ALL BERSERK FANS with PS2s - ENGLISH Translation! HELP vote!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

NoNickName
imanewbie

Re: ALL BERSERK FANS with PS2s - ENGLISH Translation! HELP v

Post by NoNickName »

Maybe you know about this, but here is almost complete walkthrough of this game with english subtitles. Gameplay and cutscenes.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ature=plcp
Moyt
imanewbie

Post by Moyt »

Yup a lot of us know of these vids, and was also in contact with the user 'reigan42'. Even from the first attempt at a translation patch for the game years back (by Transgen).
This person still strongly supports a translation patch for the game, and I'm hoping his work will also be of great use should this project kick off :)
NoNickName
imanewbie

Post by NoNickName »

Is he going to finish his videos? I found them just recently and started watching them. I heard it is not complete yet and he is even slower than Miura in releasing new chapters :(
Moyt
imanewbie

Post by Moyt »

It's something you're better off asking reigan42 directly on his YouTube. Around 7 videos or less to go for him from what I last remember, but how long to complete I couldn't tell you sorry.
Moyt
imanewbie

Post by Moyt »

Wow and to think on my return I would see Berserk totally ass f*&^*d on the polls.
Hopefully now the polls won't matter too much after some positive responses from Kirameki. But still..... to think such a mass of Otome fans exist to overthrow Hell :lol:

I just pray that the next translation doesn't involve playing as a female character who seeks out pretty boys. Because us violent blood thirsty Berserk fans don't need to wear pink dresses and seek out men....right? Right???????? Haha.

Speaking of Berserk fans, where the hell are the rest of you!?!? Get voting! :D

On a kinder note, thanks again to all who have supported Berserk 8)
Romdeau
imanewbie

Post by Romdeau »

Are the creators of this poll trying to break the longest duration poll record or something? I remember voting for this thing months ago and it's still up.
Moyt
imanewbie

Post by Moyt »

Maybe :D
Just expect it to be around for a lot longer than expected, while they are still working on 'Captain Rainbow' Wii game translation.
Nya
imanewbie

Post by Nya »

want to play Berser for months

More than VOTED. o/
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Berserk (ps2) 836 19.56 %

Good... second place.
AshTrai
imanewbie

Post by AshTrai »

hmm i actually have the Berserk PS2 game. Would love to see a translation patch ^^
From what i remember playing of it, it was quite fun :D
I didn't play it for very long because not being able to understand a single word became discouraging.
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

I have it too, I like it better than the movies lol (the way the story continues after the old anime, but with the same cast... Priceless).
Moyt
imanewbie

Post by Moyt »

Well screw my thread here now!
As most of you probably know (or at least I'm assuming), an English & Italian patch has now released recently!!! THANK FUCK FINALLY!
Kudos to this guy here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrShinobu90 ... e=mhee#p/a

Though if you're using an emulator like PCSX2 it's not too great with the glitches. Though this should work fine burning onto disk and then on the PS2 console.

Here's some screen shots I took playing it today:

I guess who ever is interested should give it a blast and give any feedback to help that user improve their work.

Have fun slaughtering :D
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Wow, nice. I'll definitely check this out later when finals are over. Do the patches come with instructions on how to apply them?
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Lukis
imanewbie

Post by Lukis »

Fantastic news,guess I will finally take out my old hacked PS2 slim and give it a hard time. Also instructions how to apply patch is in rar file ,I copied links with ad's ,just skip them, the guy at least will get some money from this as tnx for hard work.
http://adfoc.us/8631010815726- Eng patch
http://adfoc.us/8631024274388 - Ita patch
Clannad- it punches your heart in the face
"Panties, Panties, Panties" - Chii (Chobits)
"How did I pass? She beat me like I owed her money. " - Ichigo (Bleach)
Death is certain, the hour is not.
Moyt
imanewbie

Post by Moyt »

A few tips for those wanting to run this on the PS2 emulator PCSX2:
- set the renderer to software mode. Now you can see all the cut scenes, with no graphical glitches. The downsides to software render however is the graphics quality looks more native, and nowhere near as crisp as hardware mode. The other is it puts a lot more stress on the CPU.
Luckily I get 60fps constant. However big special moves from bosses, and huge powered sword swings by Guts can easily cut those frame rates below 30fps in an instant.

Those screen shots I took in the above post was in hardware render mode. That quality will not be the same in software mode. The major downside using hardware mode is you can't see the damn cut scenes; everything is black and all you can hear is the music and voices. You have to press start to skip it all till you get to the in game play. The other being that the map, enemy energy, and other info has graphical glitches.

PCSX2 still has long ways to go for compatibility and improvement but works flawless for a high percentage of games!
Unfortunately it's not liking Berserk as much as I hoped it would.
But like I say if you stick to software render mode then you're all good other than the odd flaws mentioned above.
Otherwise dust off the good old PS2 :P

Have fun! :D
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

This is great news. I'll spread the word, and perhaps I'll have to give the game another run myself.
Thepunisher420
imanewbie

Post by Thepunisher420 »

So I have this patch, I for the life of me cannot get this thing to work! It is extremely frustrating. I have tried using the ppf o matic utility that comes with it, but the game is still in Japanese for me! I am using PCSX2, should I be doing something else? Is there another file of the game I am not seeing somewhere or something? I am very frustrated and confused at this point lol. It looks like it should be so easy, but I guess its not.
hadi
This is my new home

Post by hadi »

ps2 noob plea:
someone who has worked out how this thing works, please post step-by-step process for us newbies. For the love of Guts, help us :D
Moyt
imanewbie

Post by Moyt »

You guys still struggling?? Sorry I don't have notification response here. If you go to the guys YouTube channel here -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGYwNyhR ... 6ezRbdcseQ

You will find a bunch of people also having difficulty making this game work somehow (read the video comments). Mainly due to the incorrect iso size they created or downloaded.
If you're still having trouble let me know here. Even so there should be enough help given on the video comments page.
Moyt
imanewbie

Post by Moyt »

Berserk fans and friends....
NEW ENGLISH AND ITALIAN PATCH for the PS2 Berserk game NOW RELEASED!:

Give it a blast! Please share the news, like the person's page and give any feedback on their YouTube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_hiTRC2 ... 4vTyICjarg
Moyt
imanewbie

Post by Moyt »

Berserk ps2 english patch v1.0 by Wesker90

***Note: Apply this patch on the "original clean ISO" not on an already patched one.

Changelog v1.0:

Completed the translation.
Improved translation.
Fixed the freeze in the mansion and in some other movies on the ps2 console.
Adjusted the position of some other phrases.
Fixed some bugs.
Improved movies.
And other little things.

Found:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw2HLDpoGNc

Please like and support thanks :wink: