Rurouni Kenshin - Reminiscence and seisouhen

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

psi29a wrote:
peedu wrote:all i kno is kenshin got the disease from overworking and fighting all his life
Translation, I can't spell or create a complete sentence. Oh, and I watched an OVA once.
Quoted for truthiness.

Btw, you misspelled sentence. :P
darkdarkasian
imanewbie

Post by darkdarkasian »

I know this is an old topic. But it's bugging me that people don't know what 'kenshin" means. A person got both the "ken" and the "shin" right. One of them is sword and the other is heart.. I forgot which :cry: :cry:

But "kenshin" means "heart of swords". I downloaded the OVA a while ago from limewire and it gave the translation. Really bad quality, don't recommend it.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Re: Rurouni Kenshin - Reminiscence and seisouhen

Post by DrPepperPro »

Although the ending of Seisouhen is not as good or well told as the manga's, I don't think it deserves to be called shit. It is still an O.K. ending, just not something that should be considered part of the Rurouni Kenshin universe. And to kind of clear up the stuff about whether or not Watsuki had any say in it, I found this thread from some forum by searching on google (first result).

http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewtopi ... 188b5ace72

The 2nd post has some semi-reliable information, and its good to know it, if its true, that Watsuki didn't design that ending.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Kenshin dies of aids or some crap, leaves Kenji and Kaoru for no good reason, which he totally wouldn't do because he gave up his life as a wanderer, and Kenji legitimately hates his father. Sorry, it's just pure shit, IMO.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Starnum wrote:Kenshin dies of aids or some crap, leaves Kenji and Kaoru for no good reason, which he totally wouldn't do because he gave up his life as a wanderer, and Kenji legitimately hates his father. Sorry, it's just pure shit, IMO.
I was about to say he probably got the STD from you know who (starts with a D), but then I remembered we aren't talking about Berserk.

And he left for China to try to help stop the war or something right? Not sure how, obviously not by fighting, but it is something that he would want to do. Normally he might not give up his family to go do that, but perhaps the disease was messing with his mind at the time and made him think that he hadn't atoned enough yet. Well regardless of whether or not any main story event is plausible, it always come back down to something that was made up.

About Kenji hating Kenshin, well theres this:
but I'm kidding I know it's just a joke.

btw I also like DBGT. From what I know most people who hate it watched it in english. If you watched in japanese though whats not to like? To me at least the style seemed more like DB, with more humor and less fights than DBZ. If you had not been told it wasn't made by Akira Toriyama would you be able to tell? I wouldn't.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I thought you might bring up that very scene, but I'm glad you know it's a joke. Kenji's just a toddler at that point, I'm sure he grows to respect and love his father. Like Watsuki said, Kenshin deserves a happy ending. Anyway, I can smell filler coming from a mile away. I can't really stand it, I mean lets take DBZ for example. Seeing Dabora become a fruity good guy in the after-life was retarded, and it made me sick because I'd rather be watching the action. *shrugs*

Though I would have to say that some of the One Piece filler I've seen is the best, as far as filler goes.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Well, in a interview, Watsuki said he planned a final storyline where Kenji resented his father for giving his sword to Yahiko and tried to mimic Kenshin fighting style just with descriptions of it. He ended up not getting the sword and it was Yahiko´s son who received it in the end. Later he was supposed to form some group to show Kenshin that he and his allies were stronger and more apt to protect their town or something like that. He was supposed to be really fucked up because of that, like a twist between Saitō and Shishio.

He also said that he would probably never write it since he wants to move on. I would fucking love to read it though.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Is this the one where Kenshin cheats on his wife while they're separated and contracts an STD then gives it to her? That is such a dumb way for a samurai to die.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

you misinterpreted it a bit.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The Herald wrote:Is this the one where Kenshin cheats on his wife while they're separated and contracts an STD then gives it to her? That is such a dumb way for a samurai to die.
Close enough, and yes, it's a total filler shit ending. Manga ending, FTW!