Looks like Berserk might be over...

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Taem
imanewbie

Looks like Berserk might be over...

Post by Taem »

I was tired of waiting for a new chapter, so typed in google, "did berserk manga end", and got a flurry of links, but this one pretty much confirmed what I had thought all along:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=652953
somefatman
notanewb

Re: Looks like Berserk might be over...

Post by somefatman »

Except if you try reading the comments, a user asked on the facebook channel and received a response that the story is fake. There is no evidence in either direction about the status of berserk. I'm not saying get your hopes up, but at the time being we still know nothing.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Story from from a blog (not an official website of any kind) and no other website has picked up on the story even though it's been 3 months since it was posted. Definitely fake. And if there was any doubt left there's also the official answer from facebook that somefatman just mentioned.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

Fake.

Although, Berserk may as well be over, as I genuinely feel like Miura does not give a flying fuck about it anymore.
Triko
imanewbie

Post by Triko »

As much as Miura's artwork is such a big draw for me, he should just let a new Artist take over, while he controls the writing...it's been 10 months since the last update :?
Shino
imanewbie

Post by Shino »

I kinda get sick and tired of people speculating that he's not going to finish Berserk or that he's DEAD. Over the last ~12 years or so I've been following Berserk it's the same thing over and over. Muira has stated multiple times that he's never stopped working on Berserk in one fashion or another. He's either mapping out plot details or drawing huge intricate scenes far ahead into the series.

Even now, with this new mini-series, he just recently made a statement in Young Animal along the lines of, "It's not like I've stopped working on Berserk!" He puts in countless hours every day on Berserk, it's the story of his life and he and Berserk are not going anywhere.

It takes a long time to put out something this amazing. Get used to it. If he somehow pushed out episodes every two weeks and wrapped up the story in a couple years the same complainers would be upset that it's over and now have nothing near as amazing to read. Be glad we have something like this in our lives. I for one believe we are lucky to live in a time like this, when probably the greatest story ever told is unfolding before us.

I bow to Mr. Muira, he is a legend in my eyes.
Lying never hurt anybody.
Azwraith
imanewbie

Post by Azwraith »

Until Miura himself says openly that Berserk is over, these discusions will keep hapenning.
As stated above, this kind of manga takes time, the drawings are godlike. It must be tyring as well.
Besides, I don't think he would agree to make a series of movies about his story when he was just thinking of quitting or giving it up.

Just my thoughts tho.
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

Shino wrote:Over the last ~12 years or so I've been following Berserk it's the same thing over and over
If you were following Berserk for 12 years, you should know very well it hasn't been the same thing over and over. From 1990-2005, his productivity was more or less a steady two volumes a year. Since 2006 it has become half that. Barely one volume a year. We've gotten next to nothing in 2012-2013. The facts are the facts. For whatever reason, he's continuously slowing down. I'm usually not one to complain, but a few chapters a year is pretty ridiculous.

And that's not to mention the decrease in story quality. Which is opinionated of course, but I think you would be hard pressed to find someone that feels that the Sea God arc is on par with pretty much anything prior.