Death Note

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Of course he passed off the book,thats why he keeps winning,he does whatever it takes to survive.

Lights father was never in the way of L,it was L himself who wanted to be 100%.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Was it? Would he have gotten away with just saying my gut tells me that Light is Kira? So I'm going to lock him up and throw away the key. Remember Lights father was saying something to the extent of you'll have to lock me up as well or some crap like that.

Say what you want but Light's father and his associates (in the beginning) never agreed that Light was Kira. Remember at every hint of there being another Kira they asked L if he would let Light go now. Remember L would also ask him questions like "If you were Kira would you do that?" and one of them would say " O you're back with that L?". The fact is that Light was in good graces with the Japanese police that they believed in him. Of course they never tried a Coup against L. But they didn't agree with him when it came to Light.

Thats why now that Mellow and Near have made the connection that everyone else is getting suspicious but of course we will get 20 or so pointless chapters of some other Jabroni Playing "kira".
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah in the beginning they were against Light being Kira but i was talking about before L died,he has pretty good evidence that Light was Kira but he didnt see the death god thing coming and died cause of that.

I like Mikami he is pretty freaky. I wonder when he will become greedy and turn against Kira.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
ryusenka
This is my new home

Post by ryusenka »

I don't know if this has been posted before, but they say they're gonna make a live-action drama of Death Note and they're going to put Red Hot Chilli Peppers song, Dani California, from their new album as the theme song for it.
"Understand that it's just a person - not worth devoting any nightmares to." - JTHM
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, there's been some mention of this before somewhere in the forums. I don't think the actor they've chosen looks anything like Light though. I'm looking forward to the film though, I hope it turns out well.

**update**

And the award for most deranged, devious, maniacal glares in a single manga goes to....*drum roll*...That's right, Death Note! *Crowd Cheers*

The latest chapters were really cool. Whatever will Kira do now? *devious chuckle*
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I have read up 105 and things get crazy and i love this manga for being so twisted and unpredictable.

I cant believe how Kire got beaten by his own man who's fault is that he worshiped Kira too much.

I hope he kills them all, i cant take if Kira gets beaten like this as he said Near isnt half as good L, Mello was the smart one.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Near and Mello together are about as good as "L". I doubt Kira is going to go down like this. If I had to guess, he has a backup plan. Such as, "Just in case of a situation like this, I got everyone's real names from Mikami, except for Near as that one wasn't available, and scheduled for you all to die in about 3 seconds."

I mention this because that emphasized his watch at the end of the chapter, and he seemed to be stalling for time. Then the only person who'd be left is Near, and he can just shoot him or something. ;)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I hope for that too :)

No matter what Near said,without Mello being so damn smart enough to ruin Kira' plan, Near would be death now.

So i would say only Mello is near as good L Near isnt even close.

I mean as Near himself said anybody could do what they did when they saw Mikami in the bank.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, as I said, I'd only say they're as good as "L" if you put them together. Seperately, they can't compare. Kira's got a backup plan, surely. He's just too damn awesome to not have one. ;)
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

If you ask me, it doesn't look good for Light. And next week's chapter is entitled "the end", so Death Note seems to be over. It's actually a good thing, dragging it over would have been too much. As it is now, I would have like a different outcome, but maybe some huge twist is coming.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

*Gasp* The end! NO, it can't be! *twitch* The end for Near maybe! The ending can't come without the fruition of Kira's plans! I won't accept it!

*Goes into crazed frenzy*

TItlES CAN bE misLEADing...yes...YES, that must be it.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

It can be the end where he had planned all this and kills them all and leaves to control the world even more :P
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I say, bring it on!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I got my lil sister hooked on DN, i couldnt see her suffer anymore while she complained about how bad naruto was.

I snapped and said for godsake read a real and interesting manga for once.

Now she is in love with DN and Light :)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

You have done her a service. Don't forget to show her all the other good shit too. ;)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I will she have already read Vagabond,Change Guy,Shing Angyo Onishi,Priest. Im a sucker for Manwhas :)

Gonna recomend her Monster and Ippo when she is done with DN.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

How old is she? Because I was going to recommend Berserk and BOTI. There's also One Piece, but I bet she's already reading that.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

She is 16 and she already reads OP,every time i buy it she is nr2 on the reading OP list.

Ah why didnt i think of BOTI.

Berserk i already suggested earlier in her reading manga days she wasnt ready maybe she is now.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Well 107 is out as well as Ocean's translation and are free to consult at Mangahelpers.
Good news is, it seems that there will be another chapter of DN, who should conclude the manga. I thought it was going to be this week. but apparently not. It's ending nonetheless. I won't spoil it, just go read it and come back discuss.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I cant believe what happened in chapter 106. Light was so close to winning.

If he has to lose man let it be in another way than this way....
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Heh

About chap 107, is a decent trans out? I havent read it yet and i refuse to read garbage teams.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

So moving on.

Well as I said before, I think it was a good time to end DN. Dragging it would have kill it. Morale is safe, I would have like to see more aftereffects from Kira's reign, but it shows a society where people move on quickly (shows how fast we forget the most dramatics events). Compare to the battle with L, the battle with Near and Mello wasn't as good, but I was happy that Mello got involved in the end, he must be my favorite character in this manga.
"Justice" prevailed at the end, it's fine. Light was really an evil bastard at the end, so I'm kind of glad he didn't make it.

That's Misa on the last page right? I'm not quite sure.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Flame fest split to interstice, continue there if you wish.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

No, it was definitely time to end it, I just wish it would've ended how I wanted it too. Heh, I guess you can't win them all.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

SPOILER IF YOU HAVENT read 107

I liked how Ryuuk finished him off and how it ended but i dont like how he lost the game on someone else mistake. I would liked if Light had made a mistake and lost because of it.

Also dont like how just like Scarface the ending is very moral bull, "the bad guys loses cause he is bad "

Light should have won with a crazie idea like usuall or losing cause he made a fatal mistake.

Overall a great series i would i rate as 9/10 and the ending 4/10 brings down a great show.