254 Delayed... (no longer)

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Is oro the original Creator of EG. I know he is definitely the one in charge of berserk, and I do love how he is all about making sure we get a quality product. It comes out like it was professional done. He or whoever does the pick editing, does a great job of smoothing out backgrounds when removing the Japanese text and stuff. Hell there stuff is so much better than the hawks, which I thought was good before I found these guys.
Sahlen
Found the Edit button

Post by Sahlen »

Before I found EG I used to read Berserk subs which weren't even completely translated. I'm grateful to those people for the translation even if it sucked at least I could understand the story :P . But EGs subs are just a lot better sorry guys.
Ashes To Ashes, Dust to Dust, Life is Short, So Party We Must!
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

We get spoiled by you guys. I can't even lower myself to poorly done manga anymore. Must only use quality.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I’m not sure if Oro is the founder or not, but most likely. Maybe it was him and a couple of others. Anyway, he’s the main editor, as he deals with all of the visual quality that you’re speaking of. There are a couple of other editors like Laik though. Anyway, it seems like I’ve watched EG’s quality improve even sense I first found the place. I’m intrigued by how our none professional (we’re not getting paid) team, which works on this board and the manga being distro’ed, has developed. I look forward to further achievements.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

dos.azn wrote:
Libaax wrote:Good Luck Oro!

As people has already said we can live without Berserk a week or two max :P

And i hope you will never leave the editing to someone else cause your work is so much better than some of the other manga scans that i read.
there was also that time last summer where we had to wait 3 months for the next chapter

we can last
Dont remind i have tried to forgot that time...
BigSassy
Mastered PM

Post by BigSassy »

Starnum wrote:
Arresty wrote:...perfection.
*Blushes* Well, we do care. I think that's what makes the difference. All the time we're trying to make Berserk better for everyone. I know quality is important to Oro. He's actually found a way to make the scans smoother and cleaner. He's shown me some comparisons. He's also worked with me on issues that mattered to me, such as the proper spellings of names and even paraphrasing to help the dialogue flow. That really means a lot to me and has made my role in this project that much more valuable to me. Oro can be an elusive guy, but I can tell he’s not just doing this for himself, and I respect that. ;)
That's the reason why I've stuck with EG. Originally I just waited for The Hawks releases. When I found out a team was releasing the individual chapters I thought "Well, the quality wont be as good, but I can grab these now and grab The Hawks releases later." I still have yet to even check if The Hawks released any new volumes, let alone download them.

The translations from EG are MUCH much better than the Hawks. It's especially apparent when you read through the entire series (for the nth time :P). And Oro is THE MAN at editing each release. It makes me wish EG would go back and do some of the earlier volumes, but I guess that's what Dark Horse is for :thumb:

EDIT - According to my new title, I'm not a nub anymore. Huzzah :mrgreen:
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

BigSassy wrote:I still have yet to even check if The Hawks released any new volumes, let alone download them.
No they didn't they finally stopped after Volume 27.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, really? I wonder why they stopped and if it had anything to do with us. *shrugs*
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

They couldnt compete. The first forum i ever posted at was TheHawks and it waaaas soo gay. They treated most people like shit.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, but so do we, kind of, heh.
sludies
imanewbie

Post by sludies »

Necromancer wrote:No they didn't they finally stopped after Volume 27.
Just so you know they did release volume 28 last month.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

sludies wrote:
Necromancer wrote:No they didn't they finally stopped after Volume 27.
Just so you know they did release volume 28 last month.
They did? I did not notice that. Sorry, my mistake. :?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
exhumethecorpse
imanewbie

Post by exhumethecorpse »

Late in responding but hey look at my title (though im a lurker supreme)

Take your time Oro best of luck with exams.
I hope you do continue for the next 8 - 10 years (so basically what, 2 more volumes. God damn miura you are slow, you better finish it)

And yes those 3 months were slow torture last year and Im expecting it will happen again this year too. But what can we do.

EG = the 1337!!11!! (haha sorry. but I am thankful for such quality work)
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

254 and 255 tomorrow.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Yay, I'll drink a beer in your honour tonight, Orochimaru :).

If you were closer to my home (err... in Germany) I'd donate one for you, but as it is, I'll probably have to drink that one, too 8) .
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Koliare
imanewbie

Post by Koliare »

I am gonna drink to your honor tonight

and listen to some bad ass music by Endless Disorder LIVE
weeeeeeeee

And thanks for the wonderful translations and all the rest
Smallest avatar around.
Starnum
Elven King