254 Delayed... (no longer)

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Can I have his e-mail address?
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Nope. Sorry, but I was sworn to secrecy. Even by releasing that much information, I could be in danger of a ninja attack. I must be ever-vigilant.
Last edited by Tempest on Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Tempest wrote:I actually got a letter from Miura himself the other day, I kindly wrote him to ask what he was going to do in chapter 254....

"Dear Tempest,

Well, I am getting tired of doing Berserk. I am currently in the works to publish my real dream manga, where a lot of fluffy bunnies hop around and tell cute and insightful stories with a message to children, and constantly say 'I wuv you!' Anyway, Chapter 254 will be Berserk's final chapter, Guts goes into the ball midway through a dance and kills everyone, and by everyone, I mean EVERYONE. The ball dancers, his party, Caska, everyone. Then a giant chandelier falls on him and he dies. Well, hope this helps you.

Respectfully,

'Kentaru' Miura.

PS - I saw your Omake on those Evil Genius forums and found them hilarious, especially the one about the Potato Salad man."
.......I hope you werent trying to make a joke, cause if you were you failed miserably.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Wow. Thanks. Well. I guess having you tell me I'm not funny, I should just go kill my self. Oh well, I had a pretty good run.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yeah, he send me an email too. Here's our emails:
Kentaru Miura wrote:To Eldo,

You're a pimp.

Your 0make is teh sh17z!!11!!

Kentaru Miura.
and I wrote back saying:
Here's what I wrote:Dear Miura:

Tell me something I don't know.

Maybe you don't give me material to make a decent omake!

Sincerely,

Eldo.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Mayhap your harsh words are to blame for the lack of action in Berserk recently? He can't find it in himself to draw pages upon pages of mindless violence if Eldo doesn't appreciate it. :(
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Yeah, geez Eldo, way to ruin Berserk. God.... :wink:
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

Good luck on the exams ^_^

and isn't it great that we will get two great chapters after the wait :-)
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Eldo wrote:You're kidding me when you say this Mune:
LordMune wrote:It's all Roderick and dancing and stuff 'til the last page, where Gatts and the gang show up.
Shits, is that right?! Here's what I wrote in the 254 thread:
I wrote:]I hope I get to see some carnage. It'd be pretty sucky if Guts arrives at the ball in the last page of the chapter...and then we'd have to wait another 2 weeks to see the confrontation.
Look on the bright side Eldo, the next release comes out at the same time as the next EG release, since it is postponed for like 2 weeks, so therefore you will probably only have to wait for 3 days or so. :P

On the delay we can wait, I want quality not quantity, so take your time and do it when you have the time to do it. Good luck oro. Your school is more important than our next berserk fix.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Who is this Kentaru? Oh, I get it. It must be Miura’s retarded twin brother. No wonder the guy actually responds to your emails. :P

Wait, when did this become the Stupid Theory Thread?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Starnum wrote:Who is this Kentaru? Oh, I get it. It must be Miura’s retarded twin brother.
Well, actually I recieved an email from the man just eariler before and here it is:
Kentaro Miura wrote:Eldo,

Sorry about the earlier emails, that was my evil twin.

Muira.
What I wrote:Oh, it's OK...I mean, I have an evil twin too. He tried to rape...wait a minute! Why the hell aren't you drawing Berserk?! WHO THE FUCK LET YOU OUT OF YOUR CAGE?!
And let's leave it at that.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, that’ll do.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Good Luck Oro!

As people has already said we can live without Berserk a week or two max :P

And i hope you will never leave the editing to someone else cause your work is so much better than some of the other manga scans that i read.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Poor, poor Miura, we all love him and we all force him. Hm sounds like he's a masochist.

But he misspelled his own name again.
Kentaro Miura wrote: Muira.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Bah! It's the internet! Everyone can type their name wrong if they want to! :roll:

dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Libaax wrote:Good Luck Oro!

As people has already said we can live without Berserk a week or two max :P

And i hope you will never leave the editing to someone else cause your work is so much better than some of the other manga scans that i read.
there was also that time last summer where we had to wait 3 months for the next chapter

we can last
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Don't remind me. That seemed like forever. I sure hope we never have another break like that *sigh*.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

dos.azn wrote:there was also that time last summer where we had to wait 3 months for the next chapter

we can last
3 months, I can only imagine. Glad I was not here during that. :D

But still, take your time Oro.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

hmm if miura has his own cage...then why dont we send Oro there to keep him some company :-P, why am i not writing my paper btw...it is due in 6 hrs...
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, yeah…we should send a whip with him.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

On a related note, I had a dream last night about stumbling across another group that was doing berserk. I was like awesome, and I downloaded it. Then I opened it up, and it was the worst editing job I have ever seen. Text that was on the background was left in tact, but they used red text to type the translated stuff on top of it. The sentence structure was just terrible, and sometimes didn't even make sense. In case you haven't figure out this was a nightmare. The moral of the story is, wait for EG releases, cause they do a damn good job, and its worth waiting on Oro to finish up his tests and stuff, since he is pretty much the main guy.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love fairy tales with morals!

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, well we try, heh.

That reminds me of the dream I had last night. I won’t go all into it, but basically I had to stab this guy in the chest with my katana. When I woke up, I felt weird, because it was just over a domestic dispute, but I killed him. I thought, would I really do that…

Oh, wait. Maybe I should save it for counseling. :P
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I actually tried to use skullknight.orgs translation with the raw, but i got through one page before I decided, not only did the translation suck, but its just annoying to figure out what balloon they are refering too. I gave up. I love berserk and because of that I am willing to wait for perfection. I love EG. :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Arresty wrote:...perfection.
*Blushes* Well, we do care. I think that's what makes the difference. All the time we're trying to make Berserk better for everyone. I know quality is important to Oro. He's actually found a way to make the scans smoother and cleaner. He's shown me some comparisons. He's also worked with me on issues that mattered to me, such as the proper spellings of names and even paraphrasing to help the dialogue flow. That really means a lot to me and has made my role in this project that much more valuable to me. Oro can be an elusive guy, but I can tell he’s not just doing this for himself, and I respect that. ;)