254 & 255

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

yupachups
notanewb

Post by yupachups »

dos.azn wrote:nahz prolly jus if farnaze decides to rejoin the group again, because serpico needs more than his womans blade to deal with the stuff that gutts & co. face
About joining the group hope that the knight (who was disturbed in ch248) will join guts band... later !!
i'm Here !!
J2 Cool
notanewb

Post by J2 Cool »

Is that the release date of 256 at the end of ch 255? Says 5 and 27..
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

right on the mark, J2 Cool
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

It doesn't mean much, though. When the time comes you'll find out whether the chapter is finished or not. Miura has a track record for delaying chapters, but since it's for keeping up the quality that's FINE.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

besides, sure as hell beats hawks releases
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I'm talking about the mangaka himself not the EG release.

Now of course EG beats the hawks, but that's an entirely different topic.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

whatever tho, miura deserves any break he takes :D
daniel_lc
imanewbie

Post by daniel_lc »

dos.azn wrote:whatever tho, miura deserves any break he takes :D
Yes, he does. But WHY does he take so many and for such a long time? :evil:

Sometimes it feels like he's teasing us.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Probably because he has other more important things in his life than Berserk. Give the man a break. :P
daniel_lc
imanewbie

Post by daniel_lc »

You mean mangaka have lives? :shock:

Whenever [insert_manga_name] takes a one week break, it's fine.

But it's just torture when you get to the end of a berserk chapter, and see the date for the next chapter. I'm telling you, it can make a grown man cry!
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

What makes me cry is waiting for Dark Horse to release the manga in the US, also Sammy or whoever for not releasing the game in the US :cry:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

Sandman wrote:What makes me cry is waiting for Dark Horse to release the manga in the US...
Dark Horse is publishing the manga for the next generations, definitely not for us. They'll finish it after 2015 or what :cry:

Miura is definitely taking more breaks than our average mangaka but he sure has his own reasons.
akari
Found the Edit button

Post by akari »

Of course mangaka should take breaks, but only after finishing a whole volume :wink:

..........!!
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I wonder what else he has on his plate besides berserk? Maybe his working on another anime season of berserk!! I wish but I don't think that will happen till the story comes to another breaking point.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

daniel_lc wrote:You mean mangaka have lives? :shock:

Whenever [insert_manga_name] takes a one week break, it's fine.

But it's just torture when you get to the end of a berserk chapter, and see the date for the next chapter. I'm telling you, it can make a grown man cry!
dude anime and manga creators barely make any profit, das why so many great series are cancelled, because of lack of money. miura should take a ton of breaks no matter how much it makes me whine, because he should be proud of himself and he deserves them. hes making dough that only naruto can compete with, and thas a shitload of money for an anime/manga creator. these breaks are his way of saying "i am kentaro miura and i am simply better than you" :headbang:
zodd4271
imanewbie

Post by zodd4271 »

For many talented people, producing work takes a lot out of them. Quit your whining, it takes a lot to make something as good as Berserk it's Miura's creation and he should take as long as he likes. :evil:
Last edited by zodd4271 on Mon May 09, 2005 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Remember people, "quality not quantity," and that is a good rule to live buy, and one of the reason I love Miura's work so much.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

yes quality is what we want... I wander how much of the story Miura has already drawn? See now if he was holding back on us that would be a crying shame.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I am assuming he may have sketched of future stuff, and future characters, but I doubt he would actually have whole panels done for later chapters. I think he works on the chapters as they are released. I do believe that either written or in his head he has the story for quite a few chapters ahead, as well as what he plans overall for the next several volumes, maybe now exactly how parts will be exuecuted, but where he is going and what well happen at that location.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

that sounds right, and I bet it is true but is he the only artist?
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

He has seveeral helpers so he is not the only person who works on it. That helps speed it up alot, but I think he does all the major artwork. I believe they woudl do alot of things like backgrounds and stuff that doesn't matter as much, though I am assuming they alll would have to have the ablitity to draw all the characters, and in the non major panels they probably do the characters as well.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

i dont think thas what his helpers are there for arresty. i think its more like:

miura: "hey helper #1, go down to the market and buy me a coke along with some california rolls cause i can't draw this new chapter on an empty stomach. helper #2, take my copy of volume 29 and get it to the publishing company as soon as you can so i can starting making the dough for this volume. HEY HELPER #3, GIMME SOME FUCKIN LIGHT WILL YA?! WHAT YOU THINK I PAY YOU FOR?!"
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

"In fact I don't pay you at all." :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: (Dos knows what I am talking about)

Yeah I was jsut guessing. Have no clue what htey are for, I just know he has like 3 or 4 and they get credited I think somewhere.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I don't know dos that seem like a waste of money, plus that is a lot to draw by your self. I wouldn't be surprised if Miura just does the story and draw the major characters.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

hey when you're kentaro miura, you can waste all the money you want, cause a whole ton more rolls in the next day :D