Initial D Episodes 13&14 by Live_Evil Page 4

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Dude the old man likes to drive fast too. He may let the son use it, but I doubt he is giving it too him, atleast not yet. And on another note. I love that 86. I wouldn't want him to drive anything else. Its part of who he is. But I guess winning is more important thatn style.

Oh and I really liked those two eps too. I did like how he sucked up his pride and passed on the straitaway. On another note, I want to see the uphill battle. Stupid 2 month gaps. Why can't it be weekly like if it was here stateside.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Arresty you have to download the manga to see Kiueske(sp?) races cause they clip 9 races of 10 out in the anime sadly.

I meant that bunta buyed the car cause he knew that Takumi cant win many more races with 86 cause soon most races will be like the latest where the opponent has much better car. He will most likely not give it to him just let him used it for races. until he can buy his own car. Takumi will stop using the 86,se said in the begining that he wanted a new car for himself.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Hmm i like the races. Best part of the show, they suprisingly never get old. But no I have not downloaded it yet. Didn't someone say they weren't up to the anime yet, so I decided to put it off. I still need to catch up in Hajime No Ippo as well as a few others.

Oh and I was thinking he just wanted a car that was not his dads. The car is completely his now. I also thought he had said something about not wanting anything else besides the 86, but if he looses, or blows another engine, then he migth up to a new car.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

so it is the STI?? :s I thought the STIs had roof scoops or a scoop of some sort period. I looks like a plain wrx to me.

I can't wait to get home this weekend and download these episodes. :)
"Context is for Kings"
Pergatory
Mastered PM

Post by Pergatory »

well it could be the wrx but knowing him he probably bought the sti
The Sea At Night Time Makes Me Shiver...If You Stare At It...It Feelis Like You'll Get Swallowed...Into The Depth Of This Dark Wave... Image
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

nope isn't the sti.
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Arresty wrote:Hmm i like the races. Best part of the show, they suprisingly never get old. But no I have not downloaded it yet. Didn't someone say they weren't up to the anime yet, so I decided to put it off. I still need to catch up in Hajime No Ippo as well as a few others.

Oh and I was thinking he just wanted a car that was not his dads. The car is completely his now. I also thought he had said something about not wanting anything else besides the 86, but if he looses, or blows another engine, then he migth up to a new car.
I meant if you want to see his races then you should read the manga cause you see how he wins when he is not racing Takumi.

First of all you see in the intro that he drives the blue car,second Takumi dreams of his own car even though he will never dump thee 86 cause she is his first love;)

He cant do anything with the 86 anymore he have problems with opponents he is alot better but what happens when he is up against peope who are as good but have better cars,then he is gonna lose. Thats why his father bought the blue car you know that after hearing what he said to Takumi in the eps before 11,12.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Days Of The Phoenix
imanewbie

Post by Days Of The Phoenix »

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, I've been reading through this thread and I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Anyways, Takumi does drive Bunta's Impreza (it's not a regular Impreza, if you play the Inital D Arcade game his engine is a GC-8v, and the normal Impreza is a GC-8, don't ask me what the difference is though) but it's only to make delivery's so far. The car is so much more powerful compared to the 86 that Takumi doesn't want to drive the Impreza anymore because it makes it harder for him to drive the 86. Bunta wants Takumi to drive other cars because it will present a challenge for him and if he can overcome these challenges he'll grow as a driver. It's all part of Bunta's master plan.

As for Takumi being a virgin, after high school graduation Takumi takes Natsuki on a downhill run to show her his passion for racing and what it means to him. All the manga said was "No one knew where the 86 carried the two after. That night, another 2 hours have passed before Takumi went home." The next day at the gas station when Natsuki is leaving and saying her goodbyes to the owner and Iketani, they're surprised to learn that Takumi is giving her a ride to the train station, and meanwhile Takumi and Itsuki are at the lake, Itsuki asks Takumi if he slept with her. Takumi doesn't want to say yes out loud, he just says "dunno" with a stupid look on his face and Itsuki is convinced that Takumi and Natsuki got it on. So I think he did sleep with Natsuki but, I think the author left it up in the air for the reader to make their own decision.

I just wanted to clear this up too, I'm pretty sure the old man and the senior student that Natsuki was sleeping with are not father and son. The old man was the father of one of Natsuki's friends and she was the one that left the note in Takumi's locker so he would go and find out about her relationship. The reason she left those notes was because she had a crush on him and wanted to break them up.

If you want to get the manga, here's a link, it's not BT, it's a direct downlaod

http://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=6093
Pergatory
Mastered PM

Post by Pergatory »

shit looked for this and couldnt find it, turns out it was right under my nose but anyways heres the links again

ep 13: http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BL- ... vi.torrent

ep 14: http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BL- ... vi.torrent
The Sea At Night Time Makes Me Shiver...If You Stare At It...It Feelis Like You'll Get Swallowed...Into The Depth Of This Dark Wave... Image
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Well then its just two eps left of this stage.

Hope something good happens in the new two eps.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Maybe it will end with him getting an Impreza. I hear he gets one thats a little better than Buntas. Its probably an STI but I need to look into it.

*feeling lazy*
"Context is for Kings"
Days Of The Phoenix
imanewbie

SPOILERS

I've seen some later chapters in the manga, there's one battle where they go race a bunch of thugs who put oil on the track and cause Keisuke to crash his car and then we find out later that he used to be a gangster, but anyways, it stills show Takumi using the 86. So, I don't think that Takumi will be changing cars anytime soon.
Last edited by Days Of The Phoenix on Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Your earlier post does it contain spoilers in EP 13 & 14 or spoilers from the manga which is past those two EPs?
Days Of The Phoenix
imanewbie

Sorry about not putting a spoiler warning there. What I posted before occurs after episode 14. Vol 26 Chapter 332 is about where episode 14 of the anime ends. The stuff that I was referring to happens at about chapter 357 and 358. Those were the only 2 chapters I have past volume 26. And from what I've read up till volume 26 it seems that Bunta thinks that if Takumi can't overcome his feelings that he has for the 86 then he won't make it as a racer.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Its all good, I was just curoius to what it had spoilers from. Was curious if it was readable after watching the newest episodes or should I wait til I read the manga or the next stage gets released.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

So you are saying that they dropped those chapters from the manga in the anime.

Also its not just his feelings about the 86 that he needs to get over,Bunta also said that he has to see the potential of the new cars.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I think he is aware that there is a difference in the cars. He wants to drop it but he just can't.
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah he knows but he is naive thinking that he can tune the 86 so that it can compete with the new car.
Days Of The Phoenix
imanewbie

Those 2 chapters haven't happened in the anime left. I just mentioned them because Grahf was wondering if Takumi would get another car and in those chapters it shows the 86 at the race site.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

How far ahead are those chapters to where we are now in the anime?

Also i read the manga before i started watching the anime but stopped cause of the anime. I'm just wondering if i have to reread the chapters that i have seen in the anime cause they have removed other stuff than some of Kiesuke's races?
Days Of The Phoenix
imanewbie

End of episode 14 of the anime is about chapter 332 of the manga, and the stuff I mentioned is in chapter 357 and 358. I don't think that rereading the manga will make too big of a difference, I know that the manga better explains the relationship between Natsuki and her older lover and how Takumi found out about them. In general, I think the anime focuses more on Takumi's races than the manga does.
Pergatory
Mastered PM

Post by Pergatory »