Top Ten mangas

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Heh if its dropped it no problem cause both of those mangas are realeas by DH and TP.

I stopped reading the scans cause they took too long to come,so i ordered the the vols i havent read yet.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
TrueRush
imanewbie

Re: Top Ten mangas

Post by TrueRush »

1. berserk
2. one piece
3. battle angel alita
4. blade of the immortal
5. eden
6. the ravages of time
7. hikaru no go
8. hunter x hunter
9. kurozuka
10. tenjou tenge
11. vagabond
12. gantz
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Cool list.
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

I seem to be the only one whose taste's a lil. off.

1. Lone Wolf & Cub and Ohikkoshi
2. PlanetES
3. Pluto
4. G Senjou Heaven's Door
5. Eden - It's an Endless World
6. Blood Alone
7. Yokohama Shopping Trip
8. Hotman
9. Nijigahara Holograph
10. Bokurano
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Atleast you have Lone wolf as nr 1 :)

The rest i havent even read.

I like wierd mangas too just havent found many of them people scanlate or the good different mangas i have read i stop cause the group doesnt care enough to scanlate anymore.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Agarash
imanewbie

Post by Agarash »

1. Berserk
2. Blame!
3. Naruto
4. Vagabond
5. GANTZ
6. Death Note
7. 20th Century Boys
8. One Piece
9. BECK
10. Fortified School
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

1. Berserk
2. OP
3. Naruto
4. Bleach
5. Vagabond
6. Blaster Knuckle
7. Blade of the Immortal
8. rurouni kenshin
9. Battle Royale
10. Ichi
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Haha i have never seen anyone put Naruto in top 3 fav mangas but here there is two people only today :shock:
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Naruto is biulding steam, that and I want to see Sasuke kill Itachi then Naruto kill Sasuke, almost as bad as I want to see Guts kill Griffith... well maybe not that bad.

P.S. I think I will shead a couple of tears of joy when I see Griffith impaled on the Draygon Slayer :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Naruto kill Sasuke!? Heh, yeah right. You know Naruto would never be able to do that.

You know, as much as I hold everything against Griffith and look forward to seeing Gatts bring him down, I'll be sad to see him die. It's one of those semi-complex feelings. I want him to pay for what he has done, but at the same time I wish there was some other way then having to kill him. However, that seems to be the only answer, so it's a sad thing that must be done.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Your Griffith FANBOY :lol:

Hehe it looks like he has played you just like he plays everyone in Berserk. No ones sees the real monster inside until its too late for them.

Why will it be sad to see him die? It will be a good for everyone since it will mean the end of God hand and apostles. Less darker world for the people.

Me ever since i saw what he did to Guts and co in the eclipse i have looked forward to seeing him being impaled by Dragonslayer :)

He is the most evil villain and the most dangerous one i have seen in any story book,manga,movie,anime or whatever.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

1) Hellsing/Dawn
2) Berserk
3) GantZ
4) Gunsmith Cats/Burst
5) Saint Seiya/G
6) Claymore
7) Priest
8) Blade of the immortal
9) Eden
10) Rurouni Kenshin

For the ones confused at the Saint Seiya position, i am a huge greek mithology geek and so it was only natural to me, it´s also pretty awesome for a shounen and with the last movie starting the last oficial arc i almost shot my pants with it. You just don´t fuck with Seiya anymore.

Honorable Mentions

Ranma 1/2 - This one started me in the whole manga crap and while my fanboy kinda died when i saw other better mangas later on, still it´s a long 38 volumes good laugh with nice action when Rumiko really tries, Inu Yasha is fucking trash though.

Crhno Crusade - Imagine a shounen Hellsing with a female lead and more character development, also it has a great ending IMO, happy yet tragic. Aion is one of the greatest antagonists i´ve seen in a manga.

Evangelion - Pretty much the anime, only with more character development and a slighty modified story ( for the better IMO).

Basilisk - Japanese feudal Rome and juliet, the fights are awesome.

Gunslinger Girl - This was a pretty twist for the better when i read it, i had 0 expectations for it when i read the summary of the manga but It was pretty realistic for a story of a group of italian 12 year old girls assassins, the story is mafia/secret organization style but the characters are the best of this manga.

Full Metal Alchemist - Alchemy is cool. Good art, good story which breaks a lot of shounen stereotypes.

Bleach/Naruto/666satan - Bleach for the constant huge amounts of bad ass, Naruto for the story (believe it or not), 666satan....just gets to me for some reason, i only checked it because Albator said the Demons/angels designs were awesome and they are. They really, really are.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Nice to see GANTZ up there. Many people look down on it cause of the SF and pin up girls.

