Prediction of Gut's New Allies

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Thegreensquid
imanewbie

Post by Thegreensquid »

I may be overanalysing, blame my proffessors. Though, I'm not trying to overanalyse so much as trying to find out the pattern and point it out because I think it's interesting. Most writers and artists have a pattern to their story telling. Ok, not most, EVERY story teller has a pattern. From Shakespear to Stephen King, all have a pattern. Some are painfully obvious... and I shall not mention them.

Infact I editted out the title I was going to mention because I'm afraid people will focus on that title and say "You're comparing Berserk to that!"

and for the second, and hopefully last time, I don't think Casca will commit suicide I think she will attempt suicide. Attempt is the key word. Attempt Attempt Attempt Attempt a-t-t-e-m-p-t She's tryed to before.
The Donovan incident was brought up in the sex scene because Guts still have problems with his 'sexual experience'. Seeing Casca moan and scream reminded him of his younger self, and that brought it up. Since Guts was traumitised as a child, the experience still lingers on him. At the very beginning when Guts was a mercenary, he still wouldn't let people touch him, because of the whole Donovan thing.
You're right. I don't disagree with you in the slightest. However, that doesn't mean that there aren't undertones that pertain to the rest of the story. Like I said, I may be wrong, but it's one of those things that only time will tell. So I may be right.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Thegreensquid wrote: and for the second, and hopefully last time, I don't think Casca will commit suicide I think she will attempt suicide. Attempt is the key word. Attempt Attempt Attempt Attempt a-t-t-e-m-p-t She's tryed to before.
Huh, what? I know you mean attempt. But the sentence you wrote here:
Thegreensquid wrote:Either with Caska's death or relapse in to insanity.
This specifically says that it may somehow involve Casca's death by suicide, or by something else. We know you didn't mean Casca will commit suicide, but that didn't escape my notice. And we were just talking about that aspect of Casca's death, whether it was suicide or not. :wink:
Thegreensquid wrote:You're right. I don't disagree with you in the slightest. However, that doesn't mean that there aren't undertones that pertain to the rest of the story. Like I said, I may be wrong, but it's one of those things that only time will tell. So I may be right.
Keep on hoping, indeed, anyone could be right for the time being. :P

Oh, where are my manners? :x I forgot to welcome you. Pleased to have you onboard. Welcome to EG.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Thegreensquid
imanewbie

Post by Thegreensquid »

This specifically says that it may somehow involve Casca's death by suicide. We know you didn't mean Casca will commit suicide, but that didn't escape my notice. And we were just talking about that aspect. :wink:
That doesn't, as you say, "specifically" focus on death by suicide. Just death.

Eh, I'm just saying it's possible she could die. And I wasn't referring to JUST suicide. *booming ominous voice* You know the forces of darkness are after the branded woman as well. *cough, goes back to normal* He could lose his reason to hold back. I mean, this whole manga is sooooo dark and filled with despair. If Muira really wants to hammer that feeling home, he could concievably kill off the one light in the main character's world.

Now I say that with this addition: I don't think that will happen, I'm throwing it out there as a possibility.

I also forgot to mention that she might just leave. But I believe that was touched on earlier. I think my main point was that he's going get her back, then lose her. Adding even more fuel to the fire of his rage against Griffith.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Thegreensquid wrote:
This specifically says that it may somehow involve Casca's death by suicide. We know you didn't mean Casca will commit suicide, but that didn't escape my notice. And we were just talking about that aspect. :wink:
But you focused on suicide, and that's what I was addressing.

Eh, I'm just saying it's possible she could die. And I wasn't referring to JUST suicide. *booming ominous voice* You know the forces of darkness are after the branded woman as well. *cough, goes back to normal* He could lose his reason to hold back. I mean, this whole manga is sooooo dark and filled with despair. If Muira really wants to hammer that feeling home, he could concievably kill off the one light in the main character's world.

Now I say that with this addition: I don't think that will happen, I'm throwing it out there as a possibility.

