your atypical berserk thread about newbies

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Eldo wrote:But anyway, the smell usually wears off when we've seen you around. Even when you reach a high number of posts, you can still act like a newb, and at that stage we refer to those people as 'idiots'.
Example = Buzkashi :P

And as far as the waste of time thing, where else woudl it make sense besides the end of the post? :P Its just not funny otherwise. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gatzz
Mastered PM

Post by Gatzz »

hehe, dont be so hard on Buzkashi, he doesnt deserve that ;)
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I know he doesn't be he is fun to poke at. He fights back, he has had some good lines. Besides he is kicking our asses in posts. That bastard. :P
Gatzz
Mastered PM

Post by Gatzz »

haha, that is true indeed :P
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

*nods
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Arresty: Wow, whats wrong with you? Why you always poking fun at people. You need to just take 2 steps back and get a birds eye view of you're life as a whole. You need to realise that this road that you call your life is full of potholes and cracks ..... kinda an inside joke.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

:shock: WTF.... Went right over my head :roll:
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I just noticed that some newbies and noobs has been attempting to give shit to mods and admins of this place or trying to drive them mad. I just want to say: DON'T DO IT! You'll get massively fucked over! You don't know what they'll capable of! Especially Psi, from what I've heard about him...! :P

So yeah, don't give or attempt to give shit to mods. They'll fuck you up bad. There are 4 golden rules for each category.

HOW TO SPOT A MOD/ADMIN:

1) they have their own custom title
2) they have the compacity and ability to delete and edit your posts
3) they have their own coloured name
4) the other members bow to their might and polish their boots (except Buz, because he's not really a mod, he's a poser. The boy doesn't have any boots, even if he does, he polishes them himself)

WHAT NOT TO DO TO TICK A MOD/ADMIN OFF:

1) Double/Triple posting, use the edit button.
2) Act like a complete dumbshit
3) Directly insulting them, or any members of the group
4) Spamming/make ridiculous posts, like claiming that the admin's your estranged father who is three years younger than you.

WHAT THE ADMIN/MOD CAN DO TO YOU:

1) they can ban you for a period amount of time
2) they can edit your post and belittle you, making you seem like the ultimate fool
3) they give out a decent flaming, they do open a lot of cans of whoopass, believe me
4) they know your IP address, and has the ability to trace where you live, which they can use this information for hiring a dozen assassins dressed as hookers to brutally kill you and rape you.

WHAT TO DO WHEN THE MODS/ADMINS GIVE YOU SHIT:

1) Humbly apologise, and do not repeat the same mistake
2) Bow down to their power, and confess to them that you are dirt, and they are the water that cleanses dirt, etc.
3) Fess up to everything they accuse you off, even if they said you fucked a horse, swallow your pride and admit to having sexual intercourse with the horse during your adolescence, and that you and the horse were too young to understand the situation and the world. Stating that you were both drunk in a barn would help to make your story more believable.
4) Send them candy.

WHAT NOT TO DO IN RESPOND TO A FLAME:

1) Attack them back, stating that you're actually Jesus, and that 'you owe me for dying for your goddamn sins you goddamn pagans'
2) Make baseless and mindless insults, like calling the mod/admin a punk ass little cunt who is still breastfed by their grandma
3) Continue acting like a dumbshit, ignorant to the whole situation and also that the whole Mindwerks community hates you
4) Counter their flame with threats like:

"I have our cat"

Immediately after that post, you suddenly realise a typo and you swiftly post again without editing, making a double post.

"I meant that I have your cat not our cat"

...OR make any other threats relating to the admin's or mod's 'pets', or whatever definition they have for 'pet'.

To sum up, the admin is the GOD AND OUR SOVEREIGN. The mods are like the demi-gods that govern the business of mankind that God cannot be fucked taking care of. What they say doesn't have to make sense or 'fair', you don't have much of a choice anyway. They are not Judge or Jurors, they are the EXECUTIONERS, and their word is da LAW. Submit or DIE, facing a horde of demons in the lower under realms of hell.

Those are the golden rules you should abide to. Follow them and you won't get raped too hard. :P

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

YOU will bow down to me Eldo! :twisted:
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Wow, you put a lot of time and effort into that Eldo, thanks. :D We are generally pretty easy going and almost everything can be settled with an apology, or if someone sends us candy.

Most people's problems seem to stem with the lack of respect when dealing with new groups. This is mostly an American issue where the parents haven't properly taught (trained?) their children to respect others. So they come to new places (such as the forums), and start of like everyone is their friend, they know what is going on, and post away. What they don't realize is that there is an inherited culture and community built up which sometimes can be hard to become associated and have people recognize you as a peer.

This works in all groups, not just forums on the Internet. Americans tend to think that everyone is their buddy and they can go right up to someone (in President Bush's way, everyone) and talk shit. I think the rest of world hates that.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I hate shaking hands. It never works out quite right and just feels awkward. So I stopped doing it. Now friendly people don't like me, thats why I hang out online. I am mostly a lurker but come out to post once in a while and when I do I try not to piss off the regulars, my parents taught me not to spit in other peoples homes.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I am terrified of pissing off regulars in forums.
Thanks Eldo for the tips, I will try my best to be a good poster here at mindwerks. :P
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

modz r not godz!!11!!11 ImageImageImage
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

yeah, we're not gods

we're titans
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Even though it isn't an online game, this seems appropriate:

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yeah, I've seen that on PA. Pretty funny stuff. Not the first time I've seen it though.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Eldo wrote:Yeah, I've seen that on PA. Pretty funny stuff. Not the first time I've seen it though.
You just said the same thing twice.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Heh, yeah. Didn't think too carefully when posting. :wink:

But anyways...

Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

You actually repeat yourself quite a bit...
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Guilty, your honour.

Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I prefer honor sans u. I am not English or Canadian.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I live in Australia, so we include the 'u' in our spelling of the word.

dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

*nods

bunch of weirdos

:lol: :P :lol:
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yeah. I feel weird. Couldn't go to the site this morning, and I found out it works like at 8:30 at night.

Southpaw
PIEZOR!

Post by Southpaw »

Yeah the people psi got to host this site had a major fuck up. Something about a bad hardrive and all their partitions got screwed. I'm sure he'll post something about it later.

Well after he makes them all burn.