Top Ten mangas

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Re: Top Ten mangas

Post by The Prince »

Can someone explain to me people's fascination with BLAME! and all its counterparts?

IMO not only is it slow, but I find it very hard to follow. With little explanation regarding what is happening, I have been left reading through chapters scratching my head over what is going on.

And in regards to the mega structure, where is all the material being generated to make it? Since matter can't be created out of nothing, how does something get built to reach the moon's orbit?

And wouldn't something that massive screw up the planetary orbits of the solar-system? :?
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Xandarg
Mastered PM

Post by Xandarg »

I tried reading BLAME! quite awhile back but couldn't get into it (I just remember being bored and confused). However, I'm reading Biomega now and I really like it. Either I'm more mature now (lol) or it has more action than BLAME! did. What I like most about Biomega is the art style; some of the two page spreads show such a mastery of foreshortening and perspective that I wanna kill the mangaka out of pure jealousy. Also, the panel to panel progression has a real emphasis on the speed of movement, which is cool and different. Sci-fi plot is interesting as well, I'm looking forward to seeing what the future of humanity will be (I like all that human evolution jazz; reminds me of evangelion and the human instrumentality project. I doubt everyone will burst into amniotic fluid this time around though... Weird...)
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

1. Berserk
2. Death Note
3. Full Metal Alchemist
4. One Piece
5. Welcome to the NHK
6. Hellsing
7. Elfen Lied
8. Biomega
9. Zetman
10. MPD Psycho
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

Berserk
Suikoden III
Claymore
Gunnm
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

1 Berserk
2 Deathnote
3 Dragonball Z
4 Deus Vitae
5 I"s
6 Hot Gimmick
7 Hana Kimi
8 Ceres
9 Fruits Basket
10 Ranma 1/2

What can I say, I'm a sucker for the goofy romances.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

There's a Dragonball Z manga? I thought that was straight to anime. Does Goku spend 6 volumes powering up a Genkidama there too? 8)
Xandarg
Mastered PM

Post by Xandarg »

Aetherfukz wrote:There's a Dragonball Z manga? I thought that was straight to anime. Does Goku spend 6 volumes powering up a Genkidama there too? 8)
7, but his righteous inner monologue keeps each page fresh. 8)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Dude, the Genkidama is extremely powerful. I mean, the one he used to kill Buu had an estimated power-level of like 30 billion. That's gonna take a while to achieve, especially if you're waiting on people to give up their energy. ;)
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

In that regard DBZ almost felt like an MMO, where they had to level or grind until they were powerful enough for the next fight :D

That reminds me of a cool Quake 3 mod - Bid for Power. You could do meelee and teleports and all kinds of ki attacks, but the coolest was Non-Supersayan Goku because he had the Genkidama as the last "weapon". And you could charge that thing as long as you wanted to, and it grew ever fatter. So once my Genkidama was biggen than the whole level itself and upon release just annihilated like 30 people/bots in the level :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

That sounds cool, and appropriate. Yeah, my all-time favorite ki attack in DBZ, was when Vegeta used his Final Flash on Cell. He must have charged that thing for nearly the whole episode. They'd just cut back to him, and he'd be in a different pose still powering up. Heh, all the while Cell is just supposed to stand there. LMAO, like yeah right! Then the bastard still ended up moving, despite how "perfect" he was. Still lost nearly half his body though, it was great. That attack was sick. I mean, when you can release a flare of energy that towers off the planet, and dissappears into space...I mean, that shit's crazy. At that point, who cares if you're the strongest or not, I mean...isn't that good enough?
Xandarg
Mastered PM

Post by Xandarg »

Starnum wrote:...isn't that good enough?
No, even being a Super-Saiyan isn't good enough. Nor is Super-Saiyan 2, 3, or even 4. What you want is an SSJ4 Golden Oozaru Bebi Vegeta... Ya, now that's power.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

I always thought the coolest DBZ attack (besides Majin Vegetas suicide bomb) was Tenshin-han's Neo-Tribeam. Especially when he held Cell in a cell (pardon the pun) by attacking him with it through an entire episode.
Xandarg
Mastered PM

Post by Xandarg »

