About Griffith...

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Lel
notanewb

About Griffith...

Post by Lel »

...something that's sort of bugged me.

His goal is to get a kingdom, right? He wants power, he wants to be king, rule over the peasents, etc.

The thing that I don't get is that well, he's ascended to a fricken' Godhand. If you ask my that's way beyond a king.

Godhand
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Emporer
-
-
King

And with his powers and his apostales I don't really see much standing in his way right now. I mean, he could simply march into the ball right now and say, "I'm the king now, anyone who disagrees dies." <*Insert Zodd coming in with a few soldiers impaled on his sword*>

I mean, really, whose a match for his Apostales?

Gutts
Ganshika(sp?)
Skullknight

That's it, for a serious threat anyways. His apostales could eat any army for lunch any day while Griffith would most assuredly have no problems with niether Gutts nor Ganshika.

Yeah, he dreams big but...

He's ascended into a diety. Why aim for a single kingdom? He could probably control the world. I mean, who CAN stop the Godhand? The only one who even seems a match for them is Skullknight and I doubt even he can take on all five at once.

The whole thing slightly bugs me because he seems to aiming real low. He's only oh what, one of the most powerful beings in existence and he wants to settle to be the king of a measly poverty infested kingdom?

Really, why even bother taking sides at all. Just form his own third party, crush both Midland and the Kushans, reign over them both, and set out to invade whatever else there is. And of course, he could all do this in a snap. When you've got as much power as a Godhand taking over a kingdom shouldn't be a problem, should it?

If I were him I'd just float around The Abyss and hang out with Slan.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I think he wants to rule as a king, not as a tyrant. He needs to gain public support first, gain the trust of the people, and he can rule the country with ease. It's just his way of doing things.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Sure Griffith gets to be a God Hand, but I think it's not all it is cracked up to be. Check out this chart: http://skullknight.net/encyclopedia/wor ... index.html

Femto and the Godhand Reside in the Vortex, and can only travel as far as the Interstice. They only see humans and whatnot during Eclipse ceremonies, in the Nexus. For Griffith to become a king, he needs to be in the material World. So he at least has to come into the Interstice to obtain his wish of being a King. Perhaps him becoming a God Hand was only part of his plan to become the king of a nation. I mean think about it, how good is it to be uber power when the only guys you can show it to most of the time are guys just as powerful as you?
ImageImage
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Funny how I was reading this, FMA came to mind...

But bah.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

God I hate Griffith.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Damien wrote:God I hate Griffith.
who doesnt? i mean its either friends or powers beyond human?

wait... i think ill be hated too.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Re: About Griffith...

Post by dos.azn »

Lel wrote:If I were him I'd just float around The Abyss and hang out with Slan.
i really like that part :D
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

And that point I don't think he wanted to sacrifice them all that's why I don't hate him this much. Before the Eclipse happened he said not to come any nearer to Guts, 'cause he knew it would end terrible.
I think if they were far away maybe the wouldn't been killed.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I personally like griffith and think hes a very interesting character. And I think we went over this a little bit but i guess its good for another discussion with some of the new members. Last i recall it was just me and arresty arguing over some of this stuff.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Griffith is a rapist and a selfish bastard the only thing he cares about is getting his fucking kingdom IMO.

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

He does care about getting his kingdom. It is most important for him. However its not all he cares about.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

wow i didnt even know there was a title at 2000 posts
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I htink it goes up to like 5000

go back and check the discussions we used to have on it.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Then tell me, what does Griffith care about other then his dream?

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Apparently he still cares for the old hawks that are alive. I mean at first i thought he just wanted guts back because he would be an asset. However he wanted rickeret back too. And in all honesty rickeret is useless.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Damien wrote:Then tell me, what does Griffith care about other then his dream?
ILL TELL YOU WHAT, HE WANTS TO SODOMIZE CASKA!!!

uhhh......again
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Remember Griffith likes to take it in the ASS!!!!!!!!! and ENJOYS IT!!!!
zodd4271
imanewbie

Post by zodd4271 »

I must admit that the first time that I saw Griffith, I thought that he was a sodomite (I guess that impression hasn't actually changed). :D
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

you know i wouldnt be surprised if he has taken it from Zodd a couple times....
zodd4271
imanewbie

Post by zodd4271 »

you know i wouldnt be surprised if he has taken it from Zodd a couple times....
You know Griffith is probably the kind who loves huge hairy apostles up the bum. :lol:
But seriously, Griffith didn't call Zodd back so Zodd cries. :(
Woffie^^
imanewbie

Post by Woffie^^ »

Well, hello folks! Finally my first post. I've been lurking around here for some time now, but never really felt that I would fit in with you guys. However, now I'm here and I will try to make the best out of it, please wish me luck, correct my english and spread the power of "Love & Peace!" ^^v

I agree with Lal, you have a good point, but as the others points out, the kingdom is not all he cares about.

When I first started to watch the series I absolutelly hated Guts and loved Griffith (Guts wasn't exactly like the all goody-goody hero you were used to =). The way Griffith acted seemed to me like that of an ultimate being.
However, ha changed, BUT his skills in interacting with people makes your theory a bit off.

To be dead serious I have a feeling that he will, in some way, betray the god-hand to be the single ruler of it all. After all we've seen how sneaky he can be ^^

Ontopic: I think that Griffith would rather build up an alliance with midland than crush it, that way he could (like we say in sweden, raw translated) eat the cake, and still have it (It's like you buy something you really want and get the money back, well kind of anyway). That way he would still be the humane ruler that everyone would look up to and admire, not the roaring tyrant that everyone would fear.

But then again, Miura is not what you would call an ordinary writer, so I guess time will tell the truth.
Love & Peace!
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Yes but this doesnt change the fact that griffith is a rapist scumbag imo.

Anways welcome, hope to see you around Woffie!

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Welcome Woffie. Hope you stick around. It would have been much preferrable if you posted in that sticky, but I did kinda enjoy reading your first post, so, meh. Welcome to EG :D :wink:

Sahlen
Found the Edit button

Post by Sahlen »

Buzkashi wrote:Apparently he still cares for the old hawks that are alive. I mean at first i thought he just wanted guts back because he would be an asset. However he wanted Rickert back too. And in all honesty Rickert is useless.
Griffith is just a sick bastard... and GAY! XD

He said that he only came back to the grave of his old comrades to be assured that he feels nothing anymore. As I said just a sick bastard.
Inviting Rickert after the thing which happen in the eclipse is also just sick!
It's as if the killer of you're family would ask you if you wanna join him.
Damn who the fuck would accept?

I hated griffith even before the eclipse.
Everyone was caring for him as if would be a god or something.
You try to protect friends but you don't worship them.
Ashes To Ashes, Dust to Dust, Life is Short, So Party We Must!
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Woffie^^ wrote:Well, hello folks! Finally my first post. I've been lurking around here for some time now, but never really felt that I would fit in with you guys. However, now I'm here and I will try to make the best out of it, please wish me luck, correct my english and spread the power of "Love & Peace!" ^^v
WELCOME! I am DoS, the Gook of EG!

anyway, griffith is still around prolly cuz he wants to get sodomized from gutts, whose probably the only person griffith knows that hasnt sodomized him yet