Gundam Anonymous

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Gundam Anonymous

Post by psi29a »

Welcome to the GA, hi... my name is psi29a and I'm addicted to Gundam. I must have my smack, sweet smack.

Sorry about that, just finished watching EP 25 of Gundam Seed Destiny. I can't get enough of it, it is like crack.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

What i didnt even know ep 25 was out :P

Im also crazy about Gundam my fav being Wing,then Seed and last Destiny who isnt half as good as Seed i mean.

I gotta see some old Gundams i mean they must be better than Destiny and Seed..
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

I started watching Gundam since 0079 when I was introduced to it back in the early 80s. I'm a big fan of the original timeline and have watched all the Gundams up to now. If I'm to be accused of anything, it is of being a Gundam fanboi. Please note that I do not collect models, I just like watching the anime. There is nothing in my room that says gundam other than DVDs. :P
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Just dont tell me that the old Gundams have annoying kiddy characthers like the ones in Destiny....
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

That shouldn't stop you from viewing them. I watch everthing. :D
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I collect the models... :P It's pretty damn cool. There's a Strike Gundam that I fancy, but it's 100 bucks AU. I rather spent that on food though. :P

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

ewww gundam seed? well whatever... if that shit wasnt aimed at teenagers i might have liked it... even Turn-A sucks... thos suit designs in Turn-A are the worst ive seen.. much worse that the rip-offs of seed

i think the best part of seed was the fight that happened before kira died... but then he survived.. that pissed me off
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Catch Gundam Seed: Destiny. It faster plot development, and builds on the original story. Pretty good IMHO. :D
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I like the models more then the shows. Only shows I liked were 0083 and 08th MS team.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

psi29a wrote:Catch Gundam Seed: Destiny. It faster plot development, and builds on the original story. Pretty good IMHO. :D

Well the first 10 episodes were slow its picking up as of late. The Jury is still out on this one, but one thing I could say Kira is offically a god now.
"Context is for Kings"
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Indeed, Kira has matured to the pont that he doesn't have to speak at all... his motives are quite clear. His pimp hand is way strong.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

well he is THE ultimate coordinator
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

psi29a wrote:Indeed, Kira has matured to the point that he doesn't have to speak at all... his motives are quite clear. His pimp hand is way strong.
Yeah compared to seed where he didn't stop crying, its like a completely different person. I've said on other boards that all the characters from the original season have changed, well except for Athrun ( is it me or does he just suck? ).

Dos yeah I think anything with "Supreme" in it automatically give them Ownage.
"Context is for Kings"
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hey, this is a cool thread. I myself am a huge Gundam fan. I have some of the action figures even. My favorite Gundam series is Victory. I haven’t seen them all though, unfortunately. I haven’t seen Seed, but I heard it sucked *shrugs*. Yeah, giant robots kick ass.
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

well if you hate anime where the central character is some godlike person with no weaknesses except for bitching about what is right or why they have power when they should be out exploiting it ;) then you probably wont like this one... although when it first came out and i first started watching it i thought it was cool.. then kira went and stole that glasses-faggot's girlfriend and slept with her... that was the first sign went down hill from there until the 2 childhood friends fought.. that was entertaining to be honest... then kira survived... so its one of the worst anime's i sat through... maybe ill give destiny a second try... maybe
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I don't see the reasoning after the godlike main character statement. :lol:

Seed wasn't as bad as most people make it out to be. It wasn't perfect but it wasn't a complete flop either. I would rate Seed at about a C+/B-. When you think about Gundam there aren't many main characters that dont bitch about their situations.
"Context is for Kings"
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well, I think Seed is overrated. Seed Destiny is way better in my opinion, because it has a much deeper plot, and has its share of conspiracies and the like. I watched Seed, and it wasn't as bad as everyone who bash it say so. It's like Grahf said, around B-C grade. I loved Strike and Freedom though. They'll bad ass models!

As for Kira sleeping with that Frey (I think that's her name), if I remembered correctly, she seduced HIM, and Kira had a crush on her since the beginning. I never liked her because she was trying to play the part of a manipulative bitch. But I did end up feeling sorry for her when she died.

Well, I don't watch anime much anymore. Last episode I watched was when Kira took Cagili away from the political wedding. That was good. :D

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, maybe I shouldn't bother with this thread if it's just going to be about Seed. I mean, with the spoiler and all... Not that I really care about an AC plotline that's just based on fan appeal...and I don't mean the good kind *shrugs*.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

does anyone else besides me think that the DESTINY themes are better than SEEDs?
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

As for right now yeah the starting themes are great compared to seed. But I still like how the othere series had just one theme. I was a huge fan of 0083 in every aspect. :)
"Context is for Kings"
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

so far i like all the ones for destiny: ignited, reason, pride, life goes on

for seed the good ones were: invoke, so we were together, realize, and that 3rd opening i forget the name

moment, river, and find the way stunk
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

well to be honest at that point in time i loathed seed... but right now ive come to accept it for what it is.. the people that made it, made it for a certain target audience in mind... i cant control that.. just like how some people think that Turn-A was made with the older Gundam fans in mind.. seed is what it is .. i dont like it but it doesnt mean it sucks... i guess i was just expecting too much from it and it ended up letting me down

BTW macross kicks gundams ass
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Dominion wrote:BTW macross kicks gundams ass
I agree with that statement. Though it matters which macross we are talking about. :lol:
"Context is for Kings"
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

so many gundam fans here,i hope you guys dont make a Gutts vs. gundam thread.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Shaddup you! Where is my trout... come'er.