Hehe FMA sounds like its in your top ten how you talk about it.

Priest was stuck in my top ten for a long time than i caught up and no new books came and i forget about the story.....
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

In response to Libaax, I'm not a Griffith Fanboy. If anything I'm a Gatts fanboy. It's not that I don't want to see the end to all the evil that the God Hand has wrought, not by any means. If that means impaling Griffith on the Dragon Slayer, then so be it. However, keep in mind that Griffith wasn't always a monster, he was once a man. Regardless of what people say, I know that he had all the same deep emotions and feelings that everyone has. I even think he was once a good person, even if he selfishly became lost in his own dream. Yeah, I'm a bit of an idealist, but I doubt there's any way to save him. Also, as I've said, I do think he should pay for his sins. The life he imagined as a crippled, something like that would suit him better than death, I think. ;)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

That the fact he is a monster now isnt the problem.

Its the fact ever since he appeared on the manga he had that need for power and to sacrifice anyone for his goals that is to me much more evil than a normal apostle/god hand. They are demons he was human.

I mean he did his horrible deeds as a human, when he sacrifcied his band to become God hand etc

The only time i can see him as good is when he was a kid and didnt know better.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Libaax wrote:Its the fact ever since he appeared on the manga he had that need for power and to sacrifice anyone for his goals that is to me much more evil than a normal apostle/god hand. They are demons he was human.
Not to turn this into a berserk discussion but where was it said that Godhand members where Never human? Slain did say that she hadn't occupied a a body in a long time (if I'm not mistaken).

But this does lead nicely into My list. Since the top of my list do have some sort of tradegy that is influenced by human emotions.

1. Berserk
2. 20th century boys/ 21st century boys
3. Claymore
4. Monster
5. Death Note
6. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
7. CrossGame
8. Honeymoon Salad
9. Mx0
10. Me-Teru no Kimochi
"Context is for Kings"
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Hehe FMA sounds like its in your top ten how you talk about it.
The only reason why it isn´t in my top 10 is because i haven´t read all the released chapters, i´m up to chapter 46 and i already think it´s one of the best Shounen ever made along with Rurouni Kenshin.

Priest was stuck in my top ten for a long time than i caught up and no new books came and i forget about the story.....
The story of Priest isn´t that complex to begin with, it´s easy to remember but yeah, the huge breaks are a pain the ass....but i don´t let it affect it my opinion on my top 10 though, if that were the case, i would take half my the mangas on my list as most of them are monthly.

You should check 666satan out Libaax, if only for the angel/demon designs.
10. Me-Teru no Kimochi

Seriously?

It was nice and all, i had some good laughs with the shit that Shin managed to pull off but the manga is apparently ending in chapter 28 and nothing has been resolved. =/
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Grahf wrote:
Libaax wrote:Its the fact ever since he appeared on the manga he had that need for power and to sacrifice anyone for his goals that is to me much more evil than a normal apostle/god hand. They are demons he was human.
Not to turn this into a berserk discussion but where was it said that Godhand members where Never human? Slain did say that she hadn't occupied a a body in a long time (if I'm not mistaken).

But this does lead nicely into My list. Since the top of my list do have some sort of tradegy that is influenced by human emotions.

1. Berserk
2. 20th century boys/ 21st century boys
3. Claymore
4. Monster
5. Death Note
6. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
7. CrossGame
8. Honeymoon Salad
9. Mx0
10. Me-Teru no Kimochi

What i meant were when we saw the God Hands/apostles they were already demons not thier human version while in Griffith we got to see the worst parts of a human.

Nice Mangas in your list.

Monster i loved. The only reason it isnt in my list is that i havent finished yet. I planned to add when i finish it.

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle? isnt that shonen or shoju or whatever the romantic stuff is called.

Seeing all your list reminds that there are alot of different type of mangas i havent read and i really need new mangas right now.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I see where you're coming from now. But thats what makes Griff's character a good one. He can't be one of those dismissed characters its either love or hate towards him. As much as one could say that his character is evil another could say that everyone knew what they were signing up for when they joined him. Perhaps the fashion in which their fate was sealed wasn't fitting for soldiers and loyal subjects. But its a fate that is to be expected at some point.

