Gatts defeating Griffith?

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

kjutte
imanewbie

Gatts defeating Griffith?

Post by kjutte »

Now that Gatts have his cursed armor, I think we've gotten rid of the brand, and its ability to inflict unbearable pain. But; Griffith is still (virtually?) invounerable. Seemingly, Griffith is immune to physical attacks, and is the brat really powerful enough to invoke such a power that could bring Griffith down?

Theories, anyone? I'm blank.

(I'm a newb, and I couldn't find a thread search!)
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Well Gutts isnt really a "brat" but im sure with the help of SK he could find a way. And I dont think Griffith is "immune" to physical attacks.
Cyclops
imanewbie

Post by Cyclops »

I'm not sure Griffith is "immune" to physicla atacks either, but this is a point where I find I diverge with everyone else I've seen on the boards. I don't find that Guts is Griffith's enemy anymore. He was given a chance to continue on his path towards Griffith or move on with his life with Caska. He chose Caska. Also while he might not be "immune" to physical attacks Griffith can't be beaten with them alone. Even with the armor Guts is only capable of physical assaults and SK stated you need more that to hurt a Godhand(remeber he still can't even come close to beating his nemesis either). No I think Guts' progression is towards the defeat of Zodd. After all he and Zodd are the true opposites here, and it's my opinion that Griffith's true nemesis is Guts' little seen realtive anyways.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Re: Gatts defeating Griffith?

Post by Eldo »

kjutte wrote:Now that Gatts have his cursed armor, I think we've gotten rid of the brand, and its ability to inflict unbearable pain. But; Griffith is still (virtually?) invounerable. Seemingly, Griffith is immune to physical attacks, and is the brat really powerful enough to invoke such a power that could bring Griffith down?

Theories, anyone? I'm blank.

(I'm a newb, and I couldn't find a thread search!)
The brand's has not been rid of, it's still there but it's effects are minimised and at night the impact in has on Guts has virtually 'nullified' (not exactly the correct wording, but.... :? ) He can still feel the pain but it's not as strong as before without the charm. Griffith is virtually invulnerable, since nobody has managed to lay a hand on him, or any of the other God Hand for the matter. But we are not sure that he is immune to physical attacks, since nobody has managed to get close enough to attack him. He also possesses some psychic powers as an added bonus, but we are not sure about Griffith's 'physical' strength.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

you also have to remember that Guts' weapon isnt just physical anymore. it has been forged by the deaths of the 1000's apostles, demons, and et cetra that he has killed, so it has been speculated in the manga that it has been gifted with certain special properties, though not specified what they are. and yea, guts would have to hit griffith first to kill him.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Guts did manage to inflict pain on Slan, so it's probable that the God Hands are not immune to physical attacks, just really hard to kill. That is, of course, presuming that the God Hands are equilavent to each other in terms of power. :wink: But we'll not sure about the God Hand's 'true form', Slan used the troll's intestines as a host.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Eldo wrote:Guts did manage to inflict pain on Slan, so it's probable that the God Hands are not immune to physical attacks, just really hard to kill. That is, of course, presuming that the God Hands are equilavent to each other in terms of power. :wink: But we'll not sure about the God Hand's 'true form', Slan used the troll's intestines as a host.
that and she got quite off from it...
Gatzz
Mastered PM

Post by Gatzz »

Yeah, the intestines which Slan used... still she had nice titties...
Anyway, I dont think we will see Guts defeating Griffith for some time...
kjutte
imanewbie

Post by kjutte »

Buzkashi wrote:Well Gutts isnt really a "brat" but im sure with the help of SK he could find a way. And I dont think Griffith is "immune" to physical attacks.
The brat=schreike
kjutte
imanewbie

Post by kjutte »

Eldo wrote:Guts did manage to inflict pain on Slan, so it's probable that the God Hands are not immune to physical attacks, just really hard to kill. That is, of course, presuming that the God Hands are equilavent to each other in terms of power. :wink: But we'll not sure about the God Hand's 'true form', Slan used the troll's intestines as a host.
Slan weren't in her true form.

