Sci Fi Shows

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Sci Fi Shows

Post by Libaax »

Which Sci Fi shows do you watch?

I didnt like the genre until i saw Farscape who is by far the best i have seen.

I just finished Farscape so im hoping your guys will talk about the Sc Fi shows you like so i can have something new to watch.

I havent watch the Farscape miniseries who is after the show so no spoilers in this thread.
Gatzz
Mastered PM

Post by Gatzz »

I always watched X-Files... but the genre of the series changes all the time.
Maybe that's why I loved it so much.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Battle Star Galatica -- MMmmm good stuff. Sci-Fi's version of Captain Adama is hardcore.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Is there shows like farscape i mean shows that doesnt look like Star Trek.

I have heard a show named Lexx is it any good.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Dune or whatever.....
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

psi29a wrote:Battle Star Galatica -- MMmmm good stuff. Sci-Fi's version of Captain Adama is hardcore.
i LOVEEEEEEEEE battlestar galactica. theres nothing better than seeing a tv show version of Freelancer, one of my most favorite games. plus cant get enough of that korean chick Grace Park :D :D :D
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I just read that Claudia Black and Ben Browder who played Aeryn and Crichton in Farscape are in season 9 in Stargate G1 that alone is reason enough to start watching the show.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Southpaw
PIEZOR!

Post by Southpaw »

Stargate is a great show, however I would stay away from Stagate: Atlantis. Dune is an excellent movie, but the book by far is superior. I think sci-fi did the second book, Children of Dune into a movie as well but I have not seen it. Stay away from Lexx that show is a pile of crap. Sliders is another good one along with X-files. First wave is pretty good if you can find it. Then there is Dark Skies that one was way pimp. *scratches head* I can't think of any more at the moment.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

X-files is a classic so i have seen 99% eps of that show and i watch somethimes First Wave.
Southpaw
PIEZOR!

Post by Southpaw »

Oh man I forgot Space Above and Beyond, I cant believe I forgot that one. There's just something about watching space marines burn down invading aliens that never gets old. 99% of X-files, man I wish I had seen that much of it. I typically just watch it on sci-fi at 5:00 p.m. I've been thinking about picking up the DVDs so I can see them all and in order so that it makes some sense. We'll see what my wallet says about that though.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Mmmm... Space Marines.... Smace...

Mr. Ermy (Full Metal Jacket) was the Drill Instructor in the beginning of Space: Above and Beyond. That was hot.

Southpaw: I can let ya borrow the Children of Dune, I have the dvds.

Don't forget Babylon5. It is like... StarTrek:TNG but with guns and... bathrooms, because we all know that on the Enterprise, they were holding it for 7 years.
Southpaw
PIEZOR!

Post by Southpaw »

Grr I did forget Babylon 5, now I need those DVDs too, arrghh. I missed like two seasons of it and yeah I'd like to borrow the Children of Dune DVD. Have I seen all your weird sci-fi movies yet?
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

*pukes*...Lexx...bad. As in, 'spoon your eyes out & pump the sockets full of acid', bad.

Random note: Claudia Black is also in the movie Pitch Black

I watched Farscape religiously the first few seasons. Haven't been able to keep up since then tho'...as far as I could recall, it was known as being the first Sci-Fi series 'of its kind'. It really did stand alone in more ways than one, so I'm not sure that there will be anything else 'like' it, for sometime yet...but we'll see...Incidentally, I don't watch tv much nowadays, so I dunno how well the new series' are doing
"Your father sucks the flaking cocks of lepers in the lowest circle of HELL!!!"

..."Does he swallow?" ~Hellblazer

"Imagination is intelligence with an erection"~Victor Hugo

"Life is a disease...Sexually transmitted & fatal"~Neil Gaiman
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Firefly!!!111!!11oneone I need to pick that up on DVD. Watched the first episode, laughed at the end, and was hooked. Great stuff.

Southpaw: You will never see ALL of my sci-fi goodness. It keeps growing *grin*.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

firefly just started on tv here so im gonna check it out.

Starlore: If you liked the begining of Farscape then dont miss season 4 who is by far the best of them. If you watch tv just download it..

Also C.Black is so much hotter in Farscape :D
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

firefly, what a shitty show that was. not only that, it replaced dark angels slot in the Fox schedule cancelling that show, when firefly was even shittier than dark angel plus it had no jessica alba :twisted:
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Mars Attacks! that scared the crap out of me....my uncle lied and said we were going to see 101 spotted dogs(those firefighter ones).
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I love lexx. I think I am the only one in the forum though. Lexx is just stupid though, I think that is why I like it. Stupid and funny. But maybe I am wierd.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Arresty wrote:But maybe I am wierd.
Don't worry man. If it makes you feel any better, I don't know what Lexx is. :P

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I think im gonn pass on Lexx since everyone is dissing it and arresty who likes it calls it stupid ;)
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah it is stupid, but I like that kind of humor. Don't watch it if you want something serious. It is completely lacking in that category. If you want something just funny, and pointless it is worth watching. Lots of sexual humor too, always loved that.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Arresty wrote:Lots of sexual humor too, always loved that.
Heh, yeah, anything with hot chicks usually have me sold. :P I mean, I used to watch Dark Angel and I really didn't care if I watched it mute. :P :oops: Even to this day I have no idea what the show's about.

There's a deficiency of decent Sci-Fi series in my country. They have Galactica, which I'm glad about, but Farscape's usually on too late to warrant any attention to me. :?

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Lexx is Canadian/German or something. But I think primarily Canadian. Plus its much better to watch in Canada then the US, since Canada does not care about censorship like the US does. Lexx would occasionally have stuff on it that the US deemed inappropriate for TV and would just cut out. Annoying.
calvin
Flexing spam muscles

Post by calvin »

i watched a few Lexx episodes. it was definitely weird but i liked it for some reason. what kind of stuff would get cut-out... nude, cursing, that sort of thing? would have been nice to see a few of those chicks in the buff :D
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Mainly nudity. They have them all out on DVD now. Also there is one whole epsiode that I wonder how it got aired in the US, it was called Boomtowm(I think) and they went to a town where all the people did was have sex all day. Girls just walking around nude. They either skipped it down here, ignored the censorship for once, or you just saw that censorship mosaic everywhere. Anyways I watched it mostly in Canada, very little in the US. But I am like you, I just found that I liked it for some reason. Not sure why still.