Shooters (Gradius V, Ikaruga, and the like...)

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

The Fallen
notanewb

Post by The Fallen »

update on strikers 1945+ 399,400. Oh and a while ago i switched to laser in dodonpachi, you were right.
Greed, Gluttony, Sloth, Envy, Pride, Lust, and Wrath :To you they are the 7 deadly sins, to me they are the very reason of my existence...
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Of course I am right. Laser all the way. I will try and beat your scores later. Right now playing Guild Wars and Beatmania way too much.
The Fallen
notanewb

Post by The Fallen »

G-dub eh? oh beatmania is the turn table one right, i played that a bit, i was learning how to play one handed like the pros.
Greed, Gluttony, Sloth, Envy, Pride, Lust, and Wrath :To you they are the 7 deadly sins, to me they are the very reason of my existence...
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Fuck the one handed shit. You gotta start with 2 hands for IIDX.

I am actually surprised there is no Bemani thread in here. IIDX is the only Bemani game I play, but I am surprised no one here plays any thing else of the Bemani nature.

EDIT - Got a score in Strikers 1945 Plus! worth posting.

Ayanami - Spitfire - 406,200 - Stage 1-4

Behold Scooter, the score post format. Cherish it.
kccttzj
imanewbie

Post by kccttzj »

Haha. Ayanami, you make me laugh. How long? How long did I tell you to play that game? *SIGH* :roll:

Nah, I'm just messing with you. :D I'm just glad more people are getting into it. And now you know how addicting it is. It's especially addicting with a home version, because you can't run out of money.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Har har, I know I know.

I don't know, I just couldn't get into it at the arcade, perhaps because it was 75 cents a play and all I could pass was 511. But now it is all good.
The Fallen
notanewb

Post by The Fallen »

fark! The spitfire eh? I generally either hit random or use the zero fighter. But id say the Spitfire and zero fighter are the best all-round ships. And next time ill post a score using your precious model.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Your damn straight you will use the model. It is what everyone uses bitch.

Use this model for your Dodonpachi score if you can remember the ship and stage you got too. Max chain wouldn't be bad info to put in as well.
kccttzj
imanewbie

Post by kccttzj »

People need to post Gradius Galaxies scores. :D
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Gradius Galaxies - Ayanami - Stage 1-7 - Type A / Force Field - 489,600

I am pretty sure that you and I are the only ones who have this game K. I mean not even too many people on the Shmups forum play this game. Too bad, it is an awesome hand held shooter.

I got this score a while back actually, have not played it in a while.

Didn't you 1cc this game or are you close to 1ccing this game?
kccttzj
imanewbie

Post by kccttzj »

Gradius Galaxies - Kccttzj- Stage 1-8 - Type B / Force Field - 615,100

Yeah, I figured nobody really plays this, but it's one of the only games where I have a pretty decent score. :D I don't even die until I get to stage 8. If I can get past this one part there, I'm pretty sure I can 1CC it. It sucks because if you die on this part, I swear it's impossible to get past it without dying after that. You get stuck so you can't grab any speed ups, but without them you can't go fast enough to go down this corridor without running into a wall. :(

*Edit: I posted the wrong score :oops:
Last edited by kccttzj on Wed May 03, 2006 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Is 1-8 the last stage?

And damn, I didn't know that my score was so close to yours. You were right about the game easing up a bit after stage 4 but then it jumped right back to difficult for me on 1-7.

I need to get back to the arcade some time and play more Strikers II. After I got to stage 1-8 I am really thinking I can 1cc the damn thing. And that would be one hell of a game to get my first 1cc in.
The Fallen
notanewb

Post by The Fallen »

Here's a little kicker score for dodonpachi...

Dodonpachi - The Fallen - Stage 1-4 - Red/Laser - 8,050,030 (Max combo 141)
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

When you are back in DH wap, I wish to talk about the awesomeness that is Dodonpachi with you and about how you play the game.
The Fallen
notanewb

Post by The Fallen »

I would be delighted.
Daedelus
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
Location: This Island Earth! (Can be yours, if the Price is Right!)

Post by Daedelus »

Well isn't that precious.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Isn't it though?

Shooters for life. You have not seen the light yet Daedelus, that is all.
Daedelus
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
Location: This Island Earth! (Can be yours, if the Price is Right!)

Post by Daedelus »

Yeah, and it's a light I doubt I'll ever see :lol:

Just not my cup 'o tea.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Been playing the hell out of Mushihimesama and Do Don Pachi: Dai ou Jou....damn what awesome games. I just think it's weird that you fly around on a bettle though on Mushi.

I played some Trizeal...it's good, but not on the same level as Do Don Pachi and Mushihimesama to me.

Ibara: Pink Sweets and Espgaluda 2 should be getting some console releases pretty soon, I can't wait for that

Anyone mind making a list of shooters from 2005-Current and forthcoming so that I can make sure I'm not missing out on anything?

I don't know if anyone has talked about Mushihimesama on this topic yet or not....but if you haven't played it do so.

Do Don Pachi: Dai ou Jou
Default Settings
Type B - Exy
Level 1
Combo: 732
Score: 3,567,002

Mushihimesama

Default Settings
Normal
S-Power
Level 1
Score: 559,379

Ibara
Default Settings
Normal
Level 1
Score: 739,060
-----------------------
Arrange Mode
Ship D
Stages 1-3 *Lost in stage 3
Score: 4,834,550
kccttzj
imanewbie

Post by kccttzj »

Well, I don't know about 2005-current because some of these were released before 2005, and some were ported more recently but are pretty old games.

Mushihimesama (PS2)
Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou (PS2)
Raiden III (PS2)
ESPGaluda (PS2)
Ibara (PS2)
Radirgy (DC-already out, GC & PS2 May 25, 2006)
Under Defeat (DC)
XII Stag (PS2)
Homura (PS2)
GigaWing Generations (PS2)
Gradius V (PS2)

There's also have the Psikyo collections for PS2 as well:
Psikyo Shooting Collection Vol. 1: Strikers 1945 I+II
Psikyo Shooting Collection Vol. 2: Sengoku Ace + Sengoku Blade
Psikyo Shooting Collection Vol. 3: Sol Divide + Dragon Blaze

I can't think of anything else right now... I know there's more I didn't mention.

I also can't recommend GigaWing Generations. I thought it was pretty terrible. I haven't played Homura yet, but I've heard that it's pretty good.

As you said before, I'm sure that they'll port Pink Sweets and ESPGaluda II.

I don't know if you'r interested in handheld shooters at all... If you are there's Nanostray for the DS, Sengoku Canon (JP) for PSP, and the Gradius Collection for PSP that's already out in Japan It's supposed to get a US relese sometime, but I'm not sure when.

Mushihimesama is a great game. I haven't really put too much time into it in a while though. I go through phases where I'll play a few shooters nonstop for a few weeks or so, then I have to give it a break. Lately, I've just been playing some older shooters.

Dodonpachi: Dai Ou Jou
Default Settings
Type A - LEINYAN (laser)
Stage 3
Combo: 463
Score: 13,545,190

Mushihimesama
Default Settings
Normal:
S-Power
Stage 3
Score: 2,495,715

Arrange:
S-Power
Stage 4

Ibara
Default Settings
Normal
Level ?
Score: 809,670

ESPGaluda
Default Settings
Ageha
Stage 5
The Fallen
notanewb

Post by The Fallen »

Dodonpachi: Type 1 (red) Laser
Stage 1-4
max combo: 166
Score: 10,916,900
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Damn, it's major ass fun when you have 4 people playing through Mushihimesama for high scores. We were doing Very Easy - Ultra - 5 lives - 5 bombs. Very fun stuff. I feel blessed just to have 3 other people in this town who play shmups.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

Just got my copy of Radiant Silvergun in today from Ebay. I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy it due to all the hype -_- Was it worth the money? I guess so. It's not like any other games are coming out that I'm dying to have.

What's the deal with shooters not taking lessons from this game...this is by far the most innovative shooter I've ever played. Better than Ikaruga. I'm guessing Ikaruga is sort of like a sequel, but...they just need to remake/update this game for a rerelease...actually...no they don't, Then the value of this game will drop, but at the same time I want people who missed out on the first release to have a chance to experience this great shooter.

I remember a long time ago I was debating between this or Nocturne in the Moonlight....I wish I would have picked this game up instead. I seriously just paid way too much money for some data on plastic.

I'm not gonna lie. I tried to find a torrent before spending what I did.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

It's awesome that you finally got a chance to play Silvergun man. The game is the best shooter ever made IAMB. Some of my more pirate capable friends gave me a burn copy to do swaps with, and while I am grateful to play the game, I would love to have the actual thing. Because I am crazy like that. One day when I have the cash.

The song of the first stage just sets the mood for what kind of game you are going to be playing through. Simply epic. No one makes a shooter like Treasure.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I want the soundtrack. Been trying to find it today, but to no avail. The song on the first stage got me my chest filled with so much pride and energy. I punched the guys sitting next to me. I'm kidding.

Man I wish I could have found a pirated copy of the game to tell you the truth. I mean it's a wonderful game, but... damn the money.

I haven't read up on Silvergun AT ALL... I just heard all the hype about it. I think it's awesome that you weapons level up and that different button combinations do different attacks. This is such a thinking man's game too, since every weapon has a specific task for certain occasions. The game LOOKs amazing too. I don't even think they need to update the graphics for a new port if they do one, maybe give it smoother textures, but that's it.

It's like every shooter I play from now own will be compared to this.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

The game is great to play as a normal shooter. Tons of strategy and fun to be had. And then if you want to go deeper, the chain system is just crazy. The amount of skill needed to chain even the 3rd or 4th sections of the first stage is insane. I just love the every aspect of the game. The difficulty, the boss parades, the long as hell stages, all awesome. Epic is the best word to describe it, and those are my favorite shooters to play. (Ikaruga, Gradius V, etc...)