The reason I'm thinking Griffith is invounerable to physical attacks is simply because the thousand arrows aimed and fired at him were strayed off like hitting a stone. (or something like that?)

Update: And yeah, SK's a guru. I agree. He's bound to have a solution for this.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Well from what I've seen during the Eclipse...Femto / Griffith would OWN Guts in a fight. Did you see how he crushed the monsters around the Skull Knight just by moving his hands. Another example of Femto's awesomeness is when Guts gets a direct hit with his cannon and it doesn't even phase Femto. If Guts wants to stand a chance against something like that he's gonna need something a little bit more powerful than his new armor.
kjutte
imanewbie

Post by kjutte »

DarkenRahlX wrote:Well from what I've seen during the Eclipse...Femto / Griffith would OWN Guts in a fight. Did you see how he crushed the monsters around the Skull Knight just by moving his hands. Another example of Femto's awesomeness is when Guts gets a direct hit with his cannon and it doesn't even phase Femto. If Guts wants to stand a chance against something like that he's gonna need something a little bit more powerful than his new armor.
I mentioned the armor related with the brand, nothing else.

Can't recall seeing that stuff about Femto crushing them, no - but I will surely check that out.

When Gatts attempted to shoot Femto with his cannon, the astral dimension disappeared. It didn't just stray off.

(I don't know what phase means, but I'm presuming you meant damage.)
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

jus say the words anyone and lock lock lock
kjutte
imanewbie

Post by kjutte »

dos.azn wrote:jus say the words anyone and lock lock lock
Do explain.
What's wrong with my thread?

In my opinion, hearing people's opinions about this subject is quite interesting.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

i think you would find some hints if you read the faqs, rules, and all that god stuff :).
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

dos.azn wrote:jus say the words anyone and lock lock lock
Lock. I don't find anything of interest in this thread, just a bunch of stuff that has been talked about a million times.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

how about threads like this just be left to everyone who is new, and all the veterans who still feel like talking about it :). if you are tired of reading about it then you can just ignore this thread :P but for the onslaught of n00bs, we still feel like talking about it cause its relatively new to us :wink: though im pretty sure my vote can only sway and doesnt really count yet heh
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I guess that's a good point.

*He sighs and puts his key ring away*
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

ban teh n00bs!!11!1

I guess he's right... There has definitely been an onslaught of n00bs lately...
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Thats not a bad idea at all. Though I didnt have too much of a problem with newer members ( notice i didnt use term n00b, come on you can do it too) and there posts. However i think you should wait to be better known to make a thread.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

heh i only used it jokingly though ive atleast found the edit button (though it was hard at first :D) im still new.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

MrFelony wrote:how about threads like this just be left to everyone who is new, and all the veterans who still feel like talking about it :). if you are tired of reading about it then you can just ignore this thread :P but for the onslaught of n00bs, we still feel like talking about it cause its relatively new to us :wink: though im pretty sure my vote can only sway and doesnt really count yet heh
I don't know...I gave my answer in the most polite manner possible. I think if n00bs were to read the locked threads, they will see a pattern emerge from them. I disagree with newbies starting new threads, since they haven't really gotten used to this place yet, and the things they should not say. This discussion has been heard millions of times, that it's almost tiring to start again. But the noobs won't know because they haven't dig around as much.

My opinion is:

I realised I suddenly don't care.

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

You know, I’ve finally decided to say it… No one cares if you don’t like the word “Noob” Buzkashi. We don’t like noobs. It’s supposed to bare negative connotation. That’s the fucking point, so drop it already.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

That's what I told him, but the lad won't listen... :? Perhaps my demeanor was of a joking type...
Last edited by Eldo on Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

"Just because I was young and just because I had no experience....they didn't listen to me. Why did they work for me?" ryuhei kitamura I believe said so when he made his first movie with "professionals"...
I think you shouldn't scare off people just because they are new. everyone needs to get a hang on this. besides calling someone noob is pretty lame and boring....doesn't help anyone.

p.s.: spell check said ryuhei kitamura and noob were wrong...
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince