Prediction of Gut's New Allies

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Buzkashi wrote:
Libaax wrote: the witch
Come on now , you can do better than that..
let dos help you out libaax

her name is matilda
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Who are you talking about? Don't listen to him, he's trying to trick you. Her name is really Samantha. *Nods*
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

fine fine fine

both me and starnum were lying

her real name is madame cornelius
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

How cruel the both of you are to poor Libaax... Her name is Sabrina the teenage witch.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

oh gee thanx buzkashi for killing it

now he knows we were lying! :evil:
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

You were lying.......?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I just cant spell her name correctly no matter how many times i see her also whats wrong with the witch :P
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

It's Flora man, five letters. You can do it! I like, believe in you and stuff. ;)

Unless of course you mean Schierke. That one's a bit tougher, but you can still do it!
Lel
notanewb

Post by Lel »

What happened to Silke?

Or is that just a variation of Schierke...?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I prefer Silke to Schierke, Silke sounds better and more witch like to me.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Buz: Go with the spelling that Dark Horse has, if that isn't released then go with the spelling Evil-Genius specifies. If not, then Starnum will end up pimp-slapping you.
kjutte
imanewbie

Post by kjutte »

Buzkashi wrote:How cruel the both of you are to poor Libaax... Her name is Sabrina the teenage witch.
Slightly irrelevant (like most of the recent replies), but I really, REALLY hate those series!!!
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yeah, like, all witches should be burnt on stakes :twisted: :wink:

And I prefer Schierke because it's the official spelling the last I checked. :wink:

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

actually her original name was gonna be Julia. but then he changed it at the last second to schierke...doesnt that just roll of your tongue...schierke...
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh really, and how do you know this? Yeah, the official spelling is Schierke, by the way. ;)
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Well he changed it cause he didnt want the name of a girl who was raped outside of the manga. thanks Gatzz :P but uhhh ya those allies...any new theories develope... :wink:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I feared that's what you were talking about. :roll:
Thegreensquid
imanewbie

Post by Thegreensquid »

This is my first post. So be gentle and I'm going to try to make it intelligent.

I'd like to rehash the whole Caska thing if I may. I don't think she'll join Guts party. Here's why:

First let me explain my point of view when it comes to how Muira has constructed Berserk. I remember reading a theory somewhere that if you take a mountain, and zoom in on the tiniest spec of dust, the shape of that dust will be similar to the shape of the mountain. A good parallel would be a diagram of a solar system in comparison to the diagram of an atom.

That is how I believe Muira has constructed Berserk, the "flash back", ie everything leading up to and during the eclipse, is a microcosm through which the whole of berserk can be estimated. With slight variations here and there. There are many many many parallels which can be drawn, but I'll just stick with the relationship between Caska and Guts.

Generally speaking, when Caska and Guts were comrades in The Band of The Hawk Caska's feelings at the beggining could be classified as disdain. Disdain motivated by jealousy. That eventually grew in to love. During the time that Guts left the Hawks and Griffith was being tortured Caska had to bear the burden of leadership. When Guts returned she attempted to commit suicide because of this burden. It was at this point that the two had their moment of love. Which was, as you all know, cut short.

Caska's feelings towards Guts at present could be classified as disdain. Disdain motivated by fear. (Like I said, slight variations here and there.) My prediction is that she'll gain her sanity. That will essentially be like Guts' return to the Hawks. She'll be burdened by the memories of the eclipse. Essentially she'll say something like "I love you, but I can't go on remembering what happened." and she'll attempt to commit suicide again. They'll share a breif moment of togetherness, and yet again it will be cut short. Either with Caska's death or relapse in to insanity.

That's my basic theory at least. I allow for slight variations here and there. An example would be the possibility that she'll try to commit suicide and succeed.

As for a happy ending? I think that depends on how you define "happy" A fairy tale "happily ever after" wouldn't suit Berserk. I am however expecting a "satisfying" ending.

Also, I'd happily draw more parallels for you guys to illustrate my view on the construction of Berserk. But most of them don't pertain to the subject of this thread.

edit: (prepares for n00b flamage) Oh and if this theory has been mentioned already, feel free to hit me. I did read through every page of this thread, but I can't remember everything. I bruise easy.
Gatzz
Mastered PM

Post by Gatzz »

Buzkashi wrote:I prefer Silke to Schierke, Silke sounds better and more witch like to me.

