Death Note

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Death Note

Post by Buzkashi »

Just Great. I love it and i want to know if anyone Knows where i can get chapters past 52.
mrJotaan
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by mrJotaan »

You talking about raws?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

translated past ch 52...
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

Unfortunately neither W,tF and pedobears haven't translated past 52 yet.
panasonic

Post by panasonic »

is it that good? would u put it on the same level as berserk, fma etc
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I liked it as much as i liked FMA but not berserk. I think they should make it into an anime soon.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

I'm not sure how well I think it would do as an anime. I mean you have the really intense parts, from the start to chapter 38 or somewhere along there and it dies down for a bit only to get intense again. You'd have people complaining about those episodes where nothing happens. Another problem is, I'm not sure how many people would have patience for it because of the circular thinking involved. I know I love the manga but sometimes it drives me crazy to see them backtrack in their thought process. They go through every possibility and rule out the ones that aren't possibly and then something happens and they do it all over again.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Thats what makes it so great , its like a manga for smart people :mrgreen:
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

True, that's why I love it :D
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

It wouldnt work in anime cause there is no action nothing except some thrills and mostly the characthers think to himself. Most anime viewers like stuff like Naruto and Bleach.

I would put DN in the same class as FMA but not as Berserk casue no manga is near Berserk so its unfair comparing it to Berserk.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Umm. You know there are other kinds of animes/ Mangas besides action ones. :roll:
Dark_Zilo

Post by Dark_Zilo »

could you give a little info on this one?
i mean what is it all about
The most beautiful thing in life is life itself
Get bitten by me
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

: Death Note is one of the most popular manga series in Japan! It is the story of how a notebook could cause a whole buncha problems! Well of course it's more then just that, but I erased my previous good intro, so I'll just leave it to you to find out why it is great. Like many Shonen Jump series it focuses highly on rival characters, but unlike typical Jump series, it does not contain fighting. Instead, it concentrates on telling a fascinating and very smart story that is definitely worth your attention.

courtesy of FusionGt at the http://www.spectrum.net, you can also read volumes 1-5 there.

oops seems i thought this was his origianl intro.. guess not sorry bout that.
Trog
Mastered PM

Post by Trog »

DN is highly recommendable.
The main theme is a battle of intellects between two equally intelligent and charismatic characters. The way the characters act and react to each others tricks, like in a chess game, makes it a very thrilling read.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Buzkashi wrote:Umm. You know there are other kinds of animes/ Mangas besides action ones. :roll:
I meant that DN wouldnt be so good as anime for the reasons i said and that nowadays an anime must have some sort action to appeal to casual viewers. Thats why there is hundreds of shows like Naruto and co.

I myself dont care what kind of anime/manga there is as long as it good.
Trog
Mastered PM

Post by Trog »

Yes Death Note has so much interior monologue that watching a DN anime would nearly be like listning to an audio book.
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

Dark_Zilo, I can send you all the manga if you want. A Deathnote anime to me would be somewhere along the lines of what Neon Genesis Evangelion was in certain respects. There would be action in the anime like in Eva but there's a deeper story behind it. I think DN manga and possibly as an anime has just as much potential as Eva did with getting through the whole story, having the movies and pissing everyone off at the endings.

Without going into any details at all for the sake of those who haven't read it but might look into it, what kind of ending would you be pleased with? Here's the real question and it's worded in a way not to spoil it for anyone: Would you be happy with a typical ending like in hollywood movies, good guys win or would you rather have something dark and twisted? Don't answer with any specifics, just choose with kind of ending you'd want.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I would want an ending that would shock me, one that i would talk about for a while.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Hopefuly there are least 100 chaps left to the ending.

Spoiler

I just want Light to be Kira agian.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Doesnt everybody.

Spoiler.

Hell maybe when they arrest that guy Raito will go through his stuff and find the note.?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I wish but L isnt so stupid that he would let Light get there, he thinks that Light is Kira.
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

It's not like having the caption of Spoiler does anything since people can't just go past your post :P
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

What i didnt catch that. Nevertheless in my oppinion Raito is just as good as L and he would be able to find away to get into the stuff.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

mrjotan: If i see a spoiler i just jump down :wink:

I would like twisted ending,shocking but still good.
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

Here's chapter 53 from We, The Fans.

http://wethefans.net/http/DeathNote/[W,tF.]Death_Note_-_053.zip