E3

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Aluja
Mastered PM

E3

Post by Aluja »

I am disappoint...

And Mr Caffeine is a retard. Also, FFXIII-2 is a flawless milking...

The only gem I saw was "Asura's Wrath" booo at the new DMC, that "Dante" looks like the gay producer...
brunoafh
This is my new home

Re: E3

Post by brunoafh »

Asura's Wrath might actually be a sleeper. I dismissed it as a bs God of War clone right away, but someone suggested I watch the reveal trailer and I think it's got potential. Did you see Dragon's Crown? That's about the only good thing that came out of E3 this year.
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

YES!!! A bit too much jiggle but still amazing, loved Odin's Sphere.

Another PSV title "Gravity Daze" which is also looking amazing .
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

Yes, the character design is a little too over the top for me... but Vanillaware games are always amazing. I'm sure this will be great too. Who doesn't love a good old school beat em up?
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I was excited for the MGS and Silent Hill HD collections until I saw that neither of them were complete or even attempted to be collections at all. The MGS HD collection only has MGS2, 3 and Peace Walker (no MGS1, 4, Twin Snakes or Portable Ops) and the Silent HIll HD collection only has SH2 and 3 (no SH1, 4, Origins or Homecoming).

Fuck Konami.

Also, this next video blew my mind, I don't understand how this wasn't a major part of Sony's conference:

"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

No HD collections feature PS1 games to my knowledge. I'm not sure why exactly, perhaps there are upscaling issues and porting them would require too much work? The PS3 has a PS1 emulator/hardware though, so maybe I'm wrong.

The Silent Hill collection is going to feature completely redone voice overs (which probably kills it for me), so that kind of explains why 4 is left out maybe. Too much work/time/money to record so many voice overs? Origins and Homecoming are still getting printed and selling copies though so that's that.

The Metal Gear Solid collection looks pretty appealing. MGS 2, 3 and Peace Walker (with dual analog stick control) in HD with 5.1 support sounds mighty fine. I don't think even a dual layered blu ray could fit all of the games you mentioned on 1 disc though. Not including MGS 1 and Twin Snakes, all of those games are current gen and still producing copies though. I think that eliminates any possibility of re-releases. This could be a possible reason why MGS 1 isn't included. Twin Snakes though, that game was pretty awful. I can live without it. I might buy this new if it launches at $40-50.
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

Hmm, still it contradicts itself "Collection" I can forgive them for not including MGS4 but to not include the first game is just wrong....Why was Twin Snakes awful by the way? I always wanted to play it, but I had this dislike for the gamecube lol, never understood why it didn't come to the PS2.

"might happen" isn't that convincing to be honest....But I do like the direction, if it happens...

I was more of a Resident Evil player, so I never tried Silent Hill, except the one on the PS2 where you play as a blonde girl.

I can understand why you liked that video WarMachine heh...I don't play any shooters with my friends, just fighters, shooters we do online, so I have no use for it, but it does look amazing.

I really still can't believe this is happening....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HBzTpdd ... re=related

He literally looks like the homo producer.....And that video cracks me up.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

FFXIII-2 may be obvious milking, but that's nothing new from Square-Enix. I'm still looking forward to it though, and honestly, they had plans to make it and were publicly discussing it before they even released the original.

I'm also very excited for "Assassin's Creed: Revelations". I'm a huge fan of the series.

Okay, this is the first I'm hearing about this DMC reboot, but WTF!!! Why the fuck are they redesigning Dante, and he seriously does look like this emo producer guy. That's total BS. I may have to boycott this game on principle alone, but we'll see.

It's too bad that those collections don't include all of the main older games from the series, but it's pretty cool that they're bringing Peace Walker to the PS3. Also, I love Resident Evil as much as the next survival horror fan, but Silent Hill is great! They're almost not even comparable. Silent Hill is all about the mood and the horror aspect, Resident Evil has basically evolved into a shooter that just happens to have some horror elements. You really owe it to yourself to check out the series, Aluja. :)

That full-screen / split-screen thing is really cool! The first thing that came to mind when I saw that, was that it would be a great way to play games like "Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers", because then you could play a match against a friend on the same console/TV without being able to see the other person's cards. I'd really like to see this game and others like it utilizing this technology in this way. So you can already do this with any game, you just need a 3DTV? Huh, well it's still pretty cool, but I look forward to seeing new games including features with this technique in mind. Should result in some interesting in-game mechanics. I'm sure there's a lot of wild stuff they can come up with for different games if they really get behind it and put their minds to it. Unfortunately I still don't even have an HDTV. I play my PS3 on my computer monitor because it's HD. Thankfully it's a pretty big monitor.
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

I'll think about the upcoming collection then.

On another note, why is no one gawking at Ninokuni? That game is being made with a feeling, exactly what I need right now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUYVdRxgED8