Prediction of Gut's New Allies

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

caktus
notanewb

Prediction of Gut's New Allies

Post by caktus »

I have return to predict gutsu's new allies and they are:

1.elf king.
2.the assassin (the one who wants griffith's head.
3.The guy with the spear.
4.maybe a small army of powerfull monster's

what's your prediction
acibon
Balor645
imanewbie

Post by Balor645 »

I have a feeling Silatt and the Bakiraka may join. The've fought guts a couple of times, but it seems like after he saw what the Kushan emperor was doing, he'd be more willing to join up with Gutts. They seem to have the same goals, it would only make sense.

Azan is a given at this point in time. I doubt the elfking will join them. Perhaps he'll get attacked like the which lady.
"Forward he cried, from the Rear, and the front lines died. The General Sat, and the lines on the map moved from side to side." -- Pink Floyd
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I cant see monsters joining Guts.

The kushan guy Guts fought before might become his allies to fight against their common enemy.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Trant
imanewbie

Post by Trant »

I don't see Guts as the type to gather an entire army around him. Just wouldn't suit him at all.

As for having allies in the sense that they won't be killing each other, I think Silatt and the Bakiraka could count as that. Silatt's goal is only Griffith, he has no need to fight Guts, and he doesn't seem the type to willingly sacrifice his men just to payback Guts for defeating him a couple of times already.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Thats the guy i meant i think.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Guts is definatly not going to build an army, atleast not at this time or place, but I could see him building a larger group of people around him. And Silatt and the Bakiraka I coudl see joining him. They all have the same goal, and I remember them saying once that Guts could be of use to them. I think Guts is more to just surround himself by more top notch figthers, and not small fries. So won't have a large party, but strong enough to take on the Band of the Hawk.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Silatt is my favorite character in the manga.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

I see that caktus is back.. with even more wishfull thinking.
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

Trant wrote:I don't see Guts as the type to gather an entire army around him. Just wouldn't suit him at all.
While he may not "gather," he might except it happeneing. He was a leader of a large group of people in the Band of the Hawks that could be called an army (albeit a small one). Also, just like with his current comrades - he didn't seek them, but he did allow them to join (to help out with Casca I think).

Monsters in Guts party with his knowledge? Not happening - after the eclipse incident, I think he is so revolted by their prescence that he would go berserk on them before they even get a chance to ask "can i join you?"

People(s)/Entity(ies) that may possibly ally with Guts:

Azan
Silatt and Co.
Magic Users living in ElfHeim

Less Likely:
Elf King
Four Great Spirits
Sophia & other humans currently allied with Griffith with special note:
"The Mustache and Beard Guy" (dont remember his name T-T) who was arround during the Band of the Hawk days and would recognize Guts. (and then his party would be able to know his cool past!)
RUDNICKI'S NOBEL PRINCIPLE
"Only someone who understands something absolutely can explain it so no one else can understand it."
Balor645
imanewbie

Post by Balor645 »

Arresty wrote:Guts is definatly not going to build an army, atleast not at this time or place, but I could see him building a larger group of people around him.
Well, keep in mind Caska may become sane again after Elfheim. She commanded the entire band of the hawk during griffiths capture. Silatt controlled a fair amount of Kushan, Azan controlled alot of men as well. I think most of his current allies will become Gutt's Generals to some extent and lead an army of men against Griffith. I expect that to happen waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the line in the series though. The only problem is, is that it seems that humans can't fight monsters. It seems the Azan was able to get them to hold their ground a bit, but for the most part, humans seem to be simple cannon fodder.
"Forward he cried, from the Rear, and the front lines died. The General Sat, and the lines on the map moved from side to side." -- Pink Floyd
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

It might not be that Casca cant revert to normal, it might be that she doesnt want to revert to normal.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Balor645
imanewbie

Post by Balor645 »

If not, then what would become of her? She wouldn't have much purpose then, would Guts still keep his feelings for her if he was certain she would remain a retard?

I think she'll go back to normal. if the theory of Guts and Griffith building armys to challenge eachother, then Caska would almost be a nesessity, she was a better leader than Guts.

