Ch 253

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Ch 253

Post by Evanidus »

Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

w000t thanks..Great work as always.
Last edited by Damien on Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Mmmm, fresh and translated Berserk. Thanks guys.
nong_usa
imanewbie

Post by nong_usa »

That's So Cool!!!
Balor645
imanewbie

Post by Balor645 »

YAY!!! FAY-VICTAS!!!
"Forward he cried, from the Rear, and the front lines died. The General Sat, and the lines on the map moved from side to side." -- Pink Floyd
Skvate
imanewbie

Post by Skvate »

Kick-ass!!

Good translation. Good work :D
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

I don't really like farnse or serpico anymore they both seem arogent and it pisses me off like they are too good for guts new hawk band or something , I cant wait to see guts and party stir this up and go into that ball party ehehehe!!!

Gatzz
Mastered PM

Post by Gatzz »

Nice!!!
Great quality!
J2 Cool
notanewb

Post by J2 Cool »

Well, this is a certified as another character development plotline. I said 3 or so chapters ago, after Silke's ended, I really hoped they weren't going to develop Farnese right after with her own 5 chapters or so, but it seems Miura is. Ah well, hopefully he can stick to the 2 week schedule for a good few months and Guts & Co. blow up this ball for the next chapter or 2. Then jump on a speedboat and get moving :P

Thanks for the translation EG!
Messatsu
This is my new home

Post by Messatsu »

Ah thanks Eg :D
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yes, another wonderful release. Great job guys.

Now in response to other people's posts. For starters I don't think they are too arogent. Farnese keeps thinking back to them, and I know she wants to go back, not to mention she was feeling like she was not useful to them. A feeling of uselessness is not at all arogent. They are walking around with a different air about htem to some extent, but that is because of the environement, and mainly serpico but he was always like that. She wants to go back to them, I can tell, I think even Serpico wants too, just to make Farnese happy.

I doubt there will be to many more chapters of character devolopment, I think its starting to speed up some. I think the next chapter might have Guts and them show up at the ball. I think she has had the most character development of any of the characters besides Guts. She has already had alot. A few chapters right for her. Though there will probably be some more soon, I think it will be picking up pace some.

Also I hope he keeps to the two week schedule for a while now. Need berserk. :D
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

I think it is great to see Guts out of bed and actually walking around. He is THE commanding figure in the party. Look at them, they look so small in comparison. To me, Miura is building up the party that surrounds Guts like the beginning of how Griffith would have built up the hawks in the beginning. All the little flames around the big flame, and yet Guts is very much different from the rest of them.

I'm hoping that eventually the Mule will leave the new band of the hawk and join Guts. Time will tell, but you can just tell that Mule will be a pivotal character.
Rurik
imanewbie

Post by Rurik »

Thanks a lot!

When Guts and the gang show up at the ball, I believe that he will be mistaken for Farnese's lover or something similar... But the question is if he'll be able to talk his way out or if has to duel honorably with Rodrik.

Another month would have been severe anguish for me at least.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Thank you very much...but I'm not reading anymore until volume 29 is complete!
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

psi29a wrote:I'm hoping that eventually the Mule will leave the new band of the hawk and join Guts. Time will tell, but you can just tell that Mule will be a pivotal character.
I think that'll be interesting. There'll probably be a whole love triangle thing between Ishidoro, Mule, and Schierke if that happens.

As for Guts showing up in the ball, I think they'll force their way in (which will leave a lot of corpses). I'm not sure about a duel, Guts isn't a noble, so he doesn't abide by the rules and customs. He'll take Farnese and run. But then again, I'm not even sure if Guts knows that they are heading to the ball in the first place. They'll probably wait around or get the elves to follow them.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

Great release, great work. Thank you!

Hmm I think farnese mother has kind of a faible for soldiers, since she came to see strong looking soldiers. She might as well invite guts when she sees him.....I mean he IS kinda strong looking....
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Guts looks strong :shock:

I forgot about mule, had to think about it for a while then I remembered. I agree with you psi, though, he will be very important at some point. They would not have built him up otherwise.

Also I have a feeling they will follow, if not on foot, they will send the elves again, and show up at the ball, and technically Guts is noble, though he turned it down more or less, but the entire band of the hawks were knighted. But I think that also would have been revoked after the Griffith incident. Also Guts does not act noble at all. It would be funny to see him dress up again to show up there, who knows. We will see. I can't wait though. It seems like two weeks will take forever. Want to see some progress here.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I agree with psi, it was great to see Guts up and running again.

Anyway, since everyone is giving their predictions, here is mine: Guts will go into the ball straight towards Farnese (is that the correct spelling now?), beat up anyone who gets in his way and when he reaches her, while everyone is in shock, he will go straight to the point and ask her what she wants to do. Farnese will act doubtful and then Guts will say something awesome like he usually does and Farnese will realize that she doesn't want any of the royalty crap and will join the party again. Maybe an apostle will show up after that, I dunno...

One option out of millions... I could see this happening though. And thanks for the release everyone, can't wait for the next one.
yupachups
notanewb

Post by yupachups »

thanx
i'm Here !!
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Well personally, I never really did like serpico or farnse.

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Femto, what you say sounds more or less what I think will happen when they show up at the ball. He does want to go strait in. I don't think he will have to beat up to many people, maybe a couple guards outside that won't let him in, but other than that, I think he will just walk right in and hte nobles will tuck there tails and run away. Well maybe not run away, but they will not stand in his way either. I also believe he will say something nice and grand to Farnese to convince her to stay. I also do believe that sometime soon there will be a battle, maybe with an apostle maybe not, but not sure if it will be at the ball or not. Who knows. Maybe Griffith will be there. :D
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I thought of him saying something similar to what he said to the little girl with the Roshinu incident or what he says to Silke sometimes. And having Griffith in the ball would be insane, but it seems just a little too random to me...
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Well the Band of the Hawk was in town a little while ago at least, that is why I was thinking he may be there. I know somehting big is about to happen, and if he was there it would be massive. If it is a big social event I am sure he woudl be there to help secure his rise to the throne. A king must be present at both war and at parties. I am assuming it is a big event.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

I DO SEE DEAD PILES of bodies comming soon.

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I agree, we still have yet to see what Sonia showed Schierke. If he showed us that image it was for a reason, we will see it when the town atleast starts to be destoyed, but I have a feeling Guts will be in the middle of it. There is always the change he goes berserk, and does it all himself.