satalite imagry + area 51

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

MrFelony
E-Thug

satalite imagry + area 51

Post by MrFelony »

wow pretty cool...
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

What the fuck. Go roll down a hill or something.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

only if you join me. I dont really care if its real or not, its fun to play with either way.

Edit haha i just realized that the entire messag that i posted ended up being that short tid bit. http://www.livejournal.com/community/th ... tml#cutid1 here is the link that for some reason didnt get posted
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

pretty cool stuff, looked for my house too, that shit was fun. Weird to notice that i actually have one of the smaller houses in my area. But that area-51 thing, i wonder if the map is showing the real place.
mrJotaan
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by mrJotaan »

Area 51 is no longer in Roswell, they moved it to Denver.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

"Little did I know, however, that google had cleverly hid it in plain view on the upper right hand side of the page. It had been disguised under the link name “satellite,” which I understand is actually a German word meaning “I want to look into your house now.”"

WTF? I don't get what this guy wants to say. He was to stupid to find the link I immediately found and that's why we germans are looking into other peoples houses?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

mrJotaan wrote:Area 51 is no longer in Roswell, they moved it to Denver.
It was never in Roswell, that where they was alien sightings. Area-51 is suppose to be in neveda somewhere.
Kêthêrîc
This is my new home

Post by Kêthêrîc »

Necromancer wrote:"Little did I know, however, that google had cleverly hid it in plain view on the upper right hand side of the page. It had been disguised under the link name “satellite,” which I understand is actually a German word meaning “I want to look into your house now.”"

WTF? I don't get what this guy wants to say. He was to stupid to find the link I immediately found and that's why we germans are looking into other peoples houses?
he is just being dumb... also i didn't get why he kept putting his Batchelors in Psychology, which has nothing to do with geographical skills, to use.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

heh i know i was like..ooo so you have to have a BA to know how to google shit?
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

McDonalds has a hard on for BAs, the Degree practically says "Do you want fries with that?". I have all the respect in the world for the humanities, history, and the classics but it is all worthless unless tempered with some good 'ol fashion SCIENCE. Sorry to go off on a rant, but I find that most of the BA on my campus are worthless lumps of sacks wasting their parent's money. I'm not even a major in their field of expertise but can own them in any debate. I'm sad to say that most people who goto college or University these days are lazy ass slackers that want to do the bear minimum amount of work to get a degree, you know... to please the folks and party for 4 years. At least with BS Degree people, you know where they stand. They work hard or they are kicked out of the program and generally have a heaver course load than BA. :(

note: There are exceptions, I have some great friends that are BA, but the majority of them are slackers.
Southpaw
PIEZOR!

Post by Southpaw »

psi29a wrote:McDonalds has a hard on for BAs, the Degree practically says "Do you want fries with that?". I have all the respect in the world for the humanities, history, and the classics but it is all worthless unless tempered with some good 'ol fashion SCIENCE. Sorry to go off on a rant, but I find that most of the BA on my campus are worthless lumps of sacks wasting their parent's money. I'm not even a major in their field of expertise but can own them in any debate. I'm sad to say that most people who goto college or University these days are lazy ass slackers that want to do the bear minimum amount of work to get a degree, you know... to please the folks and party for 4 years. At least with BS Degree people, you know where they stand. They work hard or they are kicked out of the program and generally have a heaver course load than BA. :(

note: There are exceptions, I have some great friends that are BA, but the majority of them are slackers.
Yeah, that sound about right. *points at self*
calvin
Flexing spam muscles

Post by calvin »

Southpaw wrote:
psi29a wrote:McDonalds has a hard on for BAs, the Degree practically says "Do you want fries with that?". I have all the respect in the world for the humanities, history, and the classics but it is all worthless unless tempered with some good 'ol fashion SCIENCE. Sorry to go off on a rant, but I find that most of the BA on my campus are worthless lumps of sacks wasting their parent's money. I'm not even a major in their field of expertise but can own them in any debate. I'm sad to say that most people who goto college or University these days are lazy ass slackers that want to do the bear minimum amount of work to get a degree, you know... to please the folks and party for 4 years. At least with BS Degree people, you know where they stand. They work hard or they are kicked out of the program and generally have a heaver course load than BA. :(

*raises hand* ditto
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

*narrows eyes*
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

im a hardworking slacker :D
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

MrFelony wrote:im a hardworking slacker :D
As well as an Oxymoron. :wink:
ImageImage
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

calvin wrote:
Southpaw wrote:

*raises hand* ditto
I wish I could say ditto. I am a lazy slacker who decided to get a damn engineering degree from Georgia Tech. Sucks to do work, but one day it will be worth it.

I agree with you psi on the whole BA thing, I have no clue what most of those people will do with there lives when they graduate. Some that I do know that have, are bartenders and waiters and stuff. Got a college degree for nothing. Oh well.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

My cousin graduated from college a few years ago, and talks to his friends from school. He said almost everyone he talked to have jobs totally out of their field, however they couldn't get them without a degree. It's just getting to be more "Do you have a degree at all?" as opposed to "What do you have a degree in?".
ImageImage
Kêthêrîc
This is my new home

Post by Kêthêrîc »

^ true. It's getting to the point that nearly everyone is going to college after high school. Many jobs are have over-qualified people doing them too. One thing i don't like is that society usually looks at people with degrees as if they're better. We will still always need people to do every day jobs. We still need construction workers to build houses, people who work at grocery stores, people to take care of the garbage, etc. Some CEO of a company is worth the same as any of the above to me.