Aetherfukz wrote:I always thought the coolest DBZ attack (besides Majin Vegetas suicide bomb) was Tenshin-han's Neo-Tribeam. Especially when he held Cell in a cell (pardon the pun) by attacking him with it through an entire episode.
Ya, I vaguely remember that. How was he able to do that? Was it something inherent to the technique? Because I thought he was pretty weak at that point in the story (basically anyone not a villain or saiyan became worthless after the freeza arc).
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Yes that was one of the reasons why I liked normal Dragonball better than DBZ, at least after the Freeza saga, only the Sayans could fight. But Tenshin-hans Tribeam had the feature that he had to power his own life force into the beam to power it up. So at the cell incident he gave his life (just as with Nappa when he killed Chao-zu) while holding cell in place with his most powerful tribeams. But of course he got rezzed shortly after :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, it was a particular aspect of the power, and he still had to keep using it over and over in order to hold Cell with it.

As for DBGT, well I tend to deny its existence, it was so bad. Yeah, so I can't really...I'm sorry, what were we talking about again? :P
Xandarg
Mastered PM

Post by Xandarg »

We were comparing power levels.... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well...we could...but I don't know. My spiritual pressure is enough to crush a n00b. I don't wanna hurt anyone. :P
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Starnum wrote:My spiritual pressure
It's over nine thousaaaaaaaand!

Sorry, couldn't resist :D
Xandarg
Mastered PM

Post by Xandarg »

Starnum wrote:Well...we could...but I don't know. My spiritual pressure is enough to crush a n00b. I don't wanna hurt anyone. :P
Aetherfukz wrote:
Starnum wrote:My spiritual pressure
It's over nine thousaaaaaaaand!

Sorry, couldn't resist :D
Pfff, you think you're stronger now, but little did you know I've been posting this entire time whilst wearing my weighted clothing!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

My armor is probably heavier, and my power level is WAY over nine thousand. :P
Lucifer
imanewbie

Post by Lucifer »

01.Berserk
02.Eden
03.GantZ
04.Blade of the Immortal
05.GTO
06.Kiseijuu aka. Parasite
07.Akira
08.Historie
09.REAL
10.Shin Angyo Onshi
10.Blame
10.Sidooh
hai
imanewbie

Post by hai »

hi everyone, i'm a new bie here.
Did all you guys forget Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, Rurouni Kenshin, Dragon Ball, or Detective Conan and Mitsuru Adachi's such as Rough, Touch, Katsu ... All of them are damn good. And now I'm reading Battle Royale, very bloody, but if you don't mind that, it's a good read.
For romantic genre, i've read and liked Maison Ikkoku, Kimagure Orange Road, I''s, Ichigo 100%, Video Girl Ai.
Btw, thanks all Evil Genius members for bringing us Zetman scanlation, and sorry all of you if this post annoying.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ranma was good for a while, but then like Inuyasha, it failed to go anywhere. Rumiko Takahashi seems to have a serious fear of resolving anything in her mangas. Ranma and Akane never get married, and Inuyasha and the gang never defeat Naraku. At the end of those series, nothing has really changed. Meh, no thanks. Kenshin is one of the best series ever though, it's on my top ten list. I also don't like Shojo manga. As for Zetman, it's pretty decent, but you should check out Berserk, it's by far, the best manga ever. Heh, it's pretty damn bloody though, but most of us around here like that sort of thing. In fact, it goes beyond bloody into down right demented carnage, but it's got a really awesome plot and art though, so give it a read sometime. We're glad you like Zetman, but Berserk is what we're most proud of scantilating around here, it's like our flag ship.
darkdarkasian
imanewbie

Post by darkdarkasian »

Xandarg wrote:What I like most about Biomega is the art style; some of the two page spreads show such a mastery of foreshortening and perspective that I wanna kill the mangaka out of pure jealousy. Also, the panel to panel progression has a real emphasis on the speed of movement, which is cool and different. Sci-fi plot is interesting as well, I'm looking forward to seeing what the future of humanity will be (I like all that human evolution jazz; reminds me of evangelion and the human instrumentality project. I doubt everyone will burst into amniotic fluid this time around though... Weird...)
Well if you did get into Blame! a while back when you were little. The artwork in Blame! in my opinion is really better then Biomega. In Blame! Nihei Tsumoto artwork progresses throughout the manga. Blame! artwork is amazing, truly astounding. Trust me, if you read Blame! throughout. It's only 10 volumes. You would see that the artwork is better then Biomega. Since you already like Biomega.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Fujin's top ten!

1. Berserk
2. Gantz
3. 666 satan
4. Naruto
5. D. gray man
6. Bleach
7. Death note