Yeah, Schierke sounds like when somebody scratches the schoolbord :shock:
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Man... A lot of n00bs have been coming here lately... If this keeps up, we might soon be overwhelmed...

In reply to Thegreensquid, even though Caska commiting suicide when/if she regains her senses does kinda make sense, I don't see it happening, just because it would be a poor ending to this subplot, not to mention a waste of character. Miura might be able to pull it off though, we've seen some of the stuff he can do. Still, I wouldn't bet on it.

And I'd like to hear some of your other theories too. The whole "parallel between the flashback and the present time" thing sounds interesting.
Thegreensquid
imanewbie

Post by Thegreensquid »

I agree Femto. It would be a horrible ending if she succeeded in killing herself. I'm just saying it's a possibility. I want the whole Guts/Caska thing to have a happy ending. I mean, she's the only thing keeping him human. I honestly think it's just going to be an attempt, thwarted by Guts ofcourse.

Ok, here's another example. I'm running on two hours of sleep so lemme see if I can word this properly.

Another parallel could be Drawn between when Donovan raped Guts and the eclipse.

With Donovan we have a man who was foreboding and overwhelming to Child Guts. Who was enabled to violate Guts emotionally and physically thanks to Gambino. Thanks to the humilation, sense of loss and a need for vegance, he soon gets retribution from Donovan. Not only against the Donovan, but the person who put him in Donovan's hands. However, killing Gambino does leave him with a sense of regret. Because to that point, Gambino was essentially his father. This section of the story is where Guts graduates from "student soldier of gambino" to "lone soldier" who soon, thanks to fate, joins the band of the hawk.

During the eclipse Guts is essentially raped again. Not physically, but emotionally. Anyone who knows anything about rape, knows it's more about power than sex. Only instead of Donovan, it's an apostle (or Apostles, however you want to look at it.) Apostles are very large and very foreboding and over whelming to "Soldier Guts". He is held down, powerless to stop something that leaves him with a sense of loss and a need for vengance. A need for vegance against the Apostles and the man who put him in that situation, Griffith. To that point Griffith was Guts' best friend. Though it hasn't happened yet. I believe that when Guts does kill Griffith he is going to feel a sense of loss. It's this section of the story where Guts graduates from "soldier" to "the black swordsman" who soon, through no concious action of his own, gathers a group of companions.

During the whole sex scene with Guts and Caska, the Donovan incident was brought up. I believe this was for two reasons. One as an obvious way to show the bond between Caska and Guts. (Afterall, it's the one time we see a geniunely vulnerable Guts) Two, as a very subtle way of foreshadowing of what's to come. I think the whole few moments of happiness are sort of a marker to say "ok we've come full circle."

Some could say that "he killed Gambino in self defense, but he's HUNTING Griffith." this is true. Like I said, minor differences here and there. But the character relations are what remain the same.

Once again, just a theory, I could be totally off base.

Also I'll make another thread for my Parallel theories if you guys find em interesting enough, I'd rather not thread jack.
Sahlen
Found the Edit button

Post by Sahlen »

I've never thought about it that way...
Ashes To Ashes, Dust to Dust, Life is Short, So Party We Must!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

That was actually kinda interesting.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Greensquid: I think you're analysing a tad too much about Berserk. Your theories are intruging, and makes an interesting read, but I doubt it'll happen. I don't have much time, I gotta leave in an hour, so I'll comment quickly about Casca.

I don't think Muira intends to make Casca commit suicide. If she does, Guts would stop her. I don't think she'll actually succeed in killing herself. If she dies, Guts has lost about 99% of what he's fighting for.

The Donovan incident was brought up in the sex scene because Guts still have problems with his 'sexual experience'. Seeing Casca moan and scream reminded him of his younger self, and that brought it up. Since Guts was traumitised as a child, the experience still lingers on him. At the very beginning when Guts was a mercenary, he still wouldn't let people touch him, because of the whole Donovan thing.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I do think greensquid might be overanalysing things a little, but it's an interesting theory regardless.