And besides, it seemed like Gieserac was the leader of an army. And it seems like Guts is a repeat history of Gieserac to some extent. I'm sure it will they will both form armys.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

psi29a wrote:I see that caktus is back.. with even more wishfull thinking.
He gets my respect because of that Frazetta avatar though.
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

Balor645 wrote:If not, then what would become of her? She wouldn't have much purpose then, would Guts still keep his feelings for her if he was certain she would remain a retard?

I think she'll go back to normal. if the theory of Guts and Griffith building armys to challenge eachother, then Caska would almost be a nesessity, she was a better leader than Guts.

And besides, it seemed like Gieserac was the leader of an army. And it seems like Guts is a repeat history of Gieserac to some extent. I'm sure it will they will both form armys.
Even if Casca remained in a mentaly ill state - he would stick with her. This because he stuck with her from the beggining when he did not know of a cure. Also, a cure wasn't even something that he thought was really possible until SK mentioned it.

As for a comparison to Guts and Gaiseric - you can only really go so far I think. Gaiseric was supposedly a King who united all the contents or something great like that didn't he? If anything, that comparison would be better done for Gaiseric and Griffith
"Only someone who understands something absolutely can explain it so no one else can understand it."
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Actually, he didn’t stay with her at first. Remember, he ran off to hunt down his vengeances. :P

Gatts with monsters in his party? What the hell?
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

ok - first he really didnt stick with her and when on a killing spree, but then he did come back and commited to stick with Casca, not knowing if there was a cure.

Yah - monsters + Guts, the only thing I see there is a blood bath - not allies
caktus
notanewb

Post by caktus »

well i am kinda curious about something,is the baby caska had still alive ?.
I think it will play a big role.
acibon
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

We all (..well, most of us) say yes, and that the baby was last seen on the beach scene with before the gators and all. While was can not be 100% sure of that, it seems that Miura is strongly indicating this.

My on take on it: Griffith's new body is also Casca's kid and the mystery kid was a temporal detachment. - basically, they are one and the same. Maybe it's something like when Griffith's body sleeps the kid goes out ??? o_O?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

NINJ4 wrote:We all (..well, most of us) say yes, and that the baby was last seen on the beach scene with before the gators and all. While was can not be 100% sure of that, it seems that Miura is strongly indicating this.

My on take on it: Griffith's new body is also Casca's kid and the mystery kid was a temporal detachment. - basically, they are one and the same. Maybe it's something like when Griffith's body sleeps the kid goes out ??? o_O?
Well, genetics states that the kid in the beach scene cannot be their child. I mean, the kid's completely white?! But it's Berserk - anything goes.

That kid couldn't have been hostile. Well, (I think) he helped stopped Guts 'Berserk state' didn't he? I'm just wondering why the kid is staying a low profile...

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Since when has anything like genetic heredity mattered in anime and manga? Besides, the kid looks right to me. It's theirs man; you know it.

Heh, the kid goes out while Griffith sleeps. Interesting, but unlikely. Sounds like a reverse Darsh/Lushe effect though. :P
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

Guts assasination team members? built out of human monsters? interesting indeed.

I believe casca will get kinda normal with the help of the elf king, so she might be the missing part in such kind of group. I mean guts isn't exactly what you'd call a leader. he is more of tornado opening a way, but there is a need for someone guiding the "sheep" through.

Silat respects guts very much and so if they have a common goal, they might ally. Then it will be time for the battle royale between gods and humans.

"Where is god?" he shouts, "I will tell you!"
"We killed him, you and I"....Nietzsche
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

NINJ4 wrote:"The Mustache and Beard Guy" (don't remember his name T-T) who was around during the Band of the Hawk days and would recognize Guts. (and then his party would be able to know his cool past!)
Curious to who you are referring too. Not sure I remember.

Though he left Casca for a while at the beginning, he won't do that again. If he felt she was safe somewhere he may leave her there, but not for an extended time. Like if he felt Elfhelm was safe then he may leave her there while he left to fight Griffith. I believe that was the original reason for going to Elfhelm to begin with is because she would be safe there.

