About Griffith...

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Wyrm wrote:Geez man, that single post is all I have to go by for now. Later who knows.
That's what I'm saying, basing your great theory of how Starnum behaves in these forums on a single post is ridiculous. Starnum is one of the good members around here and somebody you can have a good, serious discussion of any kind with. You are assuming that he is some kind of flaming whore, when that is so far from the truth it's not funny. He seemed to be angry at the content of your post and the ideas whithin it, and yes, he does get offended when people talk out of their asses, but never without good reasons. I personally didn't read that post (too much, better things to do), but if Starnum says that your post is bullshit, then I'm tempted to say it is.

Your "pidgeonholing" thing is not working here.

And stop acting like a respectable good guy that stops himself from flaming others, it's laughable.

EDIT: Deleting your posts is not going to change a thing dumbass, it's the stupid way of fixing things.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

oh well, my plea for peace was a tad too late heh. though i do agree with femto. deleting the posts was a little immature.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I kind of half wonder what those posts were.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

nothing much.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Wyrm wrote:
ImageImage
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Damn.... now i wana see what the posts said.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

There are so many quotes and the omake, maybe you can read it there.
And I agree that the post deleting is immature.
But I weren't offended by the long posts, I just didn't read them and that's why I won't judge it.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Sykes
imanewbie

Post by Sykes »

Haha...Maybe it was just too much for him to handle. I am kinda sad that he gave up so easily *tear*....OK, I think I'm over it now. So about Griffith, let's hear about everyones favorite Griffith scene. Mine is when Gatts first leaves the Hawks and Griffith tries to stop him. The look on his face is priceless.

"The darkness in my soul is the only thing yet to be consumed by the fire."
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Mine is when Guts and Judeu wan't to take off his helmet in the torture chamber, but decide not to...
:twisted:
am I a bastard or what?

No, really, I like the part when Yurius hits him on the face, and he apologises...cool as a cucumber..
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Yeah, I want to see what the hell they did to Griffith's face.
ImageImage
Lel
notanewb

Post by Lel »

Sykes wrote:Haha...Maybe it was just too much for him to handle. I am kinda sad that he gave up so easily *tear*....OK, I think I'm over it now. So about Griffith, let's hear about everyones favorite Griffith scene. Mine is when Gatts first leaves the Hawks and Griffith tries to stop him. The look on his face is priceless.
Sorry but could you tell me when this was? I'm starting to think I'm missing a few chapters...
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Come on now. After the war is over to (i guess) find meaning in his life. However griffith wont let him leave. So they fight and gutts woops on him.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

My fav Griffith scene is when Griffith is being tortured in jail :twisted:
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Tempest wrote:Yeah, I want to see what the hell they did to Griffith's face.
I thought about that too. I figured that it was probably not about his face, but that the helmet was nailed to his head or sth cruel like that...maybe they can only take it off with his face... :?
If it wasn't sth like this, they could have just taken it off and covered him with a cloak...the thing could get rusty ya know...
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

My favorite scene with Griffith is when his feminine ass gets punched in the face by Guts at the beginning of the manga.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Lel wrote:
Sykes wrote:Haha...Maybe it was just too much for him to handle. I am kinda sad that he gave up so easily *tear*....OK, I think I'm over it now. So about Griffith, let's hear about everyones favorite Griffith scene. Mine is when Gatts first leaves the Hawks and Griffith tries to stop him. The look on his face is priceless.
Sorry but could you tell me when this was? I'm starting to think I'm missing a few chapters...
This occurs in volume 11 i think, but Berserk is allready at volume 30
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Skullkracker wrote:
Tempest wrote:Yeah, I want to see what the hell they did to Griffith's face.
I thought about that too. I figured that it was probably not about his face, but that the helmet was nailed to his head or sth cruel like that...maybe they can only take it off with his face... :?
If it wasn't sth like this, they could have just taken it off and covered him with a cloak...the thing could get rusty ya know...
I think they skinned his face or something. And if they took most of his muscles maybe some in the face, too.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Now that you mention it...
but nothing looks out of order, only he is not so pale anymore...
Shade
This is my new home

Post by Shade »

I just can't understand how Griffith got his super perm when he got his new body. I'm sure his hair wasn't THAT curly. More like really wavy and now he's curly freaking Sue. Not that there is anything wrong with curly hair... He just looks more like a butt pirate now.
~http://www.thecenternetwork.com/forum/~
Lel
notanewb

Post by Lel »

Buzkashi wrote:Come on now. After the war is over to (i guess) find meaning in his life. However griffith wont let him leave. So they fight and gutts woops on him.
Sorry but I don't recall that at all and I just reread that section.

Griffith kills Queen, Guts kills nameless henchmen, both have a good laugh about Caska in a dress. Next chapter, he's all alone.

I don't know, but I can't seem to find *any* actual scene about him leaving.

EDIT: The only thing I can find is when the chapter where Griffith is boning Charlotte, Gutts has two frames inbetween the boobage that says, "Do you really believe in that" and "Bye then..."

Maybe I'm not missing chapters, but it seemed odd because it left off with Guts laughing and slapping Griffith on the back, next chapter he has his first encounter with Skull Knight.

I see no goodbye, no Griffith holding Gutts back, no fight, nothing.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Sounds like you are missing some chapters mate.
Lel
notanewb

Post by Lel »

How many chapters does volume 8 have?

The version I have has 6 chapters... unless I'm missing a chapter from volume 9.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Go and redownload vol 8 and vol 9 cause you are missing one of the most important scenes in this manga aka when and how Guts leaves the hawks.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Lel
notanewb

Post by Lel »

Well...

...where?

I got Vols. 4-26 from The Hawks (though volume 8 was done by MS) in a huge batch torrent and don't know where to look for invidual torrents.

I always thought there was something odd about the transition...

...but I also happened to skip the entirety of volume 15 once by accident.

EDIT: Found 'em, they were hidden tucked away inside another chapter. Damn tricky scanslators.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Heh if they did it on purpose they deserve to be shot.