Saber Marionette

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Jedimdo
imanewbie

Saber Marionette

Post by Jedimdo »

I'm wondering if people here have seen Saber Marionette and what do they think about it. Me? It's my favourite anime series.
Vaalingrade
imanewbie

Post by Vaalingrade »

Which series?

SMJ was a lot of fun and J-X was good, but not great.

R, however, killed my children and set my home on fire with its badness. :(
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I really liked J and J Again. I have't seen J - X yet, and I've never even heard of R.
Vaalingrade
imanewbie

Post by Vaalingrade »

R, as far as I can tell isn't in continuity. Its an OAV revolving around a young prince and three marrionettes, just like J.

Thery're even named Lime, Cherry and Bloodberry, but they're very kiddie versions.

But the show is much darker, revolving around a fight against masochistic marrionettes called sexi-dolls.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I'll probably stay away from that...
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I got bored after episode 8 or 9.
vermillion
imanewbie

Post by vermillion »

I like all Saber Marionette, though my favorite one is J.
  • "J" is really funny and innocent. A very good pastime.
    "J Again" is about some OVAs between "J" and "J to X". It's Ok, just a short story which could have also been some chapters in J. The animation is a little bit better (OVA budget).
    "J to X" has some crazy "alternative animation" (not so extreme as in Evangelion, in any case) which makes it pretty dense. Not to say that the most of the chapters come with a depressive mood. But it becomes a little beet disproportionated (sometimes even annoying) the sad atmosphere and the still screen captures. Last two or three chapters are touching though.
    And "R" has been already described. It is in a future when there are already human females in the planet. And it takes place in one of the other countries (I forgot names already, I've seen all that 4 years ago).
Else there are invited guests, there is no party