New anime confirmed!!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

legato
Found the Edit button

Re: New anime confirmed!!

Post by legato »

Hopefully that'll also mean we get the translated version a few weeks later...
I liked the speedy French release of the first movie, lets keep it up!
Gou
imanewbie

Post by Gou »

It does seem rather self defeating to pull trailers down. They're showing it as an embed within the official site now anyway, so maybe they just want to try to direct more people to that too?

There's a new international trailer (with an English voiceover) for all three films up on YouTube now. This one's from Gigazine, for whatever that's worth!
http://youtu.be/9-kMQSbI_X0

December can't come soon enough :)
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I think this is the best trailer yet. It has way more teasers from the coming movies than any other. Also, I now know what my new desktop wallpaper's gonna be once the movies are released:

"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Saw the first movie dubbed at NYCC. The crowd loved it. What annoyed me a bit was all the laughing when the Guts/Griffith innuendo scenes. The scene before Guts challenges Griffith he said something along the lines of "Alright, if you win, you can have my sword... or my ass. Whatever you want." Also everyone laughed when Adonis was dying and he coughed up all that blood. Seemed weird to me. When it ended everyone seemed happy with it. Then again I bet these aren't the fans on forums saying how shitty this movie turned out. Also Zodds voice... is different. I didnt like it. All the same voice actors sound like if they were taken straight from the original anime.

On a side note, I cosplayed Guts again, went to both Darkhorse and Viz booths and no one realized who I was... :cry:
Lukis
imanewbie

Post by Lukis »

Recently in Berserks twitter Clara announced that Berserk saga will continue for next 5 years .. Yay! ,i guess ... i hope they will keep improving,though from what i've seen from 3rd movie,skyrocketed my excitement,only eclipse seems a bit blueish
Clannad- it punches your heart in the face
"Panties, Panties, Panties" - Chii (Chobits)
"How did I pass? She beat me like I owed her money. " - Ichigo (Bleach)
Death is certain, the hour is not.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I'm pretty sure the movies have a whole new voice cast. I'm so glad to hear the series will continue beyond the Golden Age. I kind of figured it would, but this is great news!
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Starnum wrote:I'm pretty sure the movies have a whole new voice cast. I'm so glad to hear the series will continue beyond the Golden Age. I kind of figured it would, but this is great news!
Here is the voice cast of the new series:
GUTS
MARC DIRAISON Same as original anime

GRIFFITH
KEVIN T. COLLINS Same as original anime

CASCA
CAROLYN KERANEN Same as original anime

JUDEAU
CHRISTOPHER KROMER Same as original anime

CORKUS
DOUG ERHOLTZ New voice actor

RICKERT
MICHELLE NEWMAN Same as original anime

PIPPIN
PATRICK SEITZ New voice actor (Does Pippin really talk?)

ZODD
MICHAEL ALSTON BALEY New voice actor

KING OF MIDLAND
CHRIS SMITH New voice actor

BAZUSO
RUSSELL NASH New voice actor

JULIUS
JESSE CORTI New voice actor

CHARLOTTE
RACHAEL LILLIS Same as original anime

HASSAN
MICHAEL SORICH New voice actor

ADONIS
COLIN DEPAULA New voice actor

SIR RABAN
MARC THOMPSON New voice actor

GASTON
SEAN SCHEMMEL Same as original anime (Thats right bitches. GOKUS BACK!)

GENERAL GIEN
SEAN SCHEMMEL ** Not sure if he did the voice for Gien in the original or not, IMDB doesn't say **

GAMBINO
RUSSELL NASH New voice actor

YOUNG GUTS
COLIN DEPAULA New voice actor

MAJOR GENERAL
MARC THOMPSON New voice actor

BLACK RAM CAPTAIN
PATRICK SEITZ New voice actor

ANNA
LISA ORTIZ Same as original anime

Now I don't have any info on further characters but then again they weren't in the original anime so it doesn't really matter :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Meh, I was referring to the Japanese voice cast. Forgot about the fact that you'd be watching it in English.
greak
imanewbie

Post by greak »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

5 more years

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Let's hope this means a PS3/Xbox360 game

with OVAs, no movies please. Hate to wait to watch it. if it's an OVA I can watch like 2 days after the release not freaking months and moths
twitter.com/greak
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

greak wrote:Let's hope this means a PS3/Xbox360 game
By that time we'll have PS4s and XXXboxes.

