Hellsing manga

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Hellsing manga

Post by Devil_Dante »

Does anybody read it? I think Hellsing manga can compete with Berserk manga if it comes to bloodyness .
Dtortot
notanewb

Post by Dtortot »

A lot of mangas can compete with Berserk in bloodines.

And Hellsing is awesome, yes, in a diferent way than Berserk, but awesome still.

I am 99.75% awesome!
How awesome are YOU? By Suspended Chaos.
huaja
imanewbie

Post by huaja »

Yep, absolutely love the Hellsing manga and its anime, which would be the same as Berserk if the anime didnt end where it did...Volume 6 ch 10 recently got released and theres apparently (re: is) a new Hellsing anime based a little more closely to the manga. The Hellsing Ultimate OVA Series by Geneon Entertainment. Great news isnt??:D

I think they're both very, very close in bloody-ness but I think that Hellsing has just that bit more than Berserk...OMG, dont chew me out.... :P

Heres the article that I saw:

http://anime-source.com/banzai/modules. ... e&sid=1079
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I like Hellsing very much cause its exellent,the anime didnt do anything for me but the manga is great. Alucard is a fav of mine.

I' finished vol 5 months ago and now that vol 6 is out in the stores i can finaly see how things are going in the story.

By the way does anyone know which vol the manga is on in japan?

Great news about the OVA cause its follows the story in the manga this time,which was the reason i didnt like the first hellsing anime cause it didnt follow the story from the manga.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

I got vol 6 (english). I got it from mIRC. I'm quite happy to hear the are coming more animes form Hellsing, although I like manga more than anime. To be honest I think hellsing is a bit more gore when it comes to bloodyness. But Berserk is still my fav :D.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I think they are only on volume 6 in Japan as well. DH normally releases every three months and has like 1 or 2 issues ahead already to be preordered with a release date, but for hellsing they don't have anything else, so I am assuming they are waiting for the japanese release of 7.

What would be cool is if they picked it up like BotI and released it regularly in comic form(except without mirroring and what not that they did with BotI.) If we are where they are I think it woudl be a good idea.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

What is BotI ? :D
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Blade of the Immortal, I didn't feel like typing out the whole thing. Sorry about that. Good manga, you should read it.
zokie
Mastered PM

Post by zokie »

acually they should beon vol 8... i have a few chapters from there but maybe thats just chapters that where relesed outside a volume, im not sure.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
(i just could't resist)
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

They are probably working on V8 now then in regular smaller installments, and are just now releasing 7 or about too. The volumes are generally fairly far behind the actual serialized manga. But that is awesome, cause the story is just getting really good and I can't wait for alucard to get back to London. Then the shit will hit the fan. :twisted:
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

BoI, I'm planning to read it as soon as the evil genius bots are back up.
That Alucard, he even controls a boat with his powers. He is wicked. Bet he's gonna kick ass when he gets on land.
No_Life_King
imanewbie

Post by No_Life_King »

I am very fond of the Hellsing manga (I liked the anime too, but is wasn't nearly as great as the manga). In my opinion is does not compare to Berserk, but it is an excellent manga nontheless. Its goal is to entertain with mindless violence and action; something that it does very well. I suppose what I like best about the manga is its outlandish nature. How anyone could think of some of the stuff that happens in the manga is beyond me (Alucard crahing a SR-71 Blackbird into an aircraft carrier; Vampire Waffen SS soldiers attacking London, etc...).
"When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone." - Guts
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Hellsing is not just about mindless violence even if there is alot of that.

Aressty: I was talking about serialized manga in japan which chapter or volume they are on.

Someboy ones told me that there is 28 vols of hellsing but maybe that is bs.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Its all about the comedy. Nazi's are funny, crazy catholic priests are funny, a berserker nun and female priest are funny. I love the way people act when they see him start to unleash his true powers. It is just about pure entertainment though. When its not funny I am just feeling pumped beacuse alucard is about to dominate someone. Good stuff. I liked the anime alot too, but it had a different feel. I felt the anime was much more serious than the manga is, and I think that is one reason it is not as good.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

I really like the way alucard plays with his enemies.
DId you notice that, when you reverse the name alucard, you get Dracula. lol
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Whats even funnier is if you have the official american release they translate it Arucard instead of Alucard. They still pronounce it with the L but they don't spell it that way. When I was watching I heard alucard, and I was like that is dracula backwards isn't it so I stopped it on the credits to check it out and they spelt it with an R, I was like WTF. Someone who knows more about it correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure there is not letter in japanese that has an L sound, they just use the one that sounds like R instead.
huaja
imanewbie

Post by huaja »

OMFG! Seras goes totally nuts in vol 07!!
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Where did you get it from? :)
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I downloaded a bunch of rars. I need to just read them now.
"Context is for Kings"
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Me want rars too :(
huaja
imanewbie

Post by huaja »

Got it off a certain bot thats not in the EG channel any more, check out #mangass @ irc.irchighway.net. Theres up to vol08 ch3 in there...
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Awesome, need to download it, after finals though. Procrastinate bad enough without it.
huaja
imanewbie

Post by huaja »

I didnt think the action could get more insane than it already was but after reading vol 07 & a bit of vol 08; it takes it up a bit higher... Which is always a good thing :D
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

damn it I only have up to vol 6. :( I can't really use Mirc at school. gah My school sucks.
"Context is for Kings"
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Cannot join channel (spamming for an other network is not allowed).

What does this mean? I don't spam :s