Berserk 333 - Paradise

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

somefatman
notanewb

Re: Berserk 333 - Paradise

Post by somefatman »

We really need a tutorial on coping with Berserk withdrawal. Or a hot-line.
But in all seriousness, I look at Berserk releases as a amazing surprise that makes my day. I don't feel disappointed everyday that there isn't a new chapter. So you should walk away, but don't walk that far. Stroll back over every so often and be glad when you stumble upon the next release. There is no timetable or schedule unless you want dates that Young Animal releases but that just narrows down the days you need to check on Berserk since we don't know when Berserk will next appear after a "Till Next Time".
hadi
This is my new home

Post by hadi »

venting:
6 months since last chapter, WTF!
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

somefatman wrote:We really need a tutorial on coping with Berserk withdrawal. Or a hot-line.
Just try and get ripped like Guts. That'll pass the time for sure! Nah but I feel ya, if you expect that there won't be a series of releases, it always becomes a pleasant surprise if one pops up.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

That's exactly what I do. I just don't think about it and get surprised when it happens.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Kordell
imanewbie

Post by Kordell »

with everyday that goes by i recognize how patient i am but still the pain is so great. would i still be around for the next release i wonder to myself. its not my reason for living but yet i live to see the conclusion. would this desire be fullfilled? only time could tell.
a burden is in my soul...perfection is my goal
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

~ A poem by Kordell from the Waiting For Miura Collection.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

Good Idea,We should write a book about "how do the fans feel themselves in time between releases",and after Berserk is done , send it to Miura as feedback for all the years of suffering.I wonder ... how many volumes will it contain....? Probably more that Berserk would have had.
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

Grahf wrote:Granted I'm alive in a couple of years to be able to enjoy what finally comes out.
and after 7 years of waiting in pain, founding a family, building a house and buying a car you check evil-genius.us with ultra high hopes only to find out that there are 2 new chapters XD

hahaha working with all his might on berserk he said once... fuck that.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

ximbary wrote:
Grahf wrote:Granted I'm alive in a couple of years to be able to enjoy what finally comes out.
and after 7 years of waiting in pain, founding a family, building a house and buying a car you check evil-genius.us with ultra high hopes only to find out that there are 2 new chapters XD

hahaha working with all his might on berserk he said once... fuck that.
Don't exaggerate. There would probably be at least 10.

......I really wish I was joking when I said that. :(
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

Istvan wrote:Don't exaggerate. There would probably be at least 10.

......I really wish I was joking when I said that. :(
lol even if it was true... 10 chapters in 7 years.. just lol

in 7 years you get about 300 chapters of one piece or naruto xD

i know you cannot compare the art and the required work at all but still... 7 vs. 300 xD
luciferian
Mastered PM

Post by luciferian »

What I am honestly wondering is, what does Miura do in his vacations?

Hes not working 24/7 on berserk, even though I wish he was. If he was, then we would have a chapter once every three months.

but... shark week =D
Kordell
imanewbie

Post by Kordell »

the adrenaline begins to pump. i am about to click. i feel a sharp pain in my gut. would the next chapter be there? in my thoughts. what a smile that would bring me. this sad me that clicks this link so regularly. i sit i click i hope. hope is all i have. it gives me the strength in my fingers to keep clicking. and so i click and i hope...*sigh*
greak
imanewbie

Post by greak »

lol @ kordell poems, great effort.
so, what does Miura do in his regular life outside doing Berserk?
is he married ? children ?
hobbies ? interests ?
how much time does he spend on a chapter ?
for how many years will berserk run ?
am i gonna see the ending with my grandchildren ?
wait , is he stuck with the story ? as in writers block ?
all of us know that Berserk's journey is FAR from the end
sometimes I hope he dies, yeah really SORRY , but what if he dies and studio Gaga continues the story with a much faster pace.
yes of course he has the ending with a lawyer in case he dies DUUUH
twitter.com/greak
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

greak wrote:lol @ kordell poems, great effort.
so, what does Miura do in his regular life outside doing Berserk? fap
is he married ? children ? no
hobbies ? interests ? neither
how much time does he spend on a chapter ? 24hours
for how many years will berserk run ? 22. from now on.
am i gonna see the ending with my grandchildren ? depends on your age
wait , is he stuck with the story ? as in writers block ? no
all of us know that Berserk's journey is FAR from the end yes
sometimes I hope he dies, yeah really SORRY , but what if he dies and studio Gaga continues the story with a much faster pace.
yes of course he has the ending with a lawyer in case he dies DUUUH question is, whether he has informed anybody about the future story. i doubt it.
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

So what if he lost his love for Berserk? He's probably making a decent amount off all the sales so if he didn't want to continue further he wouldn't necessarily need to. What if making Berserk to him is like trying to eat when you have no appetite?
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

No way, that would suck. Maybe he's busy helping with the films?
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

Starnum wrote:No way, that would suck. Maybe he's busy helping with the films?
I don't think so, Berserk has been being released at a painful snail's pace for years, well before these movies were in the works. Not that I'm telling you anything you don't know.

The series is no longer what it was, hasn't been for awhile. It is a very different beast now (no pun intended) and I don't see the tone and quality of the glory days ever returning. The question is whether or not Miura has lost his passion for Berserk, or simply developed a change in interests and that is reflecting on his work (ie sudden interest in high fantasy and less depravity, brutality, etc). I really wish he would have just ended Berserk forever ago and just channeled these new ideas into a completed new work, instead of just flushing everything into Berserk.
Kordell
imanewbie

Post by Kordell »

dialdfordesi wrote:So what if he lost his love for Berserk? He's probably making a decent amount off all the sales so if he didn't want to continue further he wouldn't necessarily need to. What if making Berserk to him is like trying to eat when you have no appetite?
what a scary thought that is, but out of every thought ive read it seems to be the most logical. Out of passion comes diligence. As time passes, conviction weakens. Poor conviction gives birth to negligence. Of course its my assumption, i dont wish to offend. i only wish to express what i feel on the inside. ive sat by in patience always hoping for the best. i come, i see no release, my expectations are continuously shattered.
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

MOD NOTE:

This is new information to me. I had no idea Miura had psychological issues and I’m sure alot of other fans weren’t aware either.
It doesn't take very much exposure to Berserk to be able to conclude that the person coming up with this stuff clearly has some "issues". It would be interesting to see more information on this subject though, as that image doesn't seem to provide any kind of source for the claim.
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

Well.. if i had drawn 333 chapters of beserk id go insane too :shock:

But seriously.. apparently he cant take this manga on his own anymore. in my opinion he should just get as many assistants as required to get this series back on the rail. of course he should remain 100% responsible for the story and the main art setup. wtf am i even talking about.. no fucking idea if those rumours are even true. lets just hope miura is alright, for its the only thing we can do anyway.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, no way of knowing if that is true, but I like it more than the Idol Master theory. I have read that he's had health issues in the past. That could have something to do with it as well, or the stories may be linked somehow.
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

Starnum wrote:Hm, no way of knowing if that is true, but I like it more than the Idol Master theory. I have read that he's had health issues in the past. That could have something to do with it as well, or the stories may be linked somehow.
Lol you rather want to see him terminally ill than being obsessed with a video game? :D

just kidding :P
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I believe in Miura that much. I know that if it was me, and I'd made it as far as he had, it would be my dream to see it completed. If he were ill I could understand, but if he was just too obsessed with a hentai game to work on his masterpiece, that would mean I would lose so much respect for him. Heh, but yeah, it's all good.
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

We'll never know the truth unless Miura says something an interview but it's all good. It's still been quite a ride.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!