DBZ!

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I dont know how things are in us but in this side of the world nobddy compares Kenshin to Pokemon and Yugi its much more popular than those two.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Femto wrote:Yeah, when I say mainstream, I mean like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh. Kenshin doesn't seem to be quite there yet, as far as the US is concerned at least. For the record though, even though Kenshin did have the better plot, the second arc at least, I think I got more enjoyment out of DBZ's first arc.
Ah, I see, interesting. Yeah, I really like period drama stuff anyway, so that helps explain why I feel that way. I love samurai shit. Anyway, I see what you mean about mainstream now, or at least what you're talking about. I was just thinking of mainstream in the community of anime watchers, things like Naruto and Bleach, you know. *Shrugs*
Last edited by Starnum on Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I see what you meant, Starnum. The thing is, I don't think that people that download/watch that much anime can be considered mainstream. Mainstream is anything that makes it to McDonald's or Burger King as far as I'm concerned. Well, more or less.

Meh, you know what I was talking about, so it doesn't really matter.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh, no, you're right. I just didn't realize you meant true mainstream, but yeah, definitely. ;)
calvin
Flexing spam muscles

Post by calvin »

i would always tape the episodes on CN because i had swim pratice and it pissed me off that i had to watch it after it aired. although it was nice being able to skip the commercial break. i think one of my tapes back home still has gohan's lvl2 episodes on it

does anyone think the GT series is worth watching?
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Nope. GT sucks.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I think the best in GT is Super 17 and SSJ4 Gogetas red haid. If you liked DBZ watch DBGT as well.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
calvin
Flexing spam muscles

Post by calvin »

i've heard so many mixed reviews about that series
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

DB GT is garbage. It wanst by Toriyama. Somone else made it up to make more money.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh, I freakin hate DBGT! Much like the Kenshin episodes after 62, it isn’t by the same person, and it’s complete shit. Anyway, I used to record the DBZ episodes too, just because I wanted to have them on tape. Now, save for a few sparse episodes here and there, I have the whole series on tape. Some of the tapes I just bought, but nearly all of them are recorded from Cartoon Network. Oh, and in case you're wondering, yes, that is a butt load of tapes.
Amion
imanewbie

Post by Amion »

Yeah, GT is crap. The animation quality is good, I'll give it that. As far as story goes though, horrible, and therefore pointless to watch.

My favorite character, well, used to be Vegeta, until a certain persona duel, with a certain elf, in which I ended up with Goku. Since then, I've grown to like Goku more and more, and in truth, he's a lot closer to my core personality than Vegeta for sure.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

*Laughs* That's totally going to go over their heads man, but yeah, I agree. ;)

(It's a role playing thing.)
Amion
imanewbie

Post by Amion »

Didn't think about that one Starnum. Sometimes I forget that not everyone knows about the coolness that is persona dueling and rolefighting. 8)
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

My level 87 arcane staff of the ages will rape your asshole!!
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Dude, don't fuck with Amion, he'll seriously put the hurt on you. He's a level 130 something. That's almost as impressive as the amazingness of me being level 176. That's right biatch, bow down. :P
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Did i say level 87 arcane staff!! I ment level 870 arcane staff that kills a person in one hit no matter what!!!!11!!!
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Buzkashi wrote:Did i say level 87 arcane staff!! I ment level 870 arcane staff that kills a person in one hit no matter what!!!!11!!!
too bad one of my talents at only lvl 1 is "can not be killed"

AS for dbz... man those were the days... Anyone see dbz in spanish before?
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Saw some spanish samples.
And I heard the polish DBZ only got one voice actor for all the characters.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

I still think DBZ in Japanese (or was it Chinese?) were the best. Man those voice actors could yell like hell. More feeling in it.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Aye dante. Im getting sick and tired of your sig. Make is so you cant click it.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Devil_Dante wrote:I still think DBZ in Japanese (or was it Chinese?) were the best. Man those voice actors could yell like hell. More feeling in it.
Dude, they're Japanese...the heck? *shakes his head*
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Starnum wrote:
Devil_Dante wrote:I still think DBZ in Japanese (or was it Chinese?) were the best. Man those voice actors could yell like hell. More feeling in it.
Dude, they're Japanese...the heck? *shakes his head*
I'm trying to say the voice actors from Japan or lots better than those of US.
vermillion
imanewbie

Post by vermillion »

The Japanese actors yell better than western dubbers. What I still don't understand is why some grown up characters (Gokuh, Gohan as an adult) still sound like a girl. By the way, the Japanese baritone voice of Vegeta (my favorite character as well) is really amazing :)
I've seen the Spanish version from South America. It is one of the best dubs an Anime had ever in Mexico. I could go more along speaking about the actors, why they are good, and which other important Anime characters they did, but no one would be interested, and it would be off topic ^^

And well, the reason for it to have crappy chapters or everlasting fights when 70% of the time goes by wind moving dust is the same as the part after Shishio in Kenshin's anime: the anime was speeding too much, and was catching up with manga, so there was no history to animate. Still I don't understand why don't they just wait a few months without animating and then restart it later where they left it :(
Else there are invited guests, there is no party
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Wow just watched the last episode of gt again. God i hate watching that episode. I choke up everytime. I mean knowing that no more episodes ever will be out. Its like a part of me dies everytime i watch it. Thatd be like a final xmen comic or final xmen episode where there wont be any more. I mean i hate it. Why make endings like that. Just make it so that they can always hope for another season.
vermillion
imanewbie

Post by vermillion »

DRAGON BALL GT SPOILER ALERT

Hey, the final chapter of GT is pretty touching ^^. All the flashbacks, watching Goku while he grew up, then the fight between their great-great-grandsons. I really like it. And perhaps to finish the cycle was the better thing to do. The history already wasn't the same without Toriyama. And he doesn't want to continue it (while all fans want him to :? ).
The thing is, it can continue. If Toriyama decides to draw DB again, he can just skip the GT history. It would be an "alternate Universe". It happens a lot of times in Anime. But it's only upon Toriyama. He is the only one who can make from DB a great Anime :wink:
And even respecting the GT events, there can still be another generation of fighters lead by those kids (Goku and Vegeta great-great-grandsons). I felt like I really wanted to see more from them while watching them fighting. Anyway, that's just my humble opinion.
Else there are invited guests, there is no party