254 & 255

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

das a cool order. in korea its year, month, day
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah but Asia is all kinda of backwards. Whats with the right to left shit. :P

Panasonic: OK wasn't positive. Was born in Canada but only lived there til I was five, and I don't think I could even read dates then. I know for the most part US does a bunch of wierd stuff, but sometimes Canada does the same wierd stuff.

The thing that really annoyed me coming to the US when I was a kid was the letter Z. Stupid americans pronounce it differently from the rest of the world. :wtf:
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

the us is always doing things slightly backwards... we still haven't even converted to the metric system
Bow to Golbez
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Sortep wrote:the us is always doing things slightly backwards... we still haven't even converted to the metric system
Actually we did for a few months or something back in the seventies I think. And it was utter chaos I believe. We are too used to it. Ah well. :?
ImageImage
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Arresty wrote:Yeah but Asia is all kinda of backwards. Whats with the right to left shit. :P
then dont read mangas
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I actually hate left to right mangas pisses me off. I do like the right to left format, its the only way to go. Its strange if I read a manga I immediately go to reading right to left without thinking about it, then I can put it down pick up an American comic and without thinking transition back to left to right. They both feel natural so its all good. But I can still make fun of it. :twisted:
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

well american comics suck, thas why we never talk about them in mindwerks

but its ok if u like em, you can go to ur comic conventions and wear your elektra costume :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

With the exception of a few American comics do suck. General rule of thumb in my book is if they have men in tights its going to suck, exceptions being The Dark Knight Returns and Year One, both Batman comics by Frank Miller(Sin City). There are a few other excpetions to that rule but for the most part Superheros=Superlame.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Watchmen >>>>>>>> Every other manga but Berserk
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Rorschach >>>>>>> then Guts. *Ducks and Hides*
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In nomine Guts, et Puck, Skull Knight sancti +
Bow to Golbez
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Well, it's different. Guts feels like a more fleshed out character but c'mon, he's the main character of a 29+ volume story. You have a lot more time to work with him. We know about him since he was born and now he's in his mid-twenties. Watchmen is only 12 volumes, so that cuts done on the time you have with character development. Still, Watchmen is more awesome than pretty much every other 100+ episode anime/manga out there.

AND it's a superhero story, so suck it.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

i wont argue watchmen is a great manga... but i'm so unbelievable biased in regards to berserk... that i'd write guts' name on an election ballot... not that i've done that sort of thing before or anything
Bow to Golbez
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Berserk>Death Note = Ippo> every other manga
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I am just joking around anyways. The thing I do love about good old Rorschach thought is just how crazy he is, but yet not. He is so calculated and everything. Super intelligent, but just violent as hell. He is probably the best superhero I have ever seen. Well more like a masked hero, since he has no superpowers but you get my point. Overall Berserk is probably a better story, and I doubt you coudl actually extend watchmen any, its designed to be short. Alan Moore is a genious though. I love how the last panal, the first panale and the cover all have the same smiley face with the same red(blood in one, ketchup in the other) mark across it. That is just a cool way. Looping around like that. But I will stop talking about this, so this doesn't turn into a stupid ass VS thread.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Arresty wrote:With the exception of a few American comics do suck. General rule of thumb in my book is if they have men in tights its going to suck, exceptions being The Dark Knight Returns and Year One, both Batman comics by Frank Miller(Sin City). There are a few other excpetions to that rule but for the most part Superheros=Superlame.
hey man u forgot spiderman! hes an exception too! :D
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Batman pwns all in amrican superheroes. I was more refering to the comics themselves. They are the kiddier type normally. But Dark Knight Returns was more or less what Tim Burton used as a basis for his Batman movies. Not the story, but the style. The Batman who is out for revenge. Dark Knight Returns is so much darker than the movies though. Batman is just royally pissed in them. And it inlcuded the most climactic ending possible. A figth between Superman and Batman. Just all araound an amazing story. Frank Miller = God.

On a side note still off topic: The new superman outfit is gay.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

superman himself has been gay since his conception
Bow to Golbez
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Very true.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Can't bash the classic superman movies though. I grew up with those, but overall Superman is gay.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

*nods

u cant go wrong with christopher reeves
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wow, Oro changed his nick. Heh, that will take some getting used to. Alright, nearly a month till 256! It’s going to rock!
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Unless Miura f :censored: cks up then 256 will be all kinds of awesome. I know he won't though. He is the man.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

miura = infallible... nuff said
Bow to Golbez
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

*nods