Berserk 334 - City of Men

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Berserk 334 - City of Men

Post by DrPepperPro »

2Fast4
imanewbie

Re: Berserk 334 - City of Men

Post by 2Fast4 »

:shock: Is it really true???
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

2Fast4 wrote::shock: Is it really true???
It's... it's been so long that it's hard to believe!

Thank you EG!
somefatman
notanewb

Post by somefatman »

Thank you EG. Thanks for letting us know about the translation of hawk vs falcon. Band of the Hawk rolls off the tongue better in English in my opinion but whatever.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

somefatman wrote:Band of the Hawk rolls off the tongue better in English in my opinion but whatever.
Oh it does for sure, but it's a necessary sacrifice in order to finally be able to avoid the awkwardness of "you see he's the Hawk but his capital is Falconia because... uh...". Or "the Millenium Falcon Arc is partly about Griffith establishing a new Band of the Hawk".

That's EG's official stance. I'm making it official now.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Damn and the raw came out yesterday? Fast, great work as always!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

No we got it 3 days earlier, don't be fooled, we're still moderately slow to very slow.
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

Man three days is still pretty fast. I feel like weeks fly by like nobody's business!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
hadi
This is my new home

Post by hadi »

every time I download a chapter after those long hiatus periods, I hesitate to read it anticipating the craving I'll have for more chapters after I'm done.
How sick is that! I curse this emotional turmoil.

EDIT:
forgot to say thank you EG! lol
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

I'm so glad to have a new chapter... but I wish Miura would have put a bit more pen to paper with how long it's been since the last. Lots of great 2 pages and everything, but only 21 pages after waiting 15 months is a bit disappointing. Not to mention waiting another 6 weeks for the next chapter...

Great work on this chapter though EG. Looked beautiful. Glad to see so many characters from previous volumes making appearances again.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
luciferian
Mastered PM

Post by luciferian »

Thank you Evil Genius.
In anticipation for this chapter, I read the entire series... and now, after this, im hungry for more.

at least we get to see our favorite prostitutes again =D They seemed to have been brought together by destiny. Next chapter is more than likely dealings with Griffith and Rickon, so, probably still no Guts, nor the isle we have been bound for forever.

Overall though, the chapter was meh, and considering that was on a 1yr and a quarter hiatus, questions how good the next few chapters are going to be. The art, though, was fantastic with constant 2 pages of landscapes.

Great job on the chapter EG. =) Praise the Falcon.
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

Chapter seemed a little odd, didn't flow like usual. Probably because he drew some of the sketches irregularly throughout an entire year. Curious what the secret behind falconia is. Probably some sort of human farm, right?! No matter whether Griffth' inentions are now good or evil, I am awaiting the day when Guts will rip him apart. Will probably be the most epic battle in the history of manga :D
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

I think his intentions will always be evil. It's possible that the demons are impregnating human women as that seems to be the trend with the trolls, the kusharn demons, and even the psychic girl said she'd bring some that one monster a lady.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

WOOT Thanks EG you are the best... with out you we would all be lost
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Congratulations to everyone... for being with us so long. :)
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

psi29a wrote:Congratulations to everyone... for being with us so long. :)
Good to see you again, psi! It's been awhile since I've seen you around these parts! :)
luciferian
Mastered PM

Post by luciferian »

Good to see ya... though its been a week since ya came back. It has been a long time. And now just many more to go till... the end? 15 more years with this pace?

Ahhh just reread all of berserk again -.- i do this everytime I need a fix... yet I always feel unsatisfied.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

luciferian wrote:
Good to see ya... though its been a week since ya came back. It has been a long time. And now just many more to go till... the end? 15 more years with this pace?
So... you think Berserk will be concluded in another (being optimistic about chapter numbers given the current pace) 2-3 volumes? Really? :lol:

Frankly my only hope is that the pace picks up A LOT now that Miura finished that other series. I won't say how likely I think that hope is...
Last edited by Istvan on Mon May 12, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
luciferian
Mastered PM

Post by luciferian »

Istvan wrote:
luciferian wrote:
So... you think Berserk will be concluded in other (being optimistic about chapter numbers given the current pace) 2-3 volumes? Really? :lol:

Frankly my only hope is that the pace picks up A LOT now that Miura finished that other series. I won't say how likely I think that hope is...
Actually I think we are in the second to last arc. Millennium Falcon arc was the last "arc" comprising of the tower to up to the birth of Falconia, each with their own "chapter arcs" per say. If that is anything of indication, Elfhelm arc will deal with Casca, Gut and Casca's child, and griffith becoming the black hawk. Right now, Griffith achieved his dream, he has his own kingdom. But, his kingdom is going to show its true face, and essentially be the Kushan's city of before... just secretly. Then we have the final arc, where Guts has to basically save his own child and save the world from the black hawk. Somewhere along the way, he is going gain a drastic power up, that is going to essentually par him up with the power of the godhand. As it is, now, he cannot even Kill Femto even with the power of the berserker armor.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

We'll see... Miura isn't dead yet and if he stopped, it would be either because of suicide or homicide. ;)

He has a rather fanatical following.

As for me, I'm always "around" and help out behind the scenes but rarely post. Berserk is the _only_ manga I follow.
luciferian
Mastered PM

Post by luciferian »

Lol. Are you apart of that... fanatical following? :wink:

Berserk isnt the only manga I follow. I still follow the big 3 shonens as well; Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece. The main reason is, I have been reading them for so long, and the first two are finally in their last arcs. But One Piece will be around for another 10 years. It will never die.