I just hope with this project going on till the end of the story doesn't mean the story will be cut short. IE, Miura decided to finish things abruptly.
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

They should make an example of "Game of Thrones", the author has told the HBO guys the ending of the books in case he dies before finishing it.
Trikucian
imanewbie

Post by Trikucian »

Mark Diraison is coming back as Guts? That's awesome!!! I absolutely love him, he's got one of the sexiest voices in anime! I can't wait to hear him in the more hardcore movies!

Still don't get why Warner Bros. isn't doing the English localization, them being an American company and all .... :sweat:
just reading manga, waiting for this class to be over
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Just posted on the Facebook page:
本日から開催される第14回プチョン国際学生アニメーション映画祭にて、『ベルセルク 黄金時代篇Ⅰ 覇王の卵』『ベルセル 黄金時代篇Ⅱ ドルドレイ攻略』が上映されます!

■ 現地上映日時
・11月9日(金)19時~ 『覇王の卵』 21時~『ドルドレイ攻略』連続上映
・11月10日(土)18時~『覇王の卵』 20時~『ドルドレイ攻略』連続上映
※韓国語字幕版

http://www.pisaf.or.kr/
At the 14th PUCHON international student animation film festival will be held from today, "berserk golden age: Ⅰ Eclipse" "belsel golden age: Ⅱ ドルドレイ cheats" will be screened! ■ Local Schedule 11/9-21: "egg dynasties"-continuous screenings of "ドルドレイ strategy" and 11/10-"Overlord eggs" 20:-continuous screenings ※ Korea English subtitles version http://www.pisaf.or.kr/ "ドルドレイ strategy" (Translated by Bing)
I kinda have an idea what i means but not really. "Cheats?"
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

"ドルドレイ cheats"

"Doldrey Capture"

Probably something along the lines of "The capture of Doldrey".
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

Trailer for the 3rd movie. Silat!

http://special.movies.yahoo.co.jp/detai ... 116136953/

I gotta say my hopes are kind of high with this one, it being a new stab at the Eclipse and all. If the first movie was any indication the gore is probably going to be insane.
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

Oh my god...that looks amazing....
NoNickName
imanewbie

Post by NoNickName »

Texanian
notanewb

Post by Texanian »

Wow... God Hand looks Great ! This trailer cheered me up for the whole week.Can't think about anything except Movie right now
"Then you will come to think of things in a wide sense, and taking the Void as the Way, you will thee the Way as Void.In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence,spirit is nothingness."- M.M (TBO5R)
Gou
imanewbie

Post by Gou »

Official trailer up on YouTube in 1080p:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... mVRPj9yqoU

Looks so, so sweet. Waiting for these to be released is almost as bad as waiting for the manga :sweat:
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

And now, Griffiths reap time:
Lukis
imanewbie

Post by Lukis »

Trailer of 3rd movie from ending of second movie(BD)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOxZbZK5dM8
Clannad- it punches your heart in the face
"Panties, Panties, Panties" - Chii (Chobits)
"How did I pass? She beat me like I owed her money. " - Ichigo (Bleach)
Death is certain, the hour is not.
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

I spoke with someone that watched it. Apparently, Minister Foss, the Queen, and the entire assassination plot was removed. Also, Serpico and Farnese are randomly in it.
Gloric
imanewbie

Post by Gloric »

