Fighters Discussion

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

DarkenRahlX wrote:Dude, I've been spoiled by Street Fighter III. I don't think there is a 2-D fighter with animation as smooth as SFIII. You'd think after 7 years they'd have somthing to surpass even that.
yah its called Guilty Gear.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

halfnhalf wrote:yah its called Guilty Gear.
You are so wrong and you don't even know it. The animation in Guilty Gear is pure garbage. You need proof? Just press down with Sol and watch the crappiest crouching animation ever. Sure, it's high res, but Street Fighter III, heck, Garou with half it's resolution owns Guilty Gear in animation. Trust me on this one.

And Vampire Savior's animation is pretty good too, not that far from SFIII IMO, it's just the shading that knocks it down a few points. The backgrounds in Vampire Savior are probably the most awesome backgrounds in a fighting game ever. After I found that link I posted, I started playing teh romz again, just to remember how awesome the game is.

EDIT: Here is Sol's crouching in case you don't believe me...
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

ah i guess I'm beat, but visualy GG just has soo many things going on at once. Though SF3 is still awsome looking. anyone wanna buy me an arcade stick and SF:AE?
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

best fighting game is dead or alive 3

bounce bounce bounce!
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I also like the Bloody Roar Series. Beast Transforming rules everything.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Necromancer wrote:I also like the Bloody Roar Series. Beast Transforming rules everything.
the newer one is complete crap... or one of the newer ones. but beast form is pretty cool.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

The original Bloody Roar was an AWESOME fighter. Bloody Roar 2 was equally as good...then after that everything just started to rot.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, I can't contest to SFIII being better than GG or not, b/c I've never played it. I love GG though, so there, nyah! :P
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Femto wrote:And Vampire Savior's animation is pretty good too, not that far from SFIII IMO, it's just the shading that knocks it down a few points. The backgrounds in Vampire Savior are probably the most awesome backgrounds in a fighting game ever. After I found that link I posted, I started playing teh romz again, just to remember how awesome the game is.
Vampire Savior is the shizzle. I own it on the Saturn and boy does it look pretty. :P

I can't really get into fighters that are not that deep any more like Bloody Roar or DOA. I used to, but then I started to play a bunch of fighters with some people who are really good.

EDIT - Whoa, almost double posted, any way....

Starnum - 3rd Strike owns GG for free. I suggest you try it. :thumb:
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Man, it's high time Street Fighter IV was released. But I remember Capcom saying they were going to take a break in the development of new 2-D fighters (by that I think they meant creating new sprites). But, what if Capcom decided to take the main series into the 3-D field just to appeal to more fans :cry: I hope that doesn't happen. Could you imagine what SFIV would look like if the transition was as drastic as SFII to SFIII or even SFA to SFIII. My hunch is that they probably won't make a sequal for another 4 or 5 years when Street Fighter II's 20th anniversary roles around.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Libaax wrote:I have had trouble when i faced button mashers in SCII but when i stopped being angry about how easy it is to play good if you just mash the buttons and thought of a way to win, i usually win cause rookies that think they are great if they just mash dont how to defend and i always use that to win. But now it has been a while since i played SC2 so my button mashers for sibling would beat me now.
Im not saying im a topplayer in SC2 but with Sophitia many people have tried to beat me and failed.
I have repeatedly beat button smashers without even gettin hit once. No button masher has ever beaten me or come close. Soul Calibur is about fluidity of movement and style, so as long as u understand that and some of the other finer points of the game, its not to hard to beat some button masher who's making all these jerky movements. A button masher wouldn't even have the sense to move out of the way when you do a power attack since they dont know what the move is. I usually find myself playing with button mashers by doing more complex moves that i couldnt normally do in a regular match.

