254 & 255

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Sortep wrote:miura = infallible... nuff said
Exactly, just liek God in Dogma. If you prove Miura wrong, all off Bersek just stops existing. And no one wants to be the one responsible for that, now do we?
ImageImage
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

*looks around for azriel and all other manga writers being made to look bad by muira and cracks knuckles*
Bow to Golbez
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

You mean they weren't bad before Miura. :shock: :P
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

Arresty wrote:You mean they weren't bad before Miura. :shock: :P

touche'
Bow to Golbez
hsmith
imanewbie

Post by hsmith »

I won't be surprised if I'm flamed for proposing this... but is it possible that the reborn Griffith is just an avator or reincarnation of the Godhand Femto? Like a material manifestation of Femto?

Material reincarnations of celestial beings is a concept common Hinduism, and we know that Berserk uses many cultural allusions.

If this has been proposed before, or is unequivocally discounted in the manga, please direct me to the appropriate reference.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I am not sure what you mean. He is in the material world, and he is the person who was Femto on the God Hand. Do you mean that he is still in the spirit world as well in his Femto form, as well as in the normal world?
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I think that he is saying that Griffith is semi human and can be hurt because he is bond to a form; although if Griffith is hurt or something I am pritty sure it will trigger a demetional shift to become femto. I also think that when that happens something will transform Guts into more than a berserker.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Sounds like more random bullshit to me.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Starnum has a good response. :lol:
hsmith
imanewbie

Post by hsmith »

Well, random bullshit it may very well be.

But what i was saying is that there is very probably very little connecting godhand femto and material/earthly world griffith. As the human, griffith desired power and a kingdom and that thirst led to his calling on the power behind the behelit. Once he became Femto, Griffith's underlying ambition was still unrealized, despite the blood sacrifice of his comrades....
So, Femto (or the Godhand or some as yet unidentified entity) created a physical manifestation to realize Griffith's ambition.

My parallel to Hinduism is this: The god vishnu reincarnated himself in human form many times in order to accomplish certain things. This human form and the God were unrelated, in that harm or damage to one did not affect the other. But, since the human form was a reincarnation of a god, he had access to skills and abilities that were unachievable to most humans.

Hope that helps.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Ok now I understand what you mean, but it was his destiny to become a member of the God Hand and then be reborn as a human so he could then take his throne. The whole purpose of hte crimson behelit was to become a king, even though he became a member of the God Hand he still has to become a king. The God Hand part was just a part to help him realize his ambition, also what he does afterwards. The God Hand don't have much control in the real world, so in order for them to get control in the real world they must be reborn like Griffith was. He was reborn so the God Hand could have more power over the real world. Before only apostles had power in the real world, and though they work for the God Hand are still free to do what they want.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Here's a thought... Zodd prediction- when this man ambitions fail it is you destiny to die(not sure if that is right just trying to remeber from the anime), so Griffith will acend the throne and Guts will cut him down and die. This way Zodd fortelling will not be wrong.
akari
Found the Edit button

Post by akari »

Zodd was talking about the Eclipse in my opinion!
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

akari wrote:Zodd was talking about the Eclipse in my opinion!
Obviously, but I think what Sandman is suggesting here is that Zodd might've unknowingly been talking about another occasion, one where his prophecy would have come true. This doesn't make any sense though. Zodd is not a prophet of any kind, he was just assuming that Guts will come to die because of the Eclipse. It's called foreshadowing, there is nothing more in that statement.

If it were Void saying it, then maybe, but it's a big maybe.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I wander where Skull Knight got the fortelling of his striking Void?
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Zodd was talking about the eclipse, now if you are talking about will Guts die some day then the answer is yes. Everyone dies, including Guts.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Maybe he knew Guts Fate, but Skullknight broke that fate as we "know" he isn't bound to it.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Skull Knight said that Guts could stop fate and its been seen over and over.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

i still think skullknight is bound by fate... he even said it... "void will fall by my sword... it is still written in fate.. will it be here"
Bow to Golbez
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

If Void can fall by SkullKnights sword, so can Griffith fall by Guts' sword
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Can a God Hand be killed maybe why ever told SK the fortelling was full of it...but we should only beleive what the manga tells us.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

aren't we basing our opinions and theories on information we get from the manga?.... that would keep us from getting theories like "guts is going to reach super sayain level 9 then blow everyone up with a death laser burning knuckle buster gun combo"
Bow to Golbez
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Sortep wrote:aren't we basing our opinions and theories on information we get from the manga?
Yes, but try to keep those theories in the Stupid Theory thread.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Do you think Serpico will try to get the wind sword and elemental cape back if he gets in to trouble with guts?
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

nahz prolly jus if farnaze decides to rejoin the group again, because serpico needs more than his womans blade to deal with the stuff that gutts & co. face