Just a few differences in the film, a couple of them really annoying.
[spoiler]1. After the 100 man battle, Puck Dust doesn't make a mention in any form, it simple skips straight to the Doldrey battle after Guts is show as alive when they find him.
2. No assassination plot.
3. Farnese and Serpico are at the noble part after the Doldrey victory, they catch Guts' eye for no apparent reason.
4. During the battle vs Boscogne, Guts simply uses some fancy trick to get past Boscogne's defense and behead him, His sword doesn't break, Zodd makes no appearance and thus no sword was thrown to save his ass
5. They added a whole lot of little things which I felt were unneeded, such as Corkus being all friendly with women at the party (and it seems one in particular)
6. Another thing during the Doldrey battle, Boscogne sends what I assume is his right hand man to assassinate Griffith during the battle, to kill the enemy morale I assume. This results in a random beheading of the assassin from a passing rider. The only purpose this served was to show Gennon his disloyalty (as Gennon is randomly wandering the battlefield looking for Griffith, and see's the failed attempt, after telling Boscogne not to kill Griffith) - This had to be the biggest waste of addition to the film. There was no need of it, at all.
7. Griffith comes to rescue Guts and Caska after falling from the cliff[/spoiler]

Now to my opinion;
I didn't mind most of the direct translation form the original. The hundred man battle was.... not as intense as it could have been. Instead of making it about Guts getting worn down and going animalistic, most of the scenes involved were just him doing fancy swordplay. It wasn't bad by any means, it just wasn't as brilliant as it could've been. Should've been the highlight of the film, really.
As i've said in the spoilers, they spent a lot of time adding little unneeded things and extending some scene beyond what was needed. That production time and money could very well have been put into the things that were mentioned not put in. Even just the small things that weren't. I was only really disappointed in #4 in my spoiler list, I think it takes away from the very essence of what Guts goes through in every battle. He survived through luck, always has, his birth, his upbringing, his fight against Bazuso, Griffith, 100 man battle, every single battle is usually ended with him only getting through it by luck. But they changed that element. That element I feel takes away from any Gary Stu or Plot Armour feel you might get from a powerhouse like Guts, since he always usually comes through it by the skin of his teeth or incredibly injured.
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

I watched it this morning and I have a pretty sizable amount of fair complaints. Of course, most of them are nit-picky complaints of an obsessed fan perhaps too familiar with the source material, but above all else, I think I figured out what really rubs me the wrong way with these movies. They're taking what's one of the most unique series in anime/manga out there, and boiling it down to the lowest common denominator and just making mindless gore/action/tits movies reminiscent of OVAs you might see in the 80s or early 90s. The rich character development and interaction that makes Berserk so special is not present in any form. Judau, Corkus, Pippin, and Rickert are little more than random soldiers. To a newcomer, they are probably seen as just that. Guts and Griffith aren't the deep human-like characters Miura created. Guts is a cocky soldier with a shitty voice actor and Griffith has pretty much zero presence. He doesn't come off as the ominous, foreboding all dominating god-like human that he is meant to. He doesn't come off any way in particular, really, he's just the leader character. His reaction to Guts' betrayal comes off as a ridiculous over-reaction to the point of being comical really, as the movies have done a dreadful job of establishing the relationship between the two characters.

This movie is a 90 minute neck break paced film that is 80% distractingly bad Hollywood-style shaky cam or slo-mo action sequences, 10% random bits of dialogue and terribly paced story progression, 10% tits and rape. Instead of some scenes fleshing out the characters or the world of Berserk a bit, we get scenes of Griffith pinching Charlotte's nipples and munching on her vagina, removal of several key points in the story, and completely random introduction of characters that don't appear until after the entire arc has ended.

As random action movies, these movies are okay, but still not very good. As adaptations of Berserk, they are just straight up bad. At this point, I actually hope this staff doesn't adapt anything past this.
Last edited by brunoafh on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Did you guys watch the chinese rip? Or is there another version floating around? Cause I heard that version was partially censored so I skipped on it. Anyway, I'm impressed the changes have been this drastic, I'm getting weary about watching it now.