I also forgot to mention that she might just leave. But I believe that was touched on earlier. I think my main point was that he's going get her back, then lose her. Adding even more fuel to the fire of his rage against Griffith.
Hehe, I know that you may not have meant her death as suicide, which is why I edited my post. But it was an assumption since you were focusing on suicide, and your statement about her death was seemingly linked to it, and didn't specifically state her death by other causes. :wink: But now that's clarified...

You see, I stand by what I say if Casca dies, Guts will lose most of his motivation to fight. It could, however, lead to more anger towards Griffith and as you say, 'add fuel to the fire'. But I don't think she will die when she regains her sanity. Like you say, anything's possible, but I could say the same for something like 'Puck will use the behelit' or other 'probable causes' like that. It's really about the odds of that happening, I guess. But I see your point, though.

And now I'm leaving... 8)

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Gatzz
Mastered PM

Post by Gatzz »

I see your point.
It is the unexpected what you throw in as possibilities.
To be honest, I didnt think "he"* would kill a charachter as Judeau...
We all know he did, and although we all felt sorrow for the charachter loss, the story strenghtened by it.

We dont know if there will be any other/new losses from Guts group.
I dont think he will take Caska away from the story though, she is just too important.

EDIT: *he = Miura
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah Judeau was a great characther but his death made the manga better.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Hmm it seems this turned from a prediction of allies to just plain old predictions....so I guess I'll throw one of my own out there. But before I continue, I think I read something that if Caska dies Guts would lose all interest in his fight against the demons. I think Caska is a big part of the picture, but he's also fighting for the old Band of the Hawk members. I think Caska's death would only make him whoop more ass. Even though this isn't all about her...I don't see her dieing off anytime soon.

O.K.! On with my predicition^^! I don't think that Guts will continue to use this armor later on down the road. I believe that in maybe 3 or 4 more volumes he will do away with it and use his own strength to fight against God Hand and the Apostles. Guts isn't the type of person that strikes me as one that relies on magical weaponry and armor to help him in his fight. If I'm wrong and he does continue to use it over a long period of time I doubt that he will end up dieing or turning into anything remotely close to the Skull Knight. I also believe in Volume 29 he isn't even wearing the enchanted armor, but I don't remember. So maybe it will only be something that he uses to fight Apostles / Godhand members only. Well if anything I believe Guts' son (whoever thinks that's not his son in volume 28 is a doo doo head) will somehow protect him for the strenuous power of the armor in someway.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I’m glad to see the two newbies are intelligent, that’s so rare. Welcome to Evil Genius guys. However, I still don’t get the attraction to sit around and try and play fortune-teller, or psychiatrist. Why do we need to make predictions? Trust me, it takes you at least a bit of effort and time to write these essays, and even more time than I wish to spend reading on them. It’s not that they’re bad; it’s just that, nine times out of ten, it’s wrong. Don’t take that the wrong way, but it ends up being more work than it’s worth, at least in my opinion. I understand though, I used to do it myself. However, keep this in mind, everyone is different, and most intelligent people think at least a bit differently than everyone else. You can’t safely predict exactly what Miura is going to do. You might get close, or you may even get it right, however, chances are you won’t. I don’t know; for me it always seemed like I had gone through all of that effort, just to be proven wrong, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Man, if you guys really want to sit around and speculate, it would be nice to keep it all confined to one thread. *Shrugs*
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Well I'm scared to start a new thread about predictions because i don't want to get jumped on by some of the veterans here.

And you're right about the predictions thing. Instead of saying they are my predictions I should instead say they are my "hopes" for the direction I want the series to take. Which is what most peoples predictions, but it is fun just to imagine while waiting for new volumes!^^
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Well I'm Glad you didnt make a new thread. Cause even if its a good thread its not a good idea for somone relatively new to make one. Hope you stick around
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

man green my old english teacher would love you, your analyzation of Berserk fits well in with all the writers intentionality and what not. even though Muira might not have meant to put all those patterns and what not in his manga, they are there and have been argued that they could have developed through subconscious and/or genius :). I dont really feel like have an English discussion though :wink:
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

i wonder if an apostle will ever be his ally
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I wouldn't be surprised if Femto turned on the Apostles.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I would be, but I’m not ruling it out as a possibility.
Lel
notanewb

Post by Lel »

Hmm... now that I think on it, I wouldn't be surprised if Femto turned on his Apostales. I mean, he sacrificed the (first) Band of the Hawks so if he had a good enough reason he would easily sacrifice his Apostales.

