Comicon!!

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Comicon!!

Post by Buzkashi »

Who's there ? Who's going?

I'm there ! I'm going ! Woooooooooo !!!

Yaaaa!

Met Simone bianchi and had a nice long chat. After which he shows me the first 2 issues of the new Thor book he's doing before it's even out!

Meeting hideo Kojima as I type this and I'm seeing grant Morrison speak in an hour!! Holla at ya boy
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: Comicon!!

Post by War Machine »

I'll be there every day, I'm volunteering. Tomorrow is my lucky day though, if I get there in time, I might get into the panels for Futurama, Family Guy.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

yooooooooo. conned some dudes into thinking my friend was a celebirty and we were his entourage for the whole night. kicked it wiht rob deidrek at the hard rock like it was cool.... yeeeeeee

:kekeke:

lol
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Comic convention?

More like fighting game convention.

Thor, Trish, Amaterasu and Super Skrull in MVC3!
Street Fighter X Tekken AND Tekken X Street Fighter!
3rd Strike Online!
2 new characters for SSFIV arcade (potentially)!

Capcom delivered the goods more than any comic book company.

Also, you're all welcome to stop by NYCC later this year.

That San Diego shit is too far for me.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Comic books are for children.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

are cool
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

This is awesome, not only did I get to ask a question to the Futurama cast, but I also got a Futurama baseball cap signed by Matt Groening. I'm taking a lot of pictures, I'll probably upload them after the whole convention is over.

Tomorrow I'm gonna hit the panels for Merlin and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. Aside from that I think I'm just gonna roam the ground floor for goodies.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Femto wrote:are cool
Did you miss the joke I think you missed the joke >:I
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

YOUR FACE IS A JOKE!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Fuji and I crossed paths once, this con. Pretty cool.

Met thomas jane numerous times. Pretty sure he was super drunk the whole time.

Simone Bianchi is basically the home boy bow. Drew me a free sketch of any character i wanted. I chose romulus, a character he designed cuz well.. no one will draw romulus better htan him. He told me it was the first time he sketched romulus for anyone. He also signed af ew of my books and posters.

So many more highlights to this con. Eli Roth, Chino XL, etc..

Oh and i saw sneak previews of both Captain America and Thor!

Best comicon ever. Wish i coulda share the experience with you all.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

If you redeemed the ticket for the Cap. America or Thor T-shirt early then you might've seen me giving them out. I was working at the fulfillment room most days and as line management on for the Epic Mickey panel and the Lost panel. I should've asked who was going earlier and take pictures, but if I did see anyone I didn't recognize you, sorry.

A lot of pictures of my time there and of the swag I got coming soon.

---Edit---

First part of the pictures, all of the stuff I got:

http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd28 ... on%20Swag/

The posters were the only thing I payed for and I got a ton of stuff in spite of the fact that I was actively rejecting everything I knew I would just throw away later.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Buzkashi wrote:Fuji and I crossed paths once, this con. Pretty cool.

Met thomas jane numerous times. Pretty sure he was super drunk the whole time.

Simone Bianchi is basically the home boy bow. Drew me a free sketch of any character i wanted. I chose romulus, a character he designed cuz well.. no one will draw romulus better htan him. He told me it was the first time he sketched romulus for anyone. He also signed af ew of my books and posters.

So many more highlights to this con. Eli Roth, Chino XL, etc..

Oh and i saw sneak previews of both Captain America and Thor!

Best comicon ever. Wish i coulda share the experience with you all.
That's good to hear man. Unfortunately, I'm in Australia. Although the closest thing we have is an event called Supernova, which I don't go to. Probably because I hate people. Nah, I'm just busy and poor.

But hearing all the good things in the con do make me wish I was there. Hope you guys are all having fun.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, wish I could've been there. It sounds pretty awesome. That's some nice swag, War.

HYPNO TOAD!!!

*Turns into a brainless drooling zombie*
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Here are the rest of the pictures:

http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd28 ... on%202010/

That Joker and Astro Boy you see on a couple of pictures are from a friend of mine and his little brother who attended on friday only. The panels that I took pictures in (the pictures where everyone is sitting on a table) are:

Batman: The Widening Gyre (Kevin Smith in the middle there)
Chuck (went there and took lots of pictures as a favor to someone else)
Family Guy (pretty much the whole cast)
The Cleveland Show (don't like the show that much, but the panel was funny, Seth MacFarlane came back for this one)
Futurama (whole cast)
Mythbusters
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

And another treat I just found uploaded to youtube. This is the Futurama panel's Q&A portion where I got to ask a question and got the Hypno Toad hat signed by Matt Groening (skip to 1:30 to see them answering my question):

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Awesome stuff. :thumbsup: