Fighters Discussion

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

funny how barely anyone said Mortal Kombat
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Because Mortal Kombat is poo (IMHO) :twisted:
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

While Mortal Kombat is indeed poo, CVS2 really isn't Capcom VS SNK Tempest, it's more like Street Fighter VS KOF with a few added characters from some random games. I think they need more variety to.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Yeah, We all know people like SF2, but we really didn't need avery character. I was saddened that there was only one Darkstalker and one SF3 character (Not counting Ryu, Ken, and Chun-Li) Even though SvC was broken, it had better characters from both companies.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

I still cant under stand the whole SNK characters get 6 buttons instead of 4. Kind of ruins the whole SNK expericence. I know that capcom made it, and thats why they got 6 buttons. I wish they can combine them, but keep their style of buttons (its possible, for Snk and Capcom)
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

halfnhalf wrote:I still cant under stand the whole SNK characters get 6 buttons instead of 4. Kind of ruins the whole SNK expericence. I know that capcom made it, and thats why they got 6 buttons. I wish they can combine them, but keep their style of buttons (its possible, for Snk and Capcom)
When making a fighting engine, you either have 6 or 4 buttons for these games. You can't mix and match. Plus the 6 button characters would most likely dominate the 4 button characters if it could be done.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Ayanami wrote:
halfnhalf wrote:I still cant under stand the whole SNK characters get 6 buttons instead of 4. Kind of ruins the whole SNK expericence. I know that capcom made it, and thats why they got 6 buttons. I wish they can combine them, but keep their style of buttons (its possible, for Snk and Capcom)
When making a fighting engine, you either have 6 or 4 buttons for these games. You can't mix and match. Plus the 6 button characters would most likely dominate the 4 button characters if it could be done.
For me i lost the SNK feel when i had to deal with 6 buttons. Its real hard to do a cross battle if the engines arent the same.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I don't know about the rest of you but Mortal Kombat II was awesome back in the day. To me, it's the best Mortal Kombat ever!!
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

MKII was the best, had the hottest chicks of the MK series :lol:
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

MKII also had the best easter eggs in there too... it was awesome finding Smoke, Jade, Noob Saibot, or learning to turn Shang Tsung into Kentaro. Awesome stuff man!
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

DarkenRahlX wrote:MKII also had the best easter eggs in there too... it was awesome finding Smoke, Jade, Noob Saibot, or learning to turn Shang Tsung into Kentaro. Awesome stuff man!
I remeber MK2 on the game gear was pretty hard and i actually found a way to win and all i did was just be scorpian and use the spear and round house kick. Btw that was when i was like 9 maybe younger, that was technically the first game i ever beat.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

First game I ever beat had to be Street Fighter 2 on SNES when I was 8 or 9. Bison...till this day...was and is insanely hard to beat on there.

The Last Blade 1 and 2 along with Garou Mark of the Wolves will be out on PS2 soon. *I think I mentioned this earlier in the topic* But if they bring that over to NA I hope thy include LB 1 and 2 and also Garou all in the same package. That's the only way they would make money I believe.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Clay fighters was pretty sweet.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Damn man I had completely forgotten about that game. It was pretty damn awesome. Speaking of fighters that haven't been spoken of, Killer Instinct Gold was one AWESOME game too.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Yes, yes it was.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Can't say I thought that Clayfighter and KI Gold were good. I hated those games. Thought every one should play Samurai Showdown II at the time.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Clayfighter was a funny game. It wasn't the gameplay that made it "good" it was the fun factor.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

DarkenRahlX wrote:First game I ever beat had to be Street Fighter 2 on SNES when I was 8 or 9. Bison...till this day...was and is insanely hard to beat on there.

The Last Blade 1 and 2 along with Garou Mark of the Wolves will be out on PS2 soon. *I think I mentioned this earlier in the topic* But if they bring that over to NA I hope thy include LB 1 and 2 and also Garou all in the same package. That's the only way they would make money I believe.
bison was pretty easy with ken. all you had to do was wait for him to attack and then counter with dragon punch :D
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

>< He's still the hardest boss in Street Fighter history to me.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Devil Donovan bitches!

There's also a rumor that a beta test of Samurai Shodown AW will be taking place in April.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

DarkenRahlX wrote:>< He's still the hardest boss in Street Fighter history to me.

Psssssh. Bison has nothing on Gil from SF3. He is a god among bosses, and a cheap bastard as well. On of his supers lets him resurrect after he is beaten :evil:. Also has the Un-Parriable Six-Winged Seraphim of Death super, or the I-Don't-Know-The-Exact-Name Super where a shit-load of fireballs rain from the skies! Bison has nothing on Gill. In fact, me and Ayanami actually made "Gill" a verb for fighting games.

Gill (Gil) v. : To ban the use of a character, usually a boss character, from casual play in a fighting game due to the fact that said character is too good and is unfair to use against any opponent.

BTW Femto - That looks pretty cool, do you think that Devil Donovan will have moves more like Dimitri or like Donovan? Since he doesn't seem t ohave his sword, I would think that he'd play more like Dimitri...
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Tempest wrote:BTW Femto - That looks pretty cool, do you think that Devil Donovan will have moves more like Dimitri or like Donovan? Since he doesn't seem t ohave his sword, I would think that he'd play more like Dimitri...
I have no clue. It's probably a completely different character. I heard that Devil Donovan and an older Anita were supposed to be in Vampire Savior, but they got scrapped very late during the design process. It seems a lot of the sprite work was completed for both, so I'm assuming it's a completely different character and not just some rehash.

Whatever it is, I hope he doesn't play as a shoto.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I don't know man. I beat Gill pretty easily...to me, older fighting games are way harder. Okay okay, SNK bosses are pretty damn buff and worse than Bison. Gill ain't got squat on SNK bosses.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

What difficulty are you fighting Gill at? Guy's a cheating fuck. Or, have someone play him in versus. If Gill don't win, the person playing him is doing something wrong.

SNK bosses are pretty tough, Omega Rugal, Goentz, Orochi. Howver I really liked the fact that the bosses in Garou, Kain and Grant, are playable and are balanced. the only thing that puts Kain over the top is that in the last match with him his T.O.P gauge is his entire life bar.
ImageImage
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I play 6 difficulty and he ain't too bad. My Ryu and Remy are uber. But I don't mess with Gil any further than that cause I get frustrated.

Ok on another note about SFIII...

I love it when I play against a newb and all they do is jump in to attack when they get close. Or people who don't know how to parry or block. I have my SFIII customized so that you can juggle and chain attacks. It's like a very toned down MVC2. So when I lay into a newb they lose almost half their life.