Gundam Anonymous

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

To2fPic
Mastered PM

Post by To2fPic »

The sadness that is Gundam Seed Destiny continues to amaze me. I am sad. I don't know if should continue watching it...
A wise monkey never monkeys around with another monkey's monkey
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hmm, I've watched some more Z. Well, so far the big kick for me hasn't appeared, but at least one thing is good: As gundam series bad guys go, that Scirocco guy is positively scary.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Messatsu
This is my new home

Post by Messatsu »

Heh i use to be the consummate Gundam whore amongst my friends( which annoyed the fuck out of them :P ). But sufficed to say that I have watched: The original gundam series (its been a while), Z(still not done with it), ZZ( hated it half way throu), Chars counter attack( good movie ), Wing( bleh it was my 1st taste of gundam, horrible), G-gundam( Can you say DBZ Wannabe, Lamest of them all) and Ive still to watch X, turn-a and V

Oh and on a final note, I didn't like seed felt it was to much like a retelling of the original series and i haven't watched Destiny yet.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

If you dont like seed then dont ever watch destiny cause its a remake of seed storywise,characther wise but it isnt half as good.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Messatsu
This is my new home

Post by Messatsu »

Libaax wrote:If you dont like seed then dont ever watch destiny cause its a remake of seed storywise,characther wise but it isnt half as good.
No its more because i suspect it of being Z'ds modern reincarnation.

On a side note has anybody ever found or seen the three movies based on the original series?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I own them. ;)
To2fPic
Mastered PM

Post by To2fPic »

It's just the shortened vers of the original series. It's actually quite good imo.
Messatsu
This is my new home

Post by Messatsu »

Where did you get em Starnum?
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I watched some more Z, well, I'm almost through now. I must say, considering the bad things done in the show, it's pretty rough, and I guess it'll get rougher.
Characterisations are pretty good overall. Still some weirdness on the motivations of the vilains.
Camille gets quite a bit of profile, although his characters isn't really very likable, even at ep. 40+. He's probably quite realistic though, he's got to get a little cold after all the shocks he had to suffer.

Well, since I've watched ZZ I approximately already know what will happen to him in the end, so I guess I can expect an even greater bodycount in the last few eps. Since I'm a wimp this touches me quite a bit, somehow V compensated better for its mass-destruction.

Well, it's not a bad show so far, but somehow it hasn't been something where I hunger for each new ep. Only V could do that to a certain extent.
Brainpiercing
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Messatsu wrote:Where did you get em Starnum?
From a friend. Beyond that, I couldn't tell you where they came from, sorry.
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

i change my mind... Turn-A Gundam is a very entertaining show when youre stoned
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Starnum wrote:
Messatsu wrote:Where did you get em Starnum?
From a friend. Beyond that, I couldn't tell you where they came from, sorry.
For all the pirates.... box?
Brainpiercing
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I've started watching gundam seed, in spite of the warnings I've seen everywhere, and I must say, it's far better than what I've heard about it so far. Yes, Kira does get a little emotional sometimes, but hell, he's in a stressful situation, why shouldn't he?

And of course I don't notice the similarities to 0079 because I haven't watched that one, yet, so it's just the standard gundam fare that makes the overall impression a little bland.
I found the animation and the characters much better than in Wing, though, and from the beginning the action isn't just mindless slugfests.

Well, so far I like this show, I'll see how it goes on.
Brainpiercing
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I likeed Seed it was very good. Just wait till you watch Destiny who reuse everything in Seed which is why its not as good as it should be.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I get physically ill from watching Seed. I forced myself through the first half-hour of the first episode of Seed special edition or whatever it's called (an OVA I believe, three feature-length episodes containing all of Seed), but then I had to go lie down for a bit due to extreme nausea. Stupid voices, characters who are nothing but clichés on two legs, PINK EXPLOSIONS and icky digitally painted animation makes Mune a sad boy. :(
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
To2fPic
Mastered PM

Post by To2fPic »

You're not the only one mune...
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

That's good to hear, I thought I was the only sane person left post-Seed. :\
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hm, I don't quite get what you guys think is so bad, sure the pink explosions are stupid, but the computer animated machines aren't so bad.

Well, what really irks me is that up to ep 25 there are already THREE eps full of recap. They must have really lacked material for the plot at that point.
Brainpiercing
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

well actually the only REAL recap episode is number 26. rest still have a few new things. But 26 is only recap.

Still Seed is 10 times as good as Wing. I mean your complaining about how cliche Seed was? Then what about Wing that in total had about 20 different battle animations. With the rest they just changed the background a little.

The part about pink explosions.. Well ok it sucks. But well have you played final fantasy x? The explosions in that game are sometimes pink or purple or even both. No one complained about those.

I'm just glad i never saw the dual audio version cause i heard those were terrible according to quite a few people i've talked to.
Messatsu
This is my new home

Post by Messatsu »

Wana have some info on all gundam series?

The perfect site http://www.mahq.net/
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I've finished Seed, and overall I liked it. It wasn't perfect, no doubt about that, but at least it was majorly better than Wing IMHO. Wing was really annoying in the earlier eps, and Seed was never so bad.

I also found the bad guys a little better for once, and the cause of the war made sense. A total annihilation war finally seemed plausible, since it wasn't just space-dwellers against earth dwellers with some weird motive for killing each other. The main villain as a total nihilist was something comparatively new to me from Gundam, and a nice touch I thought.
Brainpiercing
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

anyway... is it just me or do most gundam series have a villian using a mask.... i know both wing and seed had em. And i believe there also was on in gundam X
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hmm, my next exploit in the gundam world.

I've watched half of the movie "Char's counterattack", but so far have no motivation to watch the second half. (Er, another one of the masked villains, although he got rid of the mask in Z-gundam.)

The story seems hurried and forced, and Char is contradicting himself all the time. And Amuro in that movie is almost cold.

Well, whatever. Even though this was done by Tomino directly I don't think it will be one of his better pieces.
Brainpiercing
Messatsu
This is my new home

Post by Messatsu »

well it has been said that tomino was under a depression when he made char's counterattack. If im not mistaken
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Must have been some depression. I was actuallly looking forward to this movie, damn.
Brainpiercing