About 2 years ago I was bored and decided to start reading romance mangas. I could see where most guys really don't want any part of it. Most of the situations are unrealistic and turn out to be a joke. But the good ones tend to have a touch of realism to it. Thats why I like Honeymoon Salad because I could relate to most of the issues the Main Character has. Except for living with two women. lol

Shoujou is mostly romance mangas I tend to stay away most of the time of course there are a few exceptions. Tsubasa is more of an adventure manga more than anything with a couple of badly explained twist. But the last couple of volumes have been good and I've been sucked in.
Deathbringer wrote:
10. Me-Teru no Kimochi

Seriously?

It was nice and all, i had some good laughs with the shit that Shin managed to pull off but the manga is apparently ending in chapter 28 and nothing has been resolved. =/
I just picked it up the other day so its more of a "new facination" more than anything else. We shall see how it goes towards the end.
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Grahf wrote:I see where you're coming from now. But thats what makes Griff's character a good one. He can't be one of those dismissed characters its either love or hate towards him. As much as one could say that his character is evil another could say that everyone knew what they were signing up for when they joined him. Perhaps the fashion in which their fate was sealed wasn't fitting for soldiers and loyal subjects. But its a fate that is to be expected at some point.

About 2 years ago I was bored and decided to start reading romance mangas. I could see where most guys really don't want any part of it. Most of the situations are unrealistic and turn out to be a joke. But the good ones tend to have a touch of realism to it. Thats why I like Honeymoon Salad because I could relate to most of the issues the Main Character has. Except for living with two women. lol

Shoujou is mostly romance mangas I tend to stay away most of the time of course there are a few exceptions. Tsubasa is more of an adventure manga more than anything with a couple of badly explained twist. But the last couple of volumes have been good and I've been sucked in.
Deathbringer wrote:
10. Me-Teru no Kimochi

Seriously?

I just picked it up the other day so its more of a "new facination" more than anything else. We shall see how it goes towards the end.

Haha i highly doubt they signed on being food for demons when they joined Griffith.

I think Griffith is a great character, the first villain i have felt real hatred for. Which shows how great of evil bastard he is.

The way he treated people and everything he did always made dislike even way before the eclispe.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Libaax wrote: Haha i highly doubt they signed on being food for demons when they joined Griffith.

I think Griffith is a great character, the first villain i have felt real hatred for. Which shows how great of evil bastard he is.

The way he treated people and everything he did always made dislike even way before the eclispe.

Yeah it wasn't fitting for a soldier indeed. I forget where I've read/heard this quote before. But its something to the extent "kill one person you're a murderer, kill millions you're a king". That isn't the exact quote but that is what his ambition lead him towards and those that signed up had to know that he/she was a pawn on his grand chess board. Of course that doesn't make what Griff did right. But really that doesn't make him evil either.
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

If killing people doesnt make you evil what does?

Sure ambition is alright if you dont kill alot people to gain and to become a monster......
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

So all you have to do is kill people to be evil now? So guts "just following orders" and killing thousands excuses him? In the setting that the story is set in its obvious that killing isn't an unusual thing. Actually its quite abundant so the whole Killing = evil blanket statement makes almost everyone evil. The intention is what makes difference mon ami. Griff made a selfish, childish, cowardly decision but really I'm not going to dubb him evil for one decision. He is a Leader and his close relationship with his soldiers were rather unusual. Most leaders tend to distance themselves from the foot soldiers. Makes it easier to send them off to die. But as I said they all signed up to be Griffith's pawns. Of those that died during the Eclipse they followed him to the end.

Again he isn't saint but he isn't a devil neither. He is human.
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

What was Griffith a soldier when he sacrificed his friends?

Was he a hunter of demons like Guts ? There is a difference beteween in killing wars like a soldier and killing apostle like Guts does and what happened to the hawks in the eclipse.

I didnt say he was a devil but he was a horrible human even before the eclipse. Before that he was only a weak bastard.

Too me Griffith was evil even before he became a god hand. It was just he was good at hiding who he really was when he had the power of the hawks.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Libaax wrote:Too me Griffith was evil even before he became a god hand. It was just he was good at hiding who he really was when he had the power of the hawks.
Agreed. He needed people to sacrifice in anyway. Wheter it was on the battlefield or elsewhere. Thats the nature of a "king". The thing that makes Gutts different than the Hawks is that he wasn't there for Griffith. He was there for everyone else where as the rest of the Hawks were there for Griffith. Remember Griffith's conversation with the Princess he that he didn't consider them friends anyway. So them being sacrificed was a forgone conclusion it was just a question of "how".
"Context is for Kings"