your atypical berserk thread about newbies

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Southpaw wrote:Well after he makes them all burn.
Heh, looking forward to it. :wink:

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Southpaw
PIEZOR!

Post by Southpaw »

I have no doubt we will get a play by play. *waits on psi*
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

i couldn't care less if psi gives us an explanation or not. he devotes a lot of his time maintaining this site and yet we want him to waste even more time typing us an explanation every time the site goes down? bahhh, psi, i'd say let us be puzzled
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Good point Dos.

Anyway, that large post of Eldo's about how not to piss off us Mods was hilarious. I really enjoyed it. As true as it was, Psi is right too. We're pretty relaxed, and an apology is usually all it takes. Don't screw up, but if you do, then just make amends. It's not that hard, and I forget about occurrences rather quickly, once I get the appropriate flaming out of my system. That may be the cause of repeating myself like Eldo...if that happens *shrugs*.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yeah, it was suppose to be serious and humourous at the same time :wink: . When I typed that I imparted some PA humour on to it as well, so I found it very appropriate that Tempest posted that pic. :wink:

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Well, I try. :wink:
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Umm...I just want to say...

Don't start new threads when you're new. Probably a good idea to post elsewhere, like in the Off-The-Wall forum or in the stupid theories thread, which seems to be a bit of a trend for some newbies lately. :P

Or you could completely ignore me and I'll see you in the Interstice. :twisted: That would be most preferable. :twisted:

dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Eldo wrote:Umm...I just want to say...

Don't start new threads when you're new. Probably a good idea to post elsewhere, like in the Off-The-Wall forum or in the stupid theories thread, which seems to be a bit of a trend for some newbies lately. :P

Or you could completely ignore me and I'll see you in the Interstice. :twisted: That would be most preferable. :twisted:
if you do go to interstice, you'll need the assistance of dos :lol:
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yeah, I need all the help I can get :wink: :P :lol:

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

OK, this is wierd since I am a big poster, but look at it as an example you damn n00bs. But I actually have a question that some of the n00bs might want to know. What is better to do, post a new thread that is more or less the same as an old thead, or necro a thead. I know sometimes its best to do neither and just leave your opinion to youself, but say its a thread like movies of 2k5 and it goes without posting for 30+ days, would it better to start a new similar thread or revive the dead.

Now the educational part of this for the n00bs is you notice I actually posted in an existing thread instead of starting one to ask this quetion, like I almost did. When in doubt post in another thread, even if it is slightly off topic, its more times than not better than starting a new thread. If it is slightly off topic to prevent flaming try to incorporate it somehow into the topic. You shoudl post it in the thread it most closely relates too. For example if you want to comment on Farnese and Serpico's relationship you may want to put it in the Schierke adn Guts relationship thread, though not on topic, it is close to being on topic, and prevents cluttering the forum with many useless threads.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well, it is better to post in a pre-existing thread rather than starting your own. Unless the matter is really urgent or revolutionary, you can post your material, otherwise keep it to yourself. I remember the Stupid Theory thread was in hiatus until someone necroed it. Same with the omake thread, although that wasn't dead for too long...

It also helps if we know you a bit as well. We usually overlook such...'transgressions' if we know you better. And, no, noobs, don't necro a thread on your first post. Unless you have something you REALLY, REALLY have to say, post in that thread.

Yes, like Arresty said, it's better to be off-topic than start a new thread. But, no, noobs DO NOT GO OFF TOPIC ON YOUR OWN. We don't particularly know you, and we mods have the ability to split threads as well. :wink:

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

and for the love of god, LOOK before you edit something, you may just be hitting the quote button :wink:
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Thanks Eldo, thats what I was figuring, but just checking. Also felt it was something useful for the n00bs since they are the ones who do it all the time. :evil:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well-said gentlemen. I suppose if you just had to decide between raising the dead, and just starting a whole new thread, then go ahead and conjure the old bastard back up. However, listen to Eldo, only awake the dead if you know what you’re doing. Sorry, was that too cryptic? At least with a pre-existing thread, it’ll dampen the same shit being repeated. ;)
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah, thats what I was always thinking. Was not positve, cause despite how it may seem this is really the only forum I have ever posted on. I have posted single posts here and there, answering questions for people on other forums when I am bored, but this is the first time I have ever started posting at a forum regularly. Before here my total number of posts probably totals less than 10. But I found that a forum is a great way to waste time. And being a lazy, slacking, and procrastinating fool, that I am, wasting time is key. :P

So on a side, note, I had great potential, do to my lack of experience of becoming a n00b, but I didn't. What you n00bs need to do is lurk for a while first, and see how the forum flows. See what is ok and what is not ok. Thats what I did, though I didn't lurk to long here. But I started off barely posting and reading alot of what other people wrote, and found out what was ok and what was not ok. Still doing it to some extent. Just look to see what other people are doing, and more than likely it is ok, though not always the case. For example, we sometimes throw shit around at eachother, but a n00b shoudl not trash talk a veteran, unless he knows the person already.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Arresty wrote:For example, we sometimes throw shit around at eachother, but a n00b shoudl not trash talk a veteran, unless he knows the person already.
That is so true. ;)
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

That is one that should probably be reinforced into them, cause that is the biggest thing I see happening to the n00bs. We just do a barely flame at all, and then they insult someone. Then all shit hits the fan.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, if you burn someone, they're going to flitch. That's okay though, b/c the more they squirm, the hotter it gets! :P
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

It does get more fun, and I hate when we flame someone and they never post again. I like it when they try to defend themselves, its just too fun. Thank god we don't have an anti-flame policy.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

That’s right. That’s b/c Mindwerk’s Evil Genius forum, and its patrons are just badass like that. That’s how we roll folks. We’re men who pwnz joo!

Damn, was that lame? See what happens when you try to use this leet crap. *sigh* :P
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah, l337 is so not elite. I find people who use it are generally high school hacker wannabes. But it is fun to use sometimes, and useful as well in certain situations, especially for password creation. Hell you could use password as your password and change it up to P4$$\/\/0Rd and even though its spells password, the odds of someone getting that using a library or even brute forth method, is slim.

Though I do love own spelt like pwn or any words relating to that. Just much better to pwn someone in l337, also like n00b.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Sometimes I use ASCII and make it binary to form sentence. That's real leetness. :lol:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

That is extreme leetness. Even better, almost overkill, but in the world of security you can never be too secure.
Ramirez
imanewbie

Post by Ramirez »

Necromancer wrote:Sometimes I use ASCII and make it binary to form sentence. That's real leetness. :lol:
And you guys say how come I use BOLDS and ITALICS?!
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

You dig yourself deeper and deeper into the hole.