in a different light now.

And Griffith... now I seem to understand. I understand his reasoning for the Eclipse, the sacrifice, what he wants.

He doesn't care about his friends, it never mattered to him whether they lived or died and he made sure they knew that from the start. Guts was the only one of them who had a dream. And because of that, Guts broke Griffith. For the first time Griffith tasted bitter defeat, and it crushed him.

Damn, that really stirred up some emotions.

No doubt, Muira is GOD.

At first I was utterly confused, because it broke off at chapter 6. Now, I really understand Guts motivation and how truly deep he was developed.

It feels good to finally sit down and be able to read more than one new chapter at a time, it's like reading Berserk all voer again.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I really feel sorry for the hawks cause they died thinking that he cared about them.....
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Lel
notanewb

Post by Lel »

Yes... now... man, Berserk is such an emotional series.

Though one thing is I would have actually liked to have seen the Hawks die (Corkus, Pippin) instead of just showing what's going to happen. That would pull a few more emotional strings...

I don't know why people hate Griffith so much. As a character he's wonderful and makes an excellent antagonist. He's not admirable for his morals, but his ambition and his determination is godly.

As a person I hate him.

As a fictional character I love him.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Lel wrote: As a person I hate him.

As a fictional character I love him.

That's why everyone hates him cause he is a horrible person.

A fic character i love him too cause he is the perfect antagonist.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Joeki
notanewb

Post by Joeki »

Yeah thats true. He also makes a magnificent evolution to become the antagonist. For some this evolution is true, for others it's just on the surface and he was already evil from the start.

Nevertheless he's one of the best developed fictional characters around I think.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Shade wrote:I just can't understand how Griffith got his super perm when he got his new body. I'm sure his hair wasn't THAT curly. More like really wavy and now he's curly freaking Sue. Not that there is anything wrong with curly hair... He just looks more like a butt pirate now.
i think he is supposed to look like luis the XIV, the hairstyle atleast. though the dove god instead of the sun god (atleast i believe luis called himself the sun god). and Griffith did care about the men at one point. but he gave that up to become a God hand (from what i remember while half watching the anime last night ;)).
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

MrFelony wrote:
Shade wrote:I just can't understand how Griffith got his super perm when he got his new body. I'm sure his hair wasn't THAT curly. More like really wavy and now he's curly freaking Sue. Not that there is anything wrong with curly hair... He just looks more like a butt pirate now.
i think he is supposed to look like luis the XIV, the hairstyle atleast. though the dove god instead of the sun god (atleast i believe luis called himself the sun god). and Griffith did care about the men at one point. but he gave that up to become a God hand (from what i remember while half watching the anime last night ;)).
Yep, that's Louis!

but why dove god?
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

well his bird form is more dove than hawk. he is more dovish thant hawkish when dealing with people it seems, kind and what not. but he is a true hawk on the inside/in battle. and heis all white.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

This is kinda good...

If you think about it:
a dove is the symbol of peace, and that is what the people expect from G.: bring hell on the battlefield, and make peace...
but he really is a hawk, and he's a natural born killer who won't stop as long as he lives.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

so when did you meet griffith as a baby :P. im a believer in social developement. though there are the instances where chemical imbalances and mental instabilities are to blame for homicidal shit.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

MrFelony wrote:so when did you meet griffith as a baby :P. im a believer in social developement. though there are the instances where chemical imbalances and mental instabilities are to blame for homicidal shit.
It is true.
So you think that G. will be a good king after all?
(here we go again :roll: )
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

at first.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Then he will get boring and will demand that all the young boys of midland becomes his lovers so he can some gay action :P

After that people will cry after help from Guts ;)
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

He will never become a King! Guts will. (perhaps this belongs in the stupid theory thread? :))
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Oh c'mon D.D...

Have you seen Chronicles of Riddick? The look on his face at the ending... :wtf:

Guts probably wouldn't want to be king. And even G. has a hard time obtaining a kingdom although he wants it so bad.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Guts could get a kingdom he has the skills to become a conqueror but the last thing he wants right now is to become a king.

Skullkracker that Riddick movie ending was one of the lamest i have seen....
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I never said it was good, but I can imagine Guts in the very same situation...
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Guts doesn't give a shit for ranks. If he would become king he would still continue everything his does now. Btw. Serpico would be a good advisor.

*edit: fixed the doesn't ;)*
Last edited by Necromancer on Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

actually he will order all citizens of midland will have ot change their underwear every half hour and to make sure that this is complied to, every citizen must also wear their underwear on the outside of their clothes and all children under the age of 16..are now 16 yrs old. or something like thing
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

I seriously doubt that Guts would want to become a king. He has zero interest in politics... He wouldn't be able to put up with aristocrats for a single day
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah there isnt even a chance that it might happen. I mean what would he do as a king,it not his thing at all.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

actually guts doesnt give a shit for ranks. confused me at first. he would probably just let someone else take over the country.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The only thing i can see him doing is leading his armies to victory and letting someone else rule the country for him.

But Guts dont have reason to fight anymore when he get rid of the god hand and thier demons.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Guts is never gonna be shit because Griffith is going to kick his ass.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

DarkenRahlX wrote:Guts is never gonna be shit because Griffith is going to kick his ass.
Oh ye of little faith...
ImageImage