Ch 252

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

MrFelony wrote:so to bring the thread a little back on topic; anyone else find it interesting that the more companions that Guts acquires, the weaker he gets. i remember Shierke (spelling, am gonna look it up in a sec and then edit) mentioning that Guts has gotten thinner, and in chapter 252 he is basically bedridden and had to use her as a post so he could stand while he said farwell to Serpico. really contrasting to the earlier Guts, though Pakk has done a good enough job pointing that out. just wish the guy would finally get to elfhelm so he could take a short vacation.
Guts weakening condition is due to his use of the Berserk Armour. Since it dulls his nerves so he cannot feel any pain, he fights to the very end. The Berserk armour also reattaches his bones through sharp needles as well. I don't really see a pattern between him getting more companions and his weakening state.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Buzkashi wrote:You tell em eldo.. Gosh eldo is soo coool. Eldo that was a great rebutle. How are you so smart eldo?.... example of arse-kissing
Can you, like, stop that?

*attempts to drive Buzkashi away, waving his mace wildly* :P :P

I don't call that arse-kissing, I call it WORSHIP. I'm a demi-god, and where there's a god, there are his followers. :wink:

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

I did realize that that is part of the reason for why his condition is deteriorating, but there is a correlation between the two. part of it i think is the difference between when he was fighting solo and now since he is fighting to protect others. several other reasons is that the monsters he is fighting are also a lot tougher, but hey maybe this should go into the thread about little things noticed about Berserk :). I just wonder at this rate how he can keep up, because at this rate, I expect him to collapse or not be able to perform. but thats Guts for you, he just keeps going no matter what.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

The only one on topic is you felony. You should feel proud. Im liking this guy already.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wow, I'm late, but I just wanted to say...
skethee2 wrote:If you have a problem with that, f*** ur self.
What a fucking dumb ass! When will these idiots learn? *Shakes his head*
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Yea that caught me eye too.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

All I have to say is that he can have some pie.

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

the sweet tast of pie *mmmmm*....though i really hope that that hole in the pie is just a speed hole...for faster cooling at the window sill...oh god i think im gonna be sick, that wasnt whipped cream after all... :oops: :x :oops:
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Yea I think its about time i put some speed holes in my ride :P
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

so how do you guys think guts is gonna handle this situation? too many soldiers for him. he is pretty weak right now. and you cant just walk in there shouting "Farneeeese! Farneeeese!" banging on the plexi-glass and then rush out, though i guess he could definitely use his sword to baracade the doors :). the more i think about what is gonna the happen, the more im putting my money on some apostle or evil plan goin down.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I think Guts hasn't recovered his full strength yet, so they probably won't make a frontal assault with neon lights flaring. :P

They'll probably would take a stealth mission, but I could be wrong... :?

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I already said what I think is going to happen, somewhere back in these sixteen pages.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Exactly. I hate repeating myself too :wink: . But I guess it's the only way to steer topics like this back to it's natural balance.

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

well i guess here is a review:

I.Roderic and borhter
A.Roderic may or may not be an apostle
B. Roderic and "the brother" may or may not be in cahoots to do
something dasterdly
1. this could be in a relationship with Griffith
2. or they are just bastards searching for power :twisted:
II. Rescue attempt
A. Possibility of Guts fighting a TON (100ish) of guards
B. Aid
1. Might receive aid from Serpico
a. Serpico would kick the guard's asses
b. Isidoro probably could as well
2. Serpico might just oppose Guts because he has expressed a
dislike of Farnese following Guts
3. He might help her follow her dream to learn magic.
C. Might sneak in ninja style.
1. Is a bad ass
2. already proven skills as assassin.
IV. Guts Condition
A. Is weakened so extended fighting will be bad for him
V. Escape plan/afterwards
A Cant just steal a ship..will probably be pursued by all the other ships,

getting lazy, but this is basically what i could remember everyone goin over, and i think when a thread has hit somethign liek 10-15+ pages, someone needs to volunteer up a short summary so the same shit doesnt keep being repeated :) though i think a bullet point would be better than outline i guess heh :roll:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I don't know if this'll become a common practice, but thanks for the effort, heh.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Can I ask why people think that Roderic might be an apostle? Is there something I missed? :?

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

No, you didn't miss anything. I don't sense apostle from him at all, and I can smell one a mile away.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

maybe not apostle, but i get a very creepy aura coming from him. i just dont see any good coming out of Roderick.
Starnum wrote:Well, I don't know if this'll become a common practice, but thanks for the effort, heh.
maybe if i get bored frequently heh :)
Last edited by MrFelony on Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

So some people think he's an apostle because of his weirdness for trying to marry Farnese. Hmph. :? I love that kind of logic. I always thought he had a sinister plan brewing with the brother. :roll: Oh well.

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Roderic is definately not an apostle. I think the creepy aura you get from him is just the fact he is a sleezy guy. He has alterier motives of course, everyone did back then, noone noble married for love, all for power and politics. He just has this fake style of romance. But on a side note, in the last few days has anything at all new been discussed here, tried reading through it, and well it just seemed to be BS and repeated stuff from before.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, that's what I was thinking about Roderick too. Although, don't say no nobles got married for love, because that may not necessarily be true. There's always an exception. As for the BS...now you know what I was talking about. :P
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Read through like one thread and then gave up on the rest. Just read last page, and maybe page before if it seemed worthy, but some of these have had 5+ pages since i was gone, just too much. But I noticed one thing, we take forever to get to a point, and generally cycle alot. Oh well.