In fact, going on that train of thought, he might even go as far as betraying the Godhand... unlikely, but it seems to fit him. I mean, the Godhand are also planning something and I don't see Griffith as someone who would share the world with four other beings.

Also, Ricket is going to play a HUGE part later on, I swear it.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

I doubt Guts will be accepting as much because as he said, Ricket isnt allowed to hate Griffith. I still see Guts as being torn between hating and loving Griffith. but Ricket has already been important in the creation of Guts' hand, and will probably be key in the maintenance and creation of Guts' weaponry.
Lel
notanewb

Post by Lel »

Just had a thought...

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?

Well, Kushan are against the Neo Band of Hawks so hmm...

Maybe Gutts and Silat will help out, or at least not kill each other, but I wouln't be surprised if the Emporer of the Kushan played a very important role (like distraction for Gutts and co.?)
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Silatt doesnt like the Gashinka though.. I do think that they will team up in one way or another though
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Starnum wrote:Well, I’m glad to see the two newbies are intelligent, that’s so rare. Welcome to Evil Genius guys. However, I still don’t get the attraction to sit around and try and play fortune-teller, or psychiatrist. Why do we need to make predictions? Trust me, it takes you at least a bit of effort and time to write these essays, and even more time than I wish to spend reading on them. It’s not that they’re bad; it’s just that, nine times out of ten, it’s wrong. Don’t take that the wrong way, but it ends up being more work than it’s worth, at least in my opinion. I understand though, I used to do it myself. However, keep this in mind, everyone is different, and most intelligent people think at least a bit differently than everyone else. You can’t safely predict exactly what Miura is going to do. You might get close, or you may even get it right, however, chances are you won’t. I don’t know; for me it always seemed like I had gone through all of that effort, just to be proven wrong, but hey, whatever floats your boat. *Shrugs*
I agree. I'm not too sure what's up with the predictions about future volumes. I mean, predicting the course of the next chapter is alright, since there's material that you could build on, but with theories relating to topics like 'Casca regaining her memory' and 'Elfhelm', those are seriously fucked up. There's hardly any proof or material that you could use to establish a solid theory. And the only way you can justify your own theory is with the 'it's Berserk, anything's could happen, the possibilities there' trend that seems to be used pretty often.

As for the killing of Judeau and the rest of the hawks, how can you guys not see it coming? I thought from reading chapter 3 and meeting the hawks that it was pretty obvious they were all gonna be fucked over. I got the impression from the reader's first encounter with Femto, and why Guts travels alone. The only surprise to me is that Casca was raped and she survived.

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I know I've said it before but I'll say it again, this thread was started by caktus. It's 18 pages right now, and I find that sort of amusing.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Lel wrote: The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?
ahhhh, please don't use that quote again, reminds me of the worst movie ever, AVP :lol: :lol: :lol:
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

dos.azn wrote:
Lel wrote: The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?
ahhhh, please don't use that quote again, reminds me of the worst movie ever, AVP :lol: :lol: :lol:
My god, that movie was horrible... I hadn't watched such a bad movie in a really long time. It's amazing how easy it was to completely fuck up something as awesome as the Aliens and Predator movies.
Lel
notanewb

Post by Lel »

The phrase does precede the movie so we can sort of forget the thing exists... right? Right?

But seriously, Emporer Kushan will actually be valuable to Gutts in some way or another (maybe not directly, but he hates Griffith too and has the army to back him up. All those humans could provide for an entertaining distraction for apostales).
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

That may be the case, but Ganishka nor his Kushan are friends of the Gatts Tai.
Lel
notanewb

Post by Lel »

Okies, not friends, but amusing-distractions-for-apostales?