Death Note

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Ive read up until volume 8 now and I must thank you Libaax for telling me to keep reading, the story brings chills up my spine :D
The only sad thing is that I only got volume 8 to read also and then I dont know where to get my hands on the ones that follows :(

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Loeviz wrote:Ive read up until volume 8 now and I must thank you Libaax for telling me to keep reading, the story brings chills up my spine :D
The only sad thing is that I only got volume 8 to read also and then I dont know where to get my hands on the ones that follows :(
I might give you advice if you told me how you want your download? Direct download, torrent, IRC, you name it.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Direct download or torrent file.
I still havent figured out how to use IRC. Sad isnt it :P

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Here is both DL and torrents download links. http://www.mangaupdates.com/releases.ht ... =Death+Not
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Finished the manga. Was a bit sad that Light didnt win in the end, but I guess that would have been a little over the top perhaps :)
Great story anyway

SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

Anyone know the exact day the movie comes out this month? And if it's gonna reach American theaters?

I just found out from ANN that there's going to be a Death Note anime in the fall :O
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Over the top kicks ass though, like One Piece. When it seems things can't get any more dramatic, push the envelope even further, that's what I say. In the end, Death Note simply burned out, as it was destined to do. It's a shame really.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yeah it lost a bit of its fire after the first L got killed. Didnt know that a movie and an anime was in the making.

SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

Does anyone look like they're going to fansub the movie? It should be out by now.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Starnum wrote:Over the top kicks ass though, like One Piece. When it seems things can't get any more dramatic, push the envelope even further, that's what I say. In the end, Death Note simply burned out, as it was destined to do. It's a shame really.
Thats cause Near wasnt half as interesting as L.

But the end was cool even though i wanted Light to win.

I like the " when you die there is only darkness thing"
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

You can get volume 1-12 as ddl here

silverado
yupachups
notanewb

Post by yupachups »

this anime is aswome but the anime is even greater :o
i'm Here !!
hadi
This is my new home

Post by hadi »

yupachups wrote:this anime is aswome but the anime is even greater :o
understood!! :idea:
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

hadi wrote:
yupachups wrote:this anime is aswome but the anime is even greater :o
understood!! :idea:
I think he ate too many chupachups :kekeke:
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Wow just finished the series and WOW Light WOW I cant beleive it went down like that... that was fucked up... He fucked up when he became L, that was L's way to catch him knowing Near and Mello were in line for the position and that how ever killed him has the new L.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

I just read volume 10 awhile ago, i gotta say that this series got alot worse the chapter L died, these new antagonists (Near, Mello) will never be as awesome as him, too bad about that.

It´s still a great read though, still aching to know what happens next.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

It gets very confusing but still I liked it... 12 is the last Volume so your almost there.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Dark-Reckers
imanewbie

Post by Dark-Reckers »

the second ost is released !

enjoy :D
yupachups
notanewb

Post by yupachups »

:D sorry i didn't have the courage to read alle the poses
i'm Here !!
Muddtoad
imanewbie

Post by Muddtoad »

Wow, I just started reading....and watching Death Note and so far it is good. Though since I just started, I don't know which one I should keep pursuing. What do you guys think is better overall? The Manga or Anime? I hear they are still releasing some of the anime episodes, but is there anyone who has seen the ones that are out so far? What do you think? Anime or Manga?
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

The anime is much better, they talk way too much on the manga and it becomes increasingly difficult to keep reading. I hated that every character has to explain their logic for every little decision they make: "I chose to buy that piece of gum because then I would be able to chew it on the way to work and also get a minty flavor in my mouth, blah blah blah".

They cut down on senseless chatter on the anime, so it is substantially better.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Muddtoad
imanewbie

Post by Muddtoad »

Yeah I've already watched all the anime that has come out and read a lot of the Manga. I definitely like the Anime a lot better. It's almost perfectly accurate too, so far....
Muddtoad
imanewbie

Re: Death Note

Post by Muddtoad »

I'm a little late I know, but I just finished watching all of the anime. Since the last episode was just released. I must say while the Manga is good, the Anime just adds so much more. The music, the sounds, the symbols and motifs that are displayed throughout the episodes. You can do so many more things with episodes and live action than you can with manga. Manga still is godly though. Death Note definitely moved up on my list. Great Anime/Manga.

Some of you are saying you didn't like the ending, but I thought it fit. What kind of lesson would it show if Light really did win? The biggest message throughout Death Note was the different views of "justice" and I think it was fitting Light lost. He may have had a sick sense of Justice, but he crossed the line when he killed his first innocent, merely because he wanted to "protect his power." It would have been a world of chaos if Light continued to rule. You can never completely eradicate evil, so Light would never have his dream realized. He became the evil he was trying to abolish. It was fitting in the end to see him walk by the image of his former self. He saw the future he could have had, what he threw away. He came to realize what he had become.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

Damn haven't seen a pic of goku in years.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I love how death note focuses on the villains point of view it's awesome. Oh and if your trying to find all of the chapters go to onemanga.com they have them all.