Button mashing in Soul Calibur II won't get u anywhere against a semi skilled opponent. If u own the game and get beat by some random button masher ... u must really suck. (this isn't directed to anyone in paticular)
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I came in second place in a SCII tournament consisting of over 100 people in Augusta, Georgia in people and my friends button mash and they tear my ass up sometimes. But they know how to defend and what not. I consider myself pretty bad ass cause I play outside my circle of friends who button mash and hold my own pretty well. Now when I pop in VF4: EVO on those bastards they run screaming for their moms cause they know the button mashing crap don't work on there. Samething goes for ANY 2-D fighter I got. You button mash on that, your ass is getting stomped.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I got second place in a SCII tournament consisting of six people! Heh, we were all really good though...*sigh*

I'm better at 2D fighters anyway.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

DarkenRahlX wrote: But I remember Capcom saying they were going to take a break in the development of new 2-D fighters (by that I think they meant creating new sprites).
After seeing Capcom Fighting Evolution, I almost lost total faith in Capcom, they were so LAZY in making that game. Here's how one of the develpoment meetings probably went...

Guy A:"So, let's make a new 2-D fighter that combines some of our fan's favorite fighters and one that no one knows about or gives a shit about."
Guy B: "Hmmm, sounds good, and I have just the game no one cares about, 'Red Earth'!"
Guy A: "What the hell is 'Red Earth'?"
Guy C:"It was like a side scroller adventure game thingy, not really a fighter, but you were on the development team for it, how could you not remember it?"
Guy A:"I used to fall asleep during a lot of meetings back then"
Guy B:"Anyway, sounds good, but you know, making all new sprites is such hard work...I mean, we kinda lucked out because no one noticed that we hardly did any work in CvS2."
Guy C: "Well, we're Capcom, so let's do as little sprite work as possible, what do we HAVE to do do in order to make it look decent?"
Guy A: "Well we have to put in SFII, so new sprites for them."
Guy B:"OK, well Ryu and Zangeif we can use the sprites they had from the Marvel vs Capcom and X-Men vs Capcom games and what not, and Guile and Bison shouldn't be too hard."
Guy A: "Good. OK, SF3, no work to to there, Darkstalkers?"
Guy C:" We will have to do new animations for Dimitri's vampire sodomy special. But that's a lot of work, let's not do anything else, even though Dimitri on his own will look retarded."
Guy A: "Done. Ok, SF Alpha, no changes. Hmmm, we will have to make sprites for the guys from this 'Red Plane-'"
Guy C: "'Red Earth' is the game."
Guy A: "Right, whatever, for this one, how about we try and show people we can make kick ass sprites if we really want to."
Guy B: "All the time we put into those sprites, they won't have much time to make them any good at actually fighting."
Guy C: "Who cares?"
Guy A: "Excellent point! Now, bosses?"
Guy B: "Who else besides old reliable?"
Guy A: "OK, Shin Akuma it is."
Guy C: "How about another Darkstalker? We could put in Pyron, and we won't have to change him at all, since you know, we are Capcom."
Guy A: "Nice. OK, so it looks like we have the makings of a sub-par game that could have had the potential to be great. Nice job gentlemen."
Guy C: "Well, I've gotta go, I've got a meeting with another team to see how many more times we can release SFII before people realize we aren't really doing anything new to them. So far we are up to about 12."
Guy B: "OK, see you later, guess that just leaves the two of us."
Guy A: "Zzzzzzzzzzzz......"
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

DarkenRahlX wrote:I came in second place in a SCII tournament consisting of over 100 people in Augusta, Georgia in people and my friends button mash and they tear my ass up sometimes. But they know how to defend and what not. I consider myself pretty bad ass cause I play outside my circle of friends who button mash and hold my own pretty well. Now when I pop in VF4: EVO on those bastards they run screaming for their moms cause they know the button mashing crap don't work on there. Samething goes for ANY 2-D fighter I got. You button mash on that, your ass is getting stomped.
Were there any big names at this tournament?? We can't really judge how good you are at a game untill we know the people you were fighting against. I have one several tournaments here, but I can't brag about it because every one at said tournaments I have played has sucked.

Well like I said before, too bad Namco does not believe in online play.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Hell no there were no big names ><. This is GEORGIA. But I will tell you this. I get my ass handed to me in SCAD tornaments. It's the damn Asian people...They have strange powers. I'm part white so it hinders my ability to kick ass.

I brag every chance I get when it comes to fighting games. Playing against other people isn't fun if you don't talk the smack, but I do it with honor so I won't get my ass kicked by people.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

DarkenRahlX wrote:Hell no there were no big names ><. This is GEORGIA. But I will tell you this. I get my ass handed to me in SCAD tornaments. It's the damn Asian people...They have strange powers. I'm part white so it hinders my ability to kick ass.

I brag every chance I get when it comes to fighting games. Playing against other people isn't fun if you don't talk the smack, but I do it with honor so I won't get my ass kicked by people.
Ha ha ha ha, I hear ya man, I hear ya.

I would like to think I am a good sport, but some people I just have to talk the smack against.

In one of the tournaments I went to around here, I actually had to play against some dude's mom. That had to be the worst tournament ever, won it clean sweep, they all worshiped me after it. :lol:
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

The most embarrassing thing I've ever had happen to me at a tournament was at a CVS2 tourny. It was my Kim vs. Blanka....AWESOME match. We were down on the last match and the man had gotten me down to practically a "cheese" victory and he had a little less than a third of his life left. He left himself open for one second and I level 3 super'd his ass and tossed my controller down and started celebrating... but when I looked back on the screen all I saw was Blanka walk right up to my character and weak punched him to death. I thought Kim's level 3 did more damage than that ; ;. Everyone laughed at me.

Edit: I got his ass back in the Guilty Gear Isuka tournament we had. A.B.A. = Your ASS!!
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

And that children, is why we practice "Humility" on Sesame Street :wink: . Next, Cookie Monster will tell us how Cookies are only a sometimes food....

Man that would suck to have happen man. Well, that's the last time you are gonna let that happen I hope.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

DarkenRahlX wrote:The most embarrassing thing I've ever had happen to me at a tournament was at a CVS2 tourny. It was my Kim vs. Blanka....AWESOME match. We were down on the last match and the man had gotten me down to practically a "cheese" victory and he had a little less than a third of his life left. He left himself open for one second and I level 3 super'd his ass and tossed my controller down and started celebrating... but when I looked back on the screen all I saw was Blanka walk right up to my character and weak punched him to death. I thought Kim's level 3 did more damage than that ; ;. Everyone laughed at me.
That sucks bro, but yeah, CVS2 can be a fickle beast when it comes to certain characters. I kinda don't like the game because it is ultra tier heavy and shafts the SNK characters. And it is not your fault Blanka is the destroyer of souls in CVS2.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Blanka also eats babies from what I heard. Bastard. Yeah, CvS2 is pretty tough on SNK characters, partly because I think Capcom was drunk or on weed or both when they picked some of the characters from the SNK side.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I don't think it has any thing to do with the characters they selected.

I think it has to do with the fact that they decided to make only a few of them stand a chance.

My favorite SNK character of all time King, (My Current Avatar) was raped beyond belief in that game.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I've always thought of Kim as a cheap character on CVS2, him and Ryo. I LOVE King cause she fights so damn pretty...I don't pick too many Capcom characters on there because they are too boring. Ryu is number one Capcom character no matter what. He was the 1st person I picked on the first fighting game I ever played when I was 7. So I'm biased as hell when it comes to that.

on another note:
Guilty Gear Isuka is pretty damn fun when you have teams of people who know what their doing. But 1 on 1 or single player SUX on that game.
Last edited by DarkenRahlX on Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

It didn't help that they had some abosolutely USELESS characters from SNK. I personally hate Chang from KOF, I could have done without Raidan. Having Todou from Art of Fighting made no sense since his daughter Kasumi from AoF3 till now has his moves and even more, and is a better character. They neglected to put in K', I mean come ON. K'? He's like the new KOF hero, the new SNK hallmark character. They also needed more characters from Garou IMHO. Gato, Jae Hoon, or maybe Tizoc.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I want May Lee from 2002 with her Dragon Ball Z move...she was SOOOO stylish.