Also on Casca being a better leader then Guts I would not say that is necessarily true. I think Guts is more charismatic than she is in some ways. People follow Guts because he exudes this air of confidence about him. As in everyone behind him feels that they will win. Much life Griffith. Casca they follow because she is a leader more. She also can't handle stress as well as Guts. Did you see how weak she was when she was leading the Band of the Hawk all by herself. She was going on pure drive to save Griffith and restore the Band of the Hawk. Guts I don't think would wear down like she did. I believe he would always stand strong. Maybe when he was the Raid leader he was not as good as she was, but by the time he left and came back, and post eclipse I believe he has changed a lot. He knows more about the world and is even more confident in his own abilities, and in his goal. I believe because of that he is a much better leader now then she was.

And to me genetically the kid looked like how I would draw their offspring. Casca is dark skinned, but not that dark, and so the kid could still be fairly white. Also maybe Casca darkens with age, I mean she was pretty white at the beginning of the story, but I think that was also Miura changing his drawing style. Either way she is darker now then she was before. She has been getting progressively darker as the story went on. But the kid just looks like their offspring would look to me.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Arresty wrote:And to me genetically the kid looked like how I would draw their offspring. Casca is dark skinned, but not that dark, and so the kid could still be fairly white. Also maybe Casca darkens with age, I mean she was pretty white at the beginning of the story, but I think that was also Miura changing his drawing style. Either way she is darker now then she was before. She has been getting progressively darker as the story went on. But the kid just looks like their offspring would look to me.
Well, I was referring to the complexion of the child's skin. It should be a bit darker-tanned, but not completely white. And the gene(s) for dark skin has dominance over white skin, the dark skin genotype is 'dominant' while white skin is 'recessive', although there seems to be some sort of 'blend' since both traits are kinda expressed(without going into too much detail, man I could talk about the origin of skin colour and the pigment melanin all day...but I'll go for layman's terms :P). I have a friend who's a aboriginal and he's completely white. And that's because his parents are half-aboriginals (it's rare to find a 'true-breed' aboriginal, since they were attempted to be 'purified', a experiment that failed because of lack of knowledge about genetics), so they carried recessive genes (white), having a genotype of m1m1 m2m2.... the more dark skin gene (M) in the genotype, the more darker skin. Same goes the other way. There would still be hints of brown skin, except lighter.

Maybe some disorder in the genes caused by Griffith's foul semen? :P It's a manga, so I'm not complaining...Casca's skin is definitely black, as some 'flashbacks' that are drawn recently show. But, hey, it's a manga, fuck science and genetics! Bring on the magic!

I don't have a doubt in my mind that the child is their son. If it was some kind of enemy, Skull Knight would have warned them before hand. And he knows all :). And there has been some implications by Muira that the child is their son. The same implications that suggest Gaiseric is SK :wink: .
Last edited by Eldo on Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Balor645
imanewbie

Post by Balor645 »

||||||| wrote:Guts assasination team members? built out of human monsters? interesting indeed.

Silat respects guts very much and so if they have a common goal, they might ally. Then it will be time for the battle royale between gods and humans.
Well, Humans so far seem to be unable to harm apostles with the exception of Guts. Perhaps though with the aide of Shierke that will be different, since perhaps she can enchant weapons like she did for Ishidoro and Seripico. Maybe next we'll get a battle staff enchanted with earth!(Azan)
The mystical weapons are some of the only way I can really see humans doing battle with Apostles and winning. But we'll see.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Dude I think Serpico could handle an apostle. Not a powerful one, but I think he could hold his own against some of them. Especially with his mystical weapons. Now the others would be fucked. Now as far as the great apostles no one but Guts could handle them, and SK. But who knows. Serpico if he could plan ahead I bet could. Serpico fight like Griffith. Thinks before entering battle. I think he could figure out a plan to take on an apostle. Now Silatt might be able to handle one too. He is crazy fast, but with him only a lowly one. The thing that helps Guts so much is his stamina. The man can be nearly killed a dozen times and keeps getting